Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
You were going for all the new villagers, right? I can't remember who else you had other than Megan and more recently, Audie
I also currently have Cyd. I've had a few of the new ones move away, so I wasn't looking to have them all simultaneously. Dom and Reneigh used to live on my island. Judy, Sherb and Raymond are the only ones I've never had before.

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
There are so many updates I want for this game and it's crazy that we'll see almost none of them. I just want to remove items from my villagers' houses.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
There are so many updates I want for this game and it's crazy that we'll see almost none of them. I just want to remove items from my villagers' houses.

If a feature like decoration other houses from HHD could make it in, it would be very cool. I havent seen on my side a trade offers from villager they want a furniture from x size to replace one of their furniture, which was happening in NL. This is also missing. Well, there is so much stuff missing, just hope well get a definitive version in the future.

GlakeGG

Sep 1, 2018
Minnesota

It's a shame, really. One of the things I dislike about being a huge fan of Japanese games, even more specifically Nintendo games is that I'm never optimistic about them ever seeing our wants/complaints/suggestions etc when it comes to further developing their games. For the most part they just do what they want. Not to mention the Director for ACNH has been chased off social media.

Hopefully villager house customization does make it in at some point. Would be really awesome if they just went ahead and implemented HHD features into the game, like imagine your villagers requesting you to come-over and help them tidy up or something. I could definitely see something like this incorporated if they ever decided to add in Lyle and the Happy Home Academy.

Kamala

Sep 22, 2019
Hi, new to this thread!

Preface: I have about 1000 hours into New Horizons, and about 2 into Pocket Camp around launch, before I uninstalled it and never looked at it again.

That said: hey why does Pocket Camp have cool stuff like this:

and

And New Horizons has basically nothing in terms of villager/item interaction?

I had no idea Pocket Camp went so hard on letting villagers do cool shit, and I'm over here spending 1000 hours watching my villagers do the same 5 behaviours/actions over and over.

Ohhh myyyy gooooooddddneeessss

Everytime I see pocket camp stuff I get so jealous. Where is my DOM BATHING DLC, Nintendo? 😢

Nov 25, 2019
You can actually replace and add little things to a villager house, although you really need to understand the process to get the best results (and it's a shame wallpaper/flooring is out of bounds). This is why I also think a full feature of changing their houses is not going to be added, the system in place is complex enough to throw it away.

The other thing about the devs "listening" to suggestions from the fans is that the true and great feedback is buried upon layers and layers of people whining, complaining and well, not really giving feedback. Just skimming through the comments on the official US twitter account is enough to give me a headache. Just today I had the misfortune of watching someone say that the game is "Instagram" like because a woman was the director.

By the way, I'm trying to get rid of some items as I have, somehow, almost hitting the storage limit again. Before I sell to Nook's, is anyone interested on them? https://villagerdb.com/user/rollingantony/list/sale

I don't need anything on return, but if anyone has anything from this list I'd be very grateful: https://villagerdb.com/user/rollingantony/list/wishlist-most-wanted

Jan 2, 2018
Massachusetts
You can actually replace and add little things to a villager house, although you really need to understand the process to get the best results (and it's a shame wallpaper/flooring is out of bounds). This is why I also think a full feature of changing their houses is not going to be added, the system in place is complex enough to throw it away.
Sucks that there are some houses where the furniture slots are too numerous and/or specific to reliably get em the way you want, and repeated attempts can mess with other furnishings (especially as you reach their inventory cap) as well. Even a "house reset" feature would go a long way.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I'm so sad. I struck out on villagers after like 100 NMTs. 😭

To be fair, I only ever island hop for the new villagers because I can access any of the ones that have amiibos easily enough.

Ah well, I had Stitches ready to go via the campsite just in case, so he's moving in. He's a cutie.

Nov 25, 2019
Sucks that there are some houses where the furniture slots are too numerous and/or specific to reliably get em the way you want, and repeated attempts can mess with other furnishings (especially as you reach their inventory cap) as well. Even a "house reset" feature would go a long way.
Yeah, the system is quite hard. I guess they didn't want players to have that much control over the islanders. But, please just let me pay the HHA to make the initial neighbors upgrade their homes to their normal ones haha

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Trying to catch up on the Event DIYs I missed since I kinda stopped playing back in August, here's my list:

- Mush Partition DIY
- Leaf Stool DIY
- Tree's Bounty Arch DIY
- Maple-leaf Umbrella DIY

I know it's a bit of a stretch since they're not in season anymore, but if anybody happens to have any of those, I'm interested and willing to trade!
I'm also trying to grab them on Nookazon as well, I really want to complete that collection ASAP :D

PS: Raymond finally gave me his photo, so that means I'm (probably permanently) done with villagers photos!
PS2: I'll have a meteor shower tomorrow night, with hopefully Celeste around since she wasn't there last night (only other night of the week with shooting stars), so if I don't forget about it, I'll gladly open my gates so that people can grab the Aquarius DIY and make some wishes.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2018
Massachusetts
Trying to catch up on the Event DIYs I missed since I kinda stopped playing back in August, here's my list:

- Mush Parasol DIY
- Mush Partition DIY
- Mushroom Wand DIY
- Autumn Wall DIY
- Colored-leaves Flooring DIY
- Leaf Stool DIY
- Maple-leaf Pond Stone DIY
- Traditional Balancing Toy DIY
- Tree's Bounty Arch DIY
- Tree's Bounty Big Tree DIY
- Festive Tree DIY
- Tabletop Festive Tree DIY

I know it's a bit of a stretch since they're not in season anymore, but if anybody happens to have any of those, I'm interested and willing to trade!
I'm also trying to grab them on Nookazon as well, I really want to complete that collection ASAP :D

PS: Raymond finally gave me his photo, so that means I'm (probably permanently) done with villagers photos!
PS2: I'll have a meteor shower tomorrow night, with hopefully Celeste around since she wasn't there last night (only other night of the week with shooting stars), so if I don't forget about it, I'll gladly open my gates so that people can grab the Aquarius DIY and make some wishes.
I have some of those seasonal recipes if you want, namely the festive trees and big bounty tree. I'm not gonna be playing til at least after the inauguration though, hope that's ok

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I have some of those seasonal recipes if you want, namely the festive trees and big bounty tree. I'm not gonna be playing til at least after the inauguration though, hope that's ok

That's perfectly OK, I'm in absolutely no rush whatsoever, I'm also watching!
Feel free to pop in my DMs whenever you're ready, and to let me know what you'd love as a return, what you're looking for!

Mob

Oct 25, 2017

- Mush Parasol DIY
- Mush Partition DIY
- Mushroom Wand DIY
- Autumn Wall DIY
- Colored-leaves Flooring DIY
- Leaf Stool DIY
- Maple-leaf Pond Stone DIY
- Traditional Balancing Toy DIY
- Tree's Bounty Arch DIY
- Tree's Bounty Big Tree DIY
- Festive Tree DIY
- Tabletop Festive Tree DIY

I've got Mush Parasol & Mushroom Wand DIY's, send me a DM when you're free if you still need them.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I feel sorry for Label. Look at the incredible range of clothing her sister Sable makes in that little shop. Compare it to the Label line which surely no one actually wears unless they're trying to be funny. It really is sad.
I use a couple of them, mostly the coat or sneakers sometimes, but yeah. They're supposed to be like premium designer or whatever and most of them are just ugly. Why, man!

Factory 1.21

Oct 29, 2017
Colorado, USA
I like the sneakers, the shirt, the shorts and the cap :(

You're just a bunch of meanies with poor Label.

OK, I feel bad now. 8( As penance, I'm now wearing the midnight cap, sunglasses, coat, and sneakers. I'm wearing the black down pants because I'm not gonna wear shorts in the middle of winter or a skirt (ever). The sunglasses are a bit feminine for me but this is penance so I'll wear them for now. I might switch to the black butterfly shades later.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Label's shoes and coats are nice, the problem is putting knit shirts into an expensive fashion line never works.

Jan 2, 2018
Massachusetts
I also currently have Cyd. I've had a few of the new ones move away, so I wasn't looking to have them all simultaneously. Dom and Reneigh used to live on my island. Judy, Sherb and Raymond are the only ones I've never had before.
I'm island hopping now and just came across Judy. I'm still trying to get Megan back, but for now I guess I could take in Judy for ya. Whatcha think?

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Sorry double post, but I'm looking for the following items to give my villagers:

A silver LCD TV (50") (for Ribbot) wait crap, this won't work, it can't be displayed on his iron worktable. =/
A crescent-moon chair (for Marina)
A wood grain mini fridge (for Snooty)

edit: got what I needed.

Yeah, the system is quite hard. I guess they didn't want players to have that much control over the islanders. But, please just let me pay the HHA to make the initial neighbors upgrade their homes to their normal ones haha

It's almost like it becomes a puzzle game, trying to figure out what things would look good in their homes, while also meeting the requirements to even be placed. I sent Snooty a couple items in the mail to fill her two 1x1 blank spots, but only one was put out. Then I realized the steamer-basket kit can't be placed on the floor. So I figured I'd give her a bamboo stool to put it on, but double checked first and nope, the basket is a kitchen item and can only be put on a kitchen surface. Hence why I want a wood grain mini fridge now, lol.

Edit: and now I see animals can't put items in the display category on surfaces in the base_table category, and that's just silly. No TV for you, Ribbot.

Last edited:

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
The aurora is so beautiful. Wish it'd influence the hourly music like rain and snow.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry double post, but I'm looking for the following items to give my villagers:

A silver LCD TV (50") (for Ribbot) wait crap, this won't work, it can't be displayed on his iron worktable. =/
A crescent-moon chair (for Marina)
A wood grain mini fridge (for Snooty)
I can craft the crescent-moon chair for you.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
I wish the process of inviting Amiibo villager was like in New Leaf. I don't know why they streamlined so many things but thought "ok, let's make this way more cumbersome than in New Leaf !"

Oct 28, 2017
I wish the process of inviting Amiibo villager was like in New Leaf. I don't know why they streamlined so many things but thought "ok, let's make this way more cumbersome than in New Leaf !"
This is a tradeoff vs how you get random campers to move in for New Horizons. With randoms, they only have to visit one tine to move in, but you have to deal with RNG during every part of the move in process (who visits, playing the card game, who they select to move out). With amiibo cards, you get to eliminate all the RNG elements but you pay a price elsewhere (having the card, item bribery, takes three days) to balance it out. Always felt fair to me.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
This is a tradeoff vs how you get random campers to move in for New Horizons. With randoms, they only have to visit one tine to move in, but you have to deal with RNG during every part of the move in process (who visits, playing the card game, who they select to move out). With amiibo cards, you get to eliminate all the RNG elements but you pay a price elsewhere (having the card, item bribery, takes three days) to balance it out. Always felt fair to me.
It's worse.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Especially since that one option was near non-existent in availability, and in many cases still continues to be as there's clearly not much production happening behind the re-release. Maybe it's Covid, maybe it's caution of not exceeding a demand like with past AC amiibos that seems difficult to do so in this case, or perhaps even both. But in the end it still leads to that system not really being supported, and most players in at least the US dealing with the obtuse baked-in method with the campsite or 24 hour island hopping of majority lazies and crankies with several repeat villagers in the process.

Last edited:

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Inviting villagers from the campsite is terrible and the most egregious case of not respecting the players time I've seen in years: No normal gameplay loop should involve the player speaking to a villager dozens of times: It both isn't fun and it exposes the very limited number of things a villager can say in return. It is just bad design, literally the biggest misstep in the whole game.

Campers who tell you they'd rather NOT move should stick to their guns and never change their mind: They should simply have a high chance to return in a few days if you unsuccesfully invited them to move in. Campers should also be a lot more frequent, frequent enough that Isabelle shouldn't even have to announce them.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
the campsite should be an igloo in the winter months

...I miss some of the cute little things like that from AC GCN. Useable soccer balls and bushes you can run through, too

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I mean the trade off should just be "you literally had to pay for the amiibo"

Oct 28, 2017
I mean the trade off should just be "you literally had to pay for the amiibo"
I've done both and I find the random campsite visitor much, much more of a hassle. Especially when they do the four suits version of the card game and you only have one or two villagers you'd be okay kicking out. So many resets really grind my gears.

I am pretty steamed that Nintendo isn't coming close to meeting the demand for amiibo cards though and I would never encourage anyone with a current generation Android phone to look into how to spoof an NFC tag or into the widely available and cheap fan made knockoff amiibo tags that often have a nice quality product attached to them.

Nov 25, 2019
It's almost like it becomes a puzzle game, trying to figure out what things would look good in their homes, while also meeting the requirements to even be placed. I sent Snooty a couple items in the mail to fill her two 1x1 blank spots, but only one was put out. Then I realized the steamer-basket kit can't be placed on the floor. So I figured I'd give her a bamboo stool to put it on, but double checked first and nope, the basket is a kitchen item and can only be put on a kitchen surface. Hence why I want a wood grain mini fridge now, lol.

Edit: and now I see animals can't put items in the display category on surfaces in the base_table category, and that's just silly. No TV for you, Ribbot.
Yes, they really made you work if you want to customise their homes. I read the guide once or twice and went nope. I just try to do something and hope for the best! (Even though now Boots and Renée have 2 beds instead of replacing their previous one haha)

The aurora is so beautiful. Wish it'd influence the hourly music like rain and snow.
Yes, the aurora is so pretty! I got the chance to see it twice on Mystery Islands before I saw it on my own island.

Status
Not open for further replies.