Status
Not open for further replies.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
If you have 10 residents in your town, when can you recruit a new villagers to your island? When one of them is in boxes and packing up? Or do you have to wait until the next day to start recruiting?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
If you have 10 residents in your town, when can you recruit a new villagers to your island? When one of them is in boxes and packing up? Or do you have to wait until the next day to start recruiting?
If you're not using an amiibo, then it has to be when you have a plot that is empty and unsold. Then any mystery islands you visit will have a random villager hanging around.

Oct 25, 2017

Once you have an open lot (which is a day after they have packed up) you can recruit again via nook mile islands

Otherwise you can use the campsite (if it has someone you want) and manipulate it in a way you can get a specific villager to leave.

Or just buy Amiibo cards for the character you want (if available) and pick who you want to leave.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Ah ok. So if they ask to leave, and you say "ok leave!" Then they'll start packing up that day? Or the next?

And then the day after they pack up, their plot will be empty, huh. Someone won't automatically move in?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Ah ok. So if they ask to leave, and you say "ok leave!" Then they'll start packing up that day? Or the next?

And then the day after they pack up, their plot will be empty, huh. Someone won't automatically move in?
I believe they're put into boxes immediately if you're forcing them out via amiibo, but if they ask to leave and you say yes, they'll be in boxes the following day, then gone after that.

Oct 25, 2017

Next day they will be in boxes, then gone the day after that.

Someone will move in the day after the plot is empty if you haven't found someone courtesy of Tom Nook.

And on the topic of someone automatically moving in there is also a place called "the Void" where (IIRC) if someone visited your island and had a villager leave their island before the visit then the villager might end up on your island. You will know if the villager came from a visitor's island because they tell you where they came from.

Its a crazy thing D:

I believe they're put into boxes immediately if you're forcing them out via amiibo, but if they ask to leave and you say yes, they'll be in boxes the following day, then gone after that.

That was my understanding as well.

They will also do it if the campsite villager picked them (and you allow it to continue).

Last edited:

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I'm about to sell my DIYs because they're taking up too much space.

If you want any, let me know.

7zb3bwg.png

jnTxt0K.png

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
And on the topic of someone automatically moving in there is also a place called "the Void" where (IIRC) if someone visited your island and had a villager leave their island before the visit then the villager might end up on your island. You will know if the villager came from a visitor's island because they tell you where they came from.

Its a crazy thing D:
I did see an article talking about the void, but is it really anyone who has visited your island?! Or just people on your friends list? If it's anyone that has visited my island... I have opened up my island on Turnip Exchange a few times, so a lot of people have come and gone... That's a pretty big pool of possible void members to come to my town.

Hmmm... I wanna try it out. :). If Hippeaux asks to move, that guy is getting the boot.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I did see an article talking about the void, but is it really anyone who has visited your island?! Or just people on your friends list? If it's anyone that has visited my island... I have opened up my island on Turnip Exchange a few times, so a lot of people have come and gone... That's a pretty big pool of possible void members to come to my town.
gfbandito ended up getting my Vesta a while back.

A3GTOXFJ_o.jpg

Jan 2, 2018
Massachusetts

Hmmm... I wanna try it out. :). If Hippeaux asks to move, that guy is getting the boot.
The void thing will only happen with villagers you've personally talked to on other players' islands, who have moved out. When they move in, the villager will be like "oh, it's you! Remember me from before? Crazy I ended up here, huh?" They remembered meeting you when you visited them, and they came to try living on your island.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like I finally hit the jackpot - Redd with 3 genuines, shooting stars with Celeste and the wedding event is still running all on the same day. I've found the perfect time travel farming point. I said I wouldn't time travel, but Redd and the visitor scheduling has been actively spoiling my enjoyment of the game.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've had Goldie, Stitches and Sprocket leave and they were the most recent villagers to move in everytime. Goldie and Stitches were Amiibo card move ins and they didnt stay very long. As i have the cards I didnt mind them leaving. I think the game asked Cole to leave too when i had Blaire in the campsite too.

That is very bizarre then because again, the game is wired so that the most recent move in shouldn't leave. Ninji confirmed that on twitter.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Marina is moving off my island today, I got her photo yesterday and Fauna turned up in campsite to ask to replace her
Anyone interested? I want her to have a good home

Oct 28, 2017
That is very bizarre then because again, the game is wired so that the most recent move in shouldn't leave. Ninji confirmed that on twitter.
Some of us have games that for whatever reason do not conform exactly to the data mining information especially when it comes to villagers. NMT island chances of seeing (certain personality types), move out requests, campsite not spawning the only "missing" personality type when one isn't living on your island, the works. My island absolutely does not conform with the data mining and I'm not sure why. In some instances it seems like I have the opposite thing happening, than what "should be" happening. Digital copy and I have never time traveled or done much intentional resetting. My spouse's island does line up 100% with the data mining information, and they haven't done anything differently than me.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Some of us have games that for whatever reason do not conform exactly to the data mining information especially when it comes to villagers. NMT island chances of seeing (certain personality types), move out requests, campsite not spawning the only "missing" personality type when one isn't living on your island, the works. My island absolutely does not conform with the data mining and I'm not sure why. In some instances it seems like I have the opposite thing happening, than what "should be" happening. Digital copy and I have never time traveled or done much intentional resetting. My spouse's island does line up 100% with the data mining information, and they haven't done anything differently than me.

NMT islands don't have any sort of chance for seeing a certain personality type. They just pick a species first and then select which of the eligible villagers from that species you get.
The only thing that prioritizes personality types is the random campsite visitors.

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
NMT islands don't have any sort of chance for seeing a certain personality type. They just pick a species first and then select which of the eligible villagers from that species you get.
The only thing that prioritizes personality types is the random campsite visitors.

ahhh that explains why I didn't see as many jock villagers as I was expecting on the NMT islands. As soon as I had a campsite villager, bam! Jock villager. Now Antonio is now part of my island.

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
So i have been trying to get a char since the beginning of the month because i know i wont be able to again until September(?). Multiple times of using fishbait on my clifftop, never once catching a char. Even at the end of may, when i made my golden trout push, not once did i catch a char, and i caught two golden trout at that point.

Today i was lucky enough to get CJ and his challenge was to catch barred knifejaw sized fish. Thats pretty much the same size as the Dace/tilapia. I dont like searching for midsize fish in the ocean right now because they are few and far between. So i stick to the rivers and the lakes that im used to. Just fishing for these mid sized fish, i pull up this big black fish from a medium shadow. Wtf is this? It was a char. And after seeing the low probability of a char spawning and all my trying, i pull one up, just trying to complete CJ's task. This game sometimes.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
There is a flag in the game that is supposed to make the last moved in villager not be part of the "get the thought bubble to move out" pool (together with the one that asked last).
Who gets chosen by the campsite visitor is fully random. Don't mix these two up.

Here is the long Twitter thread on the topic.

I'm really curious in what way your game is breaking its own data. Can you elaborate?

As already said Miles islands don't care at all for personality (it first rolls species 1-35, then a random character within that species). Move out-prompts are not 100% this or that, there is lots of RNG surrounding it (but there are a couple if hard coded flags like cooldowns after someone asked or moved out, and the last one you said no to not being the next one to ask).
The campsite has an almost 60% chance of giving you the personality you are missing, but that means a slightly more than 40% chance to not do that and just give you whatever personality.

It sounds more like you have misread or misunderstood the data than your island somehow going against the code of the game.

Edit: Spelling, phone typing is not my thing...

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
There is a flag in the game that is supposed to make the last moved in villager not be part of the "get the thought bubble to move out" pool (together with the one that asked last).
Who gets chosen by the campsite visitor is fully random. Don't mix these two up.

Here is the long Twitter thread on the topic.

I'm really curious in what way your game is breaking its own data. Can you elaborate?

As already said Miles islands don't care at all for personality (it first rolls species 1-35, then a random character within that species). Move out-prompts are not 100% this or that, there is lots of RNG surrounding it (but there are a couple if hard coded flags like cooldowns after someone asked or moved out, and the last one you said no to not being the next one to ask).
The campsite has an almost 60% chance of giving you the personality you are missing, but that means a slightly more than 40% chance to not do that and just give you whatever personality.

It sounds more like you have misread or misunderstood the data than your island somehow going against the code of the game.

Edit: Spelling, phone typing is not my thing...

That's what I was saying, my game did the opposite. NMT islands were seemingly prioritizing the personality type that wasn't currently living on my island when I was hopping during the first month, even (during and) past the forced Smug, that's how I got Raymond in under 20 NMTs, because the island was cycling Smugs. After that first month, I did let my starter Sisterly go and during over a month of not having a Sisterly villager, I never saw one in the campsite despite getting a camper every week. In addition to that, I just had four long time, max friendship villagers ask to move out on four consecutive days, despite turning the first three down and letting the game save each day.

I finally busted out my amiibo cards and am replacing everyone manually now, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who had weird things like this happen with our villagers. It has come up before in a past Animal Crossing OT.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
This campsite visitor mechanic is the WORST! Frita is my campsite visitor and a character who I want to replace Sylvia(sisterly starter) with, but she rarely wants to talk about moving to my island. She mostly either wants to play a game for items or other mundane dialogue.

I only had her talk about moving here twice and I closed my game both times when she picked out a character I don't want to let go.

EDIT: OMG, FINALLY! I got a new Sisterly visitor, Frita and Sylvia's leaving. The latter is in boxes.

Last edited:

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
I got Redd again after only 10 days but his selection sucks. Anyone want a fake Mystic Statue, fake Wistful Painting or fake Academic Painting?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
This campsite visitor mechanic is the WORST! Frita is my campsite visitor and a character who I want to replace Sylvia(sisterly starter) with, but she rarely wants to talk about moving to my island. She mostly either wants to play a game for items or other mundane dialogue.

I only had her talk about moving here twice and I closed my game both times when she picked out a character I don't want to let go.

EDIT: OMG, FINALLY! I got a new Sisterly visitor, Frita and Sylvia's leaving. The latter is in boxes.

It's all RNG I think. I had a similar experience resetting the game trying to get Goldie to ask Gayle to leave and there were times I felt like I had to ask 10-15 times before Goldie would even ask me to play a game for her to stay and then a couple of other times the first thing she said was I want to stay here let me talk to Resident Services, no game even.

holeung

Oct 28, 2017
Meteor shower and Celeste(she is at East) here
Melba crafting Dark Lily Wreath, she probably go to bed in 30mins
Free recipes on the beach.

I will probably be afk.

Gate closed, thank you for coming and all the waterings!

Last edited:

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Meteor shower and Celeste(she is at East) here
Melba crafting Dark Lily Wreath, she probably go to bed in 30mins
Free recipes on the beach.

[Hidden content]
Not necessary, but would be appreciated if you water those red roses in front of the museum.
I will probably be afk.
I watered your plants. Thank you for hosting and the diys.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of hate that villagers try to buy items you're holding. I just came back from some random island just to buy a different surfboard and the moment I come back, Tiffany wants to buy it. I normally say yes to most of that stuff but can they at least ask for something that I didn't just acquire? She already did that with a different colored locker that I'd just gotten from a balloon. Oh well, I disappointed her last night when I couldn't get a wharf roach for her either.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
the Scarab Beetle is 11pm-8am next month

That has to be the most annoying timeframe they could have possibly put on a bug. Good god. I'll have to wake up at 7am or something just for a chance to get it...

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
sirronoh - The Wooden Bookshelf is yours!

SolidChamp Champ: Water Dispenser, Wooden Bookshelf, Duck Decoy and Cherry Dress have been claimed.

LQX - Duck Decoy is all yours.

GeoGonzo Joltik and everyone else who's picking up DIYs, I won't be home till 5-6PM Eastern Time. I'll hold your stuff till whenever if that's not a good time. I don't need anything in return either. I honestly just want this stuff gone lmao.

(I'm messaging you all here because my work computer is shit so sorry if I don't respond to any DMs untill I get back to my home computer.)

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
This is gonna sound dumb but I kinda wish Redd had a guaranteed 2 real and 2 fake per visit because it's hard to find him as it is. And then once you buy the real one most times anyone else is left gooned over x-x

sirronoh

Oct 25, 2017
sirronoh - The Wooden Bookshelf is yours!

SolidChamp Champ: Water Dispenser, Wooden Bookshelf, Duck Decoy and Cherry Dress have been claimed.

LQX - Duck Decoy is all yours.

GeoGonzo Joltik and everyone else who's picking up DIYs, I won't be home till 5-6PM Eastern Time. I'll hold your stuff till whenever if that's not a good time. I don't need anything in return either. I honestly just want this stuff gone lmao.

(I'm messaging you all here because my work computer is shit so sorry if I don't respond to any DMs untill I get back to my home computer.)

Awesome, thanks -- and no problem! Whatever is easiest for you for the trade, I'll follow your lead. I'm at work too, so I'm not that present at the moment.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
the Scarab Beetle is 11pm-8am next month

That has to be the most annoying timeframe they could have possibly put on a bug. Good god. I'll have to wake up at 7am or something just for a chance to get it...
You could always move the system clock up. There's no harm in moving forward in time, it's going backwards that has potential negative effects (spoiling turnips, resetting turnip patterns). And even then there are ways to go back without messing things up.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
I finally used r/NoFeeAC and got 2 surfboards I didn't have and a different colored smoker. It's pretty nice and easy.

Edit - also, I have the Statue of Liberty from Gulliver. I'd love to trade it for a different Gulliver statue, just about any one of them. Let me know if interested.

Last edited:

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
After 3 months after ordering it, because of Covid-19 and the consequent lockdown that ensued, I finally received the Pietro patch I had ordered myself as a compensation for the pre-order version of the game with pins being cancelled.

yF7CCLv.jpg

I now need to find a proper tee on which to sew it, and I'll then undoubtedly be flawless for sure!
If anybody's interested, bought it here, seller is super nice, can make custom ones, and was ready to send me a new one had it not arrived by the end of week!

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Yay! Just got Filbert's photo! Tangy and Dom are all that are left, though Dom is a ways off I think.

Jan 10, 2019
After 3 months after ordering it, because of Covid-19 and the consequent lockdown that ensued, I finally received the Pietro patch I had ordered myself as a compensation for the pre-order version of the game with pins being cancelled.

yF7CCLv.jpg

I now need to find a proper tee on which to sew it, and I'll then undoubtedly be flawless for sure!
If anybody's interested, bought it here, seller is super nice, can make custom ones, and was ready to send me a new one had it not arrived by the end of week!

Fantastic! What were those cancelled pre-order pins, though?
Here we got keychains, luckily I could still pick mine up like 2 months later.

Maaka

Oct 27, 2017
I finally used r/NoFeeAC and got 2 surfboards I didn't have and a different colored smoker. It's pretty nice and easy.

Edit - also, I have the Statue of Liberty from Gulliver. I'd love to trade it for a different Gulliver statue, just about any one of them. Let me know if interested.

Hey! Would you want to trade for a Tower of Pisa?

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thanks to everyone who stopped by! I gotta close up for the day but thankfully I made a little dent in my DIY collection. I'm almost positive I got everyone who claimed something. If i'm wong, let me know and i'll hold on it what you requested and we an link up another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.