• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Hold me

Read through that twitter thread for more info an pics.

To summarize, it seems like the Animal Crossing official website is getting an overhaul, but there is a lot of placeholder text and nonsense.

DaNpoCAUwAAtrvK.jpg

DaNppZtVwAAs7AJ.jpg

Possible hint towards an Animal Crossing X Kafka crossover:
DaNsxRPU0AANT6W.jpg

Also worth noting that the 3DS and Wii U sections on the Animal Crossing website have been completely scrubbed.
DaNv-2yU8AEmYTn.jpg

DaNxR2aU8AAEbXL.jpg

A complete overhaul of the Animal Crossing website is a bit odd since there is nothing on the horizon for the series... OR IS IT PREPARATION FOR AN ANIMAL CROSSING SWITCH ANNOUNCEMENT?

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I predict that I'll buy the new AC, play it to death and burn myself out after a month. Same thing that happened with every other post-Gamecube version, really.

I just hope that the online mode us less clunky this time around. And I'd be excited if there's a BOTW-style revamp as the series has been extraordinarily samey.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Super Smash Bros., Pokémon, Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem would be a pretty sick second half of 2018 and totally redeem the year for Nintendo.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd love a Switch Animal Crossing this year. Nothing in 2018 has me excited yet, but that would do it as I loved New Leaf and am in the mood for another chill, relaxing game. AC is one of the few things I like playing portability as well, which would help with my Switch getting more usage.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Animal Crossing Switch in Fall let's gooo. Just in time to collect some Halloween furniture.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The writing was on the wall for a new game this year and this only furthers that idea.

ssnick37

Oct 27, 2017
I wish 3ds got one more proper AC instead if that BS home designer.

I know it's too late now but it still bothers me.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Please be a Switch Animal Crossing. It's my most wished game right now.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Animal crossing would have been Kafka's favorite game.

Its the story of the continued fight(paying of the mortgage) of the son(villager) against his father-figure(Nook).

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Well, looks like it's time for my girlfriend to get her own Switch. The BOTW addiction was hard to get through but she's still playing the older Animal Crossing games. I'd never see my Switch again.

NOOO i want a new fire emblem
Already coming this year. We're probably going to see more at E3 then get a FE focussed Direct between E3 and release.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Wait, "transformed into a horrible vermin"? The Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing was true all along?!

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Just imagine it guys: We could have Animal Crossing, Smash, Pokemon and Fire Emblem this autumn / holidays. Just dream of what could be. Year of dreams 2.0.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Smash Bros, Animal Crossing AND Pokémon? Get ready for the return of Supply Constraints. Poor Japan.

Voxl

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ha, that's funny. I use the same Kafka filler-text for layouting.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah. If they're announcing a new AC soon, it's coming out this year I think.
At some point there are too many games to get enough return back. We have Smash, Pokémon, Yoshi and Fire Emblem for second half of 2018. Only Pokémon is in question. We have the NSMB port rumored to come this year.

If all those games make it that's 5 games for 5 months (August - December). I wouldn't see the point of putting it there. Start 2019 off with huge momentum and put it there. Unless Pokémon can't make it this year, then put AC this year and Pokémon early 2019.