Manatron

Feb 6, 2018
This game has made me realize that my mind was broken by Mario as a kid. I am incapable of making jumps properly without holding the button next to jump. In a lot of games it is run, but in this it's use your item so I'm always using bubbles when trying to make a jump.

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
Loving the game so far, but Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown has broken me. This game would benefit a lot from "stamp" system from that game, with captures and all.

Oct 26, 2017
"mm this slinky thing puzzle is kinda dumb, I can just trial and error to see how it falls. They missed a trick here"
"mm that red button is gonna do something bad...presses it anyway"
"next room...AH OKAY!"

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Where in the world did this game come from? I didn't even know Dunkey was publishing games. The dev seems like a cool guy. I liked his explanation in the Dunkey video. So I bought it on Switch. $19 with the discount and my $3 in points. I'm enjoying it a lot. I hope I can really figure it all out.

I thought I had outsmarted the ostrich when I fell into a hole. But then his neck followed me into it. OMG.

Hrist

Jun 30, 2023
I love the slinky, honestly. Metroidvania need more wacky upgrades.

I should probably progress the, uh, main goal, but there's sad mewing kitties!
2/5 freed, more to go.

I'm suffering that encounter right now and I'm really annoyed too.

Yeah, it was...not the best.
The tongue hitbox felt extremely ungenerous, I had more trouble with that thing than with some Ender Lilies bosses, honestly. Instant Deaths are my bane.

ojbd

Jul 18, 2018
6ish hours in: 7 tools, 36 eggsies, 2/4 flames, i think most of the candles lit? (There is a room near the starting room that suggests there are 9 candles and I think I lit 7 of them).

I did find another, other collectible: a medal, which kinda broke my mind when I got it.

Still quite a lot left to do, i do know of one platforming section I am refusing to do which is the room to the left of the first rabbit you see in the game. from what I gather it requires perfect sequential bubble hopping and I just can't do that shit, I can do about 5-6 in a row maximum

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
I'm so annoyed I spent half an hour frustrated trying to bubble staircase myself up this narrow section with spikes all the way up and you can just pop them with the bloody disc lol

ALXJ

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Feb 16, 2021
played for about 4 hours today and i feel like i progressed* nothing haha there are some flames on the map and i couldnt get to a single one so i'd say it seems to be a pretty long game
in a twist of fate, played 5 more hours and then saw the credits with 21 eggs. I'll keep exploring but it is indeed on the shorter side. The price is good though (it has regional princing). i liked a bunch

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Spend way too many hours going though the entire map trying to find secrets. At this point I feel like I'm at a dead end.
I know at least three things that I'm looking for, but I can't find them. Based on what I've discovered so far, they are:
one last flute input to rescue the fifth cat, one more candle to light to potentially open a door near the squirrel warp, possibly more rabbits using the flute inputs + emoji stone

I'm currently at 53 eggs, and
two rabbits

Maybe I'll have another look around the map tomorrow.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I got a key, and now I'm stuck lol
My last save was at a telephone near these blocks that move while you're on a switch. halp.

But yeah, I am absolutely enjoying this experience having gone in blind. I had the frisbee for awhile before learning I can ride it hah
It's a cool experience... maybe if I had one complaint, it'd be that the music is a bit too subdued for my liking, but that's fine. It's going for mood, and I can appreciate that.

EDIT: now i'm "fighting" this water monster that shoots bubbles--love that I can just kinda walk away from whatever the fuck I was trying to do and, as of now, still feel like I'm making progress

Last edited:

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Can someone help me get the Sneak trophy? I've been trying to sneak up on squirrels, but with no success. I started a new game and there's a squirrel right at the start, but no matter how sneaky I am, he just runs away. Even the second time you encounter him where you can get to him from two sides it won't work. I must be doing something wrong 😅

forrest

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Rolled credits after 12 hours. Really cool experience and I love that the art direction gives black light poster vibes. Looking forward to seeing what post credits means.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
This game is a lot of fun but can be obtuse as hell. How can I pass this room? I can't kill the crows, the door is locked, and I have no idea how to access the switches in the middle.

Am I missing an item needed? My inventory shows the latest item I got

Wq7xKfW.jpeg

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
This game is a lot of fun but can be obtuse as hell. How can I pass this room? I can't kill the crows, the door is locked, and I have no idea how to access the switches in the middle.

Am I missing an item needed? My inventory shows the latest item I got

Wq7xKfW.jpeg
do you have the slinky

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
In the northeast!
FWIW I don't think you need that room to progress that region, you're safe to come back to it later

I'm looking at my map and can't see where I should go exactly? At least if you can tell me which room to head towards. Most of the north east has been discovered

Mar 19, 2021
I'm looking at my map and can't see where I should go exactly? At least if you can tell me which room to head towards. Most of the north east has been discovered

I'm pretty sure you need another item to get there first the bubble wand. Could be wrong and it might be doable without the spoilered item but the item you need for that crow room was the 5th one I got.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I'll be honest I don't remember what room it was in, it was so early on in the game. That was my first item aside from fireworks

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
For those who got the "Sneak up on a squirrel" trophy/achievement, how did you do it? I was just above a squirrel in a section. Dropped on him and he left before I could get to him. Do I need to use a special item? I have bubble, disc and yoyo atm.
Edit: of course, as soon as I asked for this, I just unlocked it. nothing special to do, just walk slowly from behind a squirrel and steal his nut.

Last edited:

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Idk who compared this to outer wilds, but that is absolutely nonsense

I think I got too hyped by Jason's tweet lol I was expecting this to be way more obtuse but it just seems like a fairly standard Metroidvania puzzle platformer? Granted I only just got the slinky but there hasn't been an "oh shit, everything clicked" type moment, unless it gets way more meta later on

That said really enjoying otherwise.

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
Olay so I'm in a room somewhere at the bottom of the map that has a locked section with a detonator and a switch inside, to the top right is a tiny room with some directions on the wall, which I assume is for the flute but they don't seem to do anything? Not really sure what the solution is here.

Edit: Nevermind found it

Last edited:

Krepu

Nov 14, 2018
Can someone help me get the Sneak trophy? I've been trying to sneak up on squirrels, but with no success. I started a new game and there's a squirrel right at the start, but no matter how sneaky I am, he just runs away. Even the second time you encounter him where you can get to him from two sides it won't work. I must be doing something wrong 😅

You need to approach one slowly from behind

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
This whole section with what I can only assume is the final boss so to speak, is incredibly annoying.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I think I got too hyped by Jason's tweet lol I was expecting this to be way more obtuse but it just seems like a fairly standard Metroidvania puzzle platformer? Granted I only just got the slinky but there hasn't been an "oh shit, everything clicked" type moment, unless it gets way more meta later on

Ooh, just wait. There is so much more going on in this game.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
This whole section with what I can only assume is the final boss so to speak, is incredibly annoying.

Managed to get past this now and finish the base game.

I had a great time with it. I do wish it could have been a bit longer because now that I'm finished I don't actually feel that compelled to keep playing. I thought something cool and huge was going to happen at the end to make me want to keep going, but nothing did, so now I feel a bit deflated.

Unless I missed something?

I'm just not sure how much I can be bothered to dive back in and find everything I missed. I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Colink

May 23, 2022
10h in, doubled my playtime since credits rolled, and I cant stop playing.
9 eggs left until the final door opens
So far, it even exceeds my expectations, and I cant imagine another game taking its place as GOTY, even though I'm sure there's still a lot more to do (so many rooms where I found hints or puzzles and havent finished yet).

Mar 19, 2021
So you know how at the very beginning of the game you see that rabbit at the top left of one screen taunting you? I figured out how to get there and my mind was blown lmao

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I still need 8 eggs. Kind of stuck again. Found the final candle, but I'm missing a match. I know of at least 3 chest locations, but I have no clue how to get them.

Managed to get past this now and finish the base game.

I had a great time with it. I do wish it could have been a bit longer because now that I'm finished I don't actually feel that compelled to keep playing. I thought something cool and huge was going to happen at the end to make me want to keep going, but nothing did, so now I feel a bit deflated.

Unless I missed something?

I'm just not sure how much I can be bothered to dive back in and find everything I missed. I'll see how I feel tomorrow.
I would say that once you've hit credits, you haven't really seen half of the game yet. Not really in term of environments, but more so in terms of hidden areas, secrets, items, etc.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I still need 8 eggs. Kind of stuck again. Found the final candle, but I'm missing a match. I know of at least 3 chest locations, but I have no clue how to get them.

I would say that once you've hit credits, you haven't really seen half of the game yet. Not really in term of environments, but more so in terms of hidden areas, secrets, items, etc.

Yeah I'm gonna go back on it tomorrow and try do a bit of exploring to see if I find uncovering the secrets interesting enough.

Right now though it's past my bedtime!

Woah somehow I double quoted, I guess that shows how tired I am.

Krepu

Nov 14, 2018
I really can't get it to work. Tried it 15 times or so by now. I finally managed to find one where I could easily get behind and if I only move 1 pixel it just runs away… Squirrels don't like me, I guess.

Example (no spoilers):

View: https://streamable.com/3fjcvh

Not sure which one you're using on the video, but it may only be achievable with the stick and not the d-pad, you need to move with minimal speed.

Jan 13, 2022

It gets way deeper and more difficult/obtuse in the post-game, which can go on for like dozens more hours and supposedly has stuff that will need the community to solve together.

At least all according to reviews.