Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
layer 1 complete

That was great all the way through! No major roadblocks, lots of nice "a-ha" moments. Really impressed with how this world os constructed

Now it's time to find some eggs 🤔

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a specific button timing for riding on the frisbee? I've jumped, thrown it and then managed to kinda hop on it without it having to ricochet back to me, but only rarely

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
I admit I had to use a guide 'cause I was absolutely stuck in the post-game but now I think I've got things moving again

Oct 25, 2017
What a great little game. I "beat it", but there's so much optional content and other hints that I'm gonna assume there's more to this game (don't tell me if there is or isn't).

Highest praise to the powerups. Some of the best the genre has seen in a long time. You're constantly finding new uses and new tricks with them throughout the game, and the different room layouts and warioland/toki tori style enemies make it so there's always an extra layer to learn or play around with. Especially the
bubble

Figuring out how to use that reminded me of learning how to wall jump in super Metroid. Lots of room breaking potential, but the game won't just tell you that and it'll require some dexterity to pull it off.

I probably won't go for 100% completion as I rarely do that, but it's an easy 10/10 game. You just start playing and never stop.

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
So I have every Egg and all upgrades/items, and I've "finished" the game (hit credits). Can anyone who's gotten all achievements or finished the game in it's entirety answer the following for me?

How do I get the "secret ending"? I assume the achievement "Exit" for "Exiting the Well" is said secret ending, I just cannot for the life of me figure out how to actually do this. I am aware of the speedrun figurines and the hidden bunnies, but I don't think those are tied to it directly?

pants

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Only real gripe is backtracking.

Other than that, its a fun, dreamy romp through puzzleplatforming.

The kangaroo is this game's answer to Nemesis lol

Oct 27, 2017
This game is so mesmerizing.
There's not thing really like it.
A playful, weird, curious, unsettling game with some incredible and unique design.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
almost an hour in, just got the frisbee. not really super interested in it so far. it's.. fine, but outside of atmosphere it's not wowing me at all. does it mostly continue like this? or does it open up more/get more interesting? ty in advance. I'm assuming I just need to keep pressing forward and give it more time. Not a huge fan of back tracking and needing to keep track of where I have to go/finding my way again so I'm starting to get apprehensive in advance Lol

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
I figured out how to unlock fast travel, but how do I make the animal heads around the world open their mouths so they can act as fast travel points?

EDIT: Oh, I see how it works now, with the flute statues in the same rooms

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
I'm almost managed to finished second screen where it starts jumping via downward bubble, it continues into the screen afterwords?
I'm not 100% sure if it's doable the way you're trying or not, I'm sure you can cheese it somehow. But there's a much, much easier way to do it with another item if you want to save yourself some annoyance.

beezer

Nov 5, 2017
I'm not 100% sure if it's doable the way you're trying or not, I'm sure you can cheese it somehow. But there's a much, much easier way to do it with another item if you want to save yourself some annoyance.
Meh, then I lost countless tries and about forty minutes for nothing. I guess it's time to sleep, will give it a couple of tries when I'll be fresh tomorrow, if not, will try to find proper solution, that you've mentioned. Thank you!

Aug 26, 2019
So I have every Egg and all upgrades/items, and I've "finished" the game (hit credits). Can anyone who's gotten all achievements or finished the game in it's entirety answer the following for me?

How do I get the "secret ending"? I assume the achievement "Exit" for "Exiting the Well" is said secret ending, I just cannot for the life of me figure out how to actually do this. I am aware of the speedrun figurines and the hidden bunnies, but I don't think those are tied to it directly?
I assume you have the 64 egg item if you have every egg. You have to take that item to a particular screen and use it to get the secret ending. The area you're looking for is in the final zone where you got the first ending.

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
I assume you have the 64 egg item if you have every egg. You have to take that item to a particular screen and use it to get the secret ending. The area you're looking for is in the final zone where you got the first ending.
Yep, I got that item. And I did go back there assuming it was the black hole, swirling donut thing after the house. But nothing is happening. I'm a little stumped still, can you be more specific maybe?

Aug 26, 2019
Yep, I got that item. And I did go back there assuming it was the black hole, swirling donut thing after the house. But nothing is happening. I'm a little stumped still, can you be more specific maybe?
It's a secret room within the last area. It isn't next to the house, it's several screens above it. Try turning the UV light on and search around where you encountered the manticore the first time, there should be a top indicator.

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
How much time did it approximately took you to gather all eggs?
I found about 40 naturally in my regular playthrough to credits which was maybe 7 hours or so long.
I found about another 15 or so on my own searching with most of the items from suspicious spots I marked on my map to look back on after completing the game. That was maybe another 2-3 hours or so.
The last bunch I just absolutely could not find and used a guide to locate them. Which took maybe an hour or so. So maybe 12-13 hours total with assistance?

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
I keep playing this hoping for it to click but it just hasn't done anything for me yet. Keep feeling like I'm missing something because every review I heard was like calling this a GOTY contender.

Liodin

Apr 14, 2022
Base game finished, 52 eggs and I am missing 2 items.
I don't know how to see how many rabbits I have captured, but at least 5.

The game is fine. The critics have over praised it in my opinion. The base game is very short (4h) and easy. The map is a pain to navigate, and the secrets require you to explore A LOT.

Animal Well is Tunic in 2D, but Tunic is a much better game in every way.

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
It's a secret room within the last area. It isn't next to the house, it's several screens above it. Try turning the UV light on and search around where you encountered the manticore the first time, there should be a top indicator.
Okay so I definitely found it but Now I am blocked by this giant block with the creatures face on it and I keep dying to it. I've used all my items and I cannot for the life of me see what I have to do here. I see a flute statue near the other side of the room but I don't see any real reaction from the flute at all.

Aug 26, 2019
Okay so I definitely found it but Now I am blocked by this giant block with the creatures face on it and I keep dying to it. I've used all my items and I cannot for the life of me see what I have to do here. I see a flute statue near the other side of the room but I don't see any real reaction from the flute at all.
Right, this is the thing that blocked me from progress as well. Similar to other blocks with an animal's face on them throughout the game there is some kind of animal preventing you from moving that block the way you want. You need to explore directly right of that screen a bit more to find a room that can remove that block. The flute needs to be played on the statue to have any effect, so you must remove all impediment blocks.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

I found the place depressivestate described, but idk how to get to the room with the top thing. It's blocked by glass and I don't see a way to enter from the top either. How do I get in there?

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
Right, this is the thing that blocked me from progress as well. Similar to other blocks with an animal's face on them throughout the game there is some kind of animal preventing you from moving that block the way you want. You need to explore directly right of that screen a bit more to find a room that can remove that block. The flute needs to be played on the statue to have any effect, so you must remove all impediment blocks.
Cool, thank you, that also helps.

GabriocheXD

May 27, 2019
Loving the game so far. It's chill and I like that. If you like that game, you need to play Environmental Station Alpha. It's made by Baba is you's developer and is for sure an inspiration for Animal Well.

And if you're REALLY into these games : La-Mulana.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
they are finding some crazy fucking shit in the discord

I've gotta catch up ASAP, post-game seems nuts

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta figure out the dice by the egg room and the bunny mural if you shine a light on it different parts have a different shade glow, wonder if that's anything or a distraction

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Could you please tell me how to get into the space with the top indicator? I've been trying for like an hour and my brain hurts, lol. I can see it, I'm standing right next to it, but I have no clue how to get in there.

Aug 26, 2019
Could you please tell me how to get into the space with the top indicator? I've been trying for like an hour and my brain hurts, lol. I can see it, I'm standing right next to it, but I have no clue how to get in there.

96EX6VF.jpeg

You just use a bubble on the fan and ride it up then jump off to the right.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I just got the bubble wand and holy shit does that open the game up. It's basically a double jump but the game naturally teaches you more uses for it in very clever ways. This is such a genuinely masterfully designed game. I have some questions though.

What is that weird ghostly cat thing that comes out when you get the disc? What is the peacock room for? What are the eggs for? How do you defeat the main animals? I already got through the seahorse boss but I'm not sure I actually defeated it yet.

I'm sure these questions will get answered as I keep on playing but this game rewards exploration and teaches you so much about the environment without giving you any verbal advice. It's brilliant.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
This game is hard as fuck lol, one of the most obtuse games I've ever played. Think I need to put it down for the night, getting frustrated because I keep running into dead end after dead end.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
This game is hard as fuck lol, one of the most obtuse games I've ever played. Think I need to put it down for the night, getting frustrated because I keep running into dead end after dead end.

I definitely regretted not marking the map more. Trying to remember where shit was made it more tedious than it should have been.