Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oh well, I think I'll have to start looking a few things out. I'm out of ideas.

I'm at 44 eggs post games. two of the circular recess areas are cleared. (didn't see any other ones that I can think of).

Also before I beat the final boss I think I messed something up.. (post game spoiler)

I found the house and etc. before making it to the final boss by climbing the long shaft with the bubbles. Squirrel under the big clock gave me a stopwatch or something like that, but I don't see it in my inventory. Is that normal?

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I found the house and etc. before making it to the final boss by climbing the long shaft with the bubbles. Squirrel under the big clock gave me a stopwatch or something like that, but I don't see it in my inventory. Is that normal?

Press start while mid-game, see that timer? It runs all the time, even while paused. That's your stopwatch!

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any postgame guides yet? I'm wandering all over the place and am not finding new stuff yet so I'm missing a lot.

I did get the
ball
though.
Yeah there are guides if you google for all items, all eggs, and all rabbits. "All eggs" is the goal for ending B. Personally I would recommend not looking anything up until you feel truly stuck though, there's hidden stuff all over the place and its fun to work out new ways of thinking about what's around you.

Mar 19, 2021
Got the last item and now have 9 eggs left to go, 4 of which I know where they are but no idea how to get to. Also no idea what to do with the ball, seems superfluous?

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Took me wayyyy too long to figure out not to take
the disc
. I was like damn this game is tough as hell!

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Are there any postgame guides yet? I'm wandering all over the place and am not finding new stuff yet so I'm missing a lot.

I did get the
ball
though.
I used techraptor's guides to round out my items, candles, and eggs once I explored as much of the map as I knew how to. Didn't feel like backtracking any more than I already had wandering around looking for secrets.

Jan 13, 2022
I wonder how this is selling. I hope well, though obviously a lot of people are doing it through PS+, so hopefully they got a decent bag for that.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Done with the game, i had to check a guide for like 3 bunnies and my last 4 eggs... that were all TOP related, fuck those, haha but i did everything else alone

this was so good

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Is there anything in this game for people that don't enjoy most metroidvania games? I ditched Hollow Knight within 20 mins, and Ori within 40 mins. I'm usually deterred getting lost and too much combat.

Mar 19, 2021
The ball can be used to break through some objects that can't otherwise be broken. If you've seen any colored bricks around, it breaks those.

Ah I did not expect that lol thanks!!

Is there anything in this game for people that don't enjoy most metroidvania games? I ditched Hollow Knight within 20 mins, and Ori within 40 mins. I'm usually deterred getting lost and too much combat.

Honestly probably not, no combat here but you'll get lost a lot. Unless you enjoy figuring out stuff and exploring I don't think this would be for you

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Tell me! 😅

Yeah, I'm feeling the same.
Im at a point where I need to revisit every single room and use certain items there, which I don't find very fun.
Which guide did you use?
TechRaptor, IIRC! They have a nice guide with a picture of the egg room so you can look up which ones you're missing.

Hrist

Jun 30, 2023

There is little actual combat, but you will get lost.

A lot.

I wouldn't recommend it if that deters you. It's a great game, but you really want to like exploring if you give it a go, otherwise it may just not land for you.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
im at 51 eggs now. i have the remote and can see there is a chest near the pit of dogs to the left in the floor but can't figure out how to get it, which makes me think its a pipe somewhere which is one of my least enjoyable parts of the game. on the top rightof the dog pit there is a switch wall, but the remote doesnt work in this room because theres no IR receiver

I also got to the skeleton fish boss, but I cant really figure out what to do, which makes me think I dont have the right item. I did find the phone in the floor as well as the geysers that let you get back out of the room

at some point i heard an explosion and then found a dog in a running wheel and changes the direction of the main lift. no idea what triggered that? would have been nice to do it myself in a more intentional way

oh and i just figure out how to teleport after 10hours of playing lol

i think im hitting my end with this and might just go to a guide. it seems like there is too much hidden stuff without much hints how to do it. its fustrating because i really do enjoy these games usually, there's just some things that really rub me the wrong way :\

Last edited:

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I'm trying to get past the otters and can't seem to figure it out. I think I need to use the slinky and Yoyo but can't get the timing or trick right. Any tips? Thanks!

Mar 19, 2021
I'm trying to get past the otters and can't seem to figure it out. I think I need to use the slinky and Yoyo but can't get the timing or trick right. Any tips? Thanks!

You have the right idea, this took me a while too tbh. Keep the otters as far right as possible with the yoyo and make sure to time it so you can still get under the blocks. That was pretty tricky

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
How I did it

Go to the far right and drop a slinky, otters will gather under it. Now go to one step above first green switch and drop slinky. If you are lucky/fast enough the second slinky will clear both blocks before otters come back

Jan 13, 2022
How I did it

Go to the far right and drop a slinky, otters will gather under it. Now go to one step above first green switch and drop slinky. If you are lucky/fast enough the second slinky will clear both blocks before otters come back

Even easier is to do this but as you drop the second slinky, switch to the yoyo and use it to distract them until you get past it. It'll give you easily enough time.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Thanks everyone for the help, I'll give it a shot in the morning. I
just got the first flame by the ostrich and am working on this second one.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I already moved on but I am curious. Do you get an item later that can break those glass looking blocks?

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
im at 51 eggs now. i have the remote and can see there is a chest near the pit of dogs to the left in the floor but can't figure out how to get it, which makes me think its a pipe somewhere which is one of my least enjoyable parts of the game. on the top rightof the dog pit there is a switch wall, but the remote doesnt work in this room because theres no IR receiver

I also got to the skeleton fish boss, but I cant really figure out what to do, which makes me think I dont have the right item. I did find the phone in the floor as well as the geysers that let you get back out of the room

at some point i heard an explosion and then found a dog in a running wheel and changes the direction of the main lift. no idea what triggered that? would have been nice to do it myself in a more intentional way

oh and i just figure out how to teleport after 10hours of playing lol

i think im hitting my end with this and might just go to a guide. it seems like there is too much hidden stuff without much hints how to do it. its fustrating because i really do enjoy these games usually, there's just some things that really rub me the wrong way :\
For the skeleton fish boss:
Pay attention to the bubbles and which direction they're moving in.

Full Spoiler: the bubbles are telling you notes to play on the flute.

Regarding the dog wheel: I THINK you used the remote control. If I remember right there's an IR receiver that blows up the wall.

JCH!

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tenerife
50-something eggs in and still don't know what to do with the stamp pillars lol

Question: Did I fuck up by not getting the chest in the room to the left of the Ostrich before killing it? Platforms are no longer moving and I can't figure out how to press the switches that unblock the door.

Last edited:

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
50-something eggs in and still don't know what to do with the stamp pillars lol

Question: Did I fuck up by not getting the chest in the room to the left of the Ostrich before killing it? Platforms are no longer moving and I can't figure out how to press the switches that unblock the door.
You will be able to get that chest later, but not yet.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
Finished it earlier.

Honestly, if it weren't for PS Plus making this free for this month, I might not have checked out Animal Well right away. And what a shame that would be, because this game is truly special.

It genuinely belongs up there with the likes of Portal 1 + 2, Myst, and Obra Dinn.

Easy 9/10 from me.

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
For people who liked this and la-mulana, i can't recommend enough my goty from last year, VOID STRANGER

just go with that informations, if you like these kind of puzzles, you'll definitely like this one
100%. This game scratches the same itch, with the caveat it's not going to be an automatic slam dunk for people that can't get past the sokoban element. What a great couple years it's been for games in this 'genre' though

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Damn this game breaks my head. I would recommend to figure out stuff on your own and leave this thread. Some of the surprises are really good when you figure it out by yourself.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
I already moved on but I am curious. Do you get an item later that can break those glass looking blocks?
As far as I know, no. However, the final boss can break glass blocks with their eye laser attack, and the game does keep track of which ones in the final area have been broken (this is also important to be able to get the second ending). It's possible there may be some use for this, or a hidden item that breaks glass that no one has found yet.

beezer

Nov 5, 2017
What exactly happens when you rapidly tap d-pad up 4 times? Is it some mechanic or just an easter egg that I don't understand?

hutton

Feb 20, 2018
What a great game this is so far

I bought it for the Switch and I've enjoyed every minute of my 11 hours so far.

8 hours in I suddenly realized you can get infinite bubble jumps by quickly shoot a new bubble after jumping of one bubble.

This made the game even more open and It created a lot of fun and challenging "sequence breaks".

I sequence broke the heck out of certain areas (which in reality was totally intentional by the creator) and it made for some fun self-created challenges.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
What exactly happens when you rapidly tap d-pad up 4 times? Is it some mechanic or just an easter egg that I don't understand?

You turn into Gomez from FEZ. Probably just a reference, but it might be related to a puzzle no one has figured out yet. Also, I let my friend who just started the game try it and it didn't work for him, so it might only be possible in the post-game or something.

Something also happens if you press and hold jump for a couple seconds.

beezer

Nov 5, 2017
You turn into Gomez from FEZ. Probably just a reference, but it might be related to a puzzle no one has figured out yet. Also, I let my friend who just started the game try it and it didn't work for him, so it might only be possible in the post-game or something.

Something also happens if you press and hold jump for a couple seconds.

oh my, what a jumpscare, lol

okay, thank you. for now looking for new eggs after finishing base game, but continue to stumble on things I have not a slightest idea what to do with instead, but it's super fun nonetheless

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
OK I got my 2nd flame now and the last 2 I can see are at the bottom of the map.

I navigated to the south east one and I don't know how to proceed, but I did see a place with arrows painted on the background (that are barely readable) and you are stuck in a tiny room and there is nothing else.

I tried to play the flute to the directions of the arrows and nothing happened.

Anyone know what I should do next?

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
OK I got my 2nd flame now and the last 2 I can see are at the bottom of the map.

I navigated to the south east one and I don't know how to proceed, but I did see a place with arrows painted on the background (that are barely readable) and you are stuck in a tiny room and there is nothing else.

I tried to play the flute to the directions of the arrows and nothing happened.

Anyone know what I should do next?
In your case, you should leave the area znd aim to get the other two flames. Remember what you just described as it could be useful later in the game. I'm posting how below if you want to spoil yourself.
The arrows you found are indeed notes for the flute and it is used to get the cats out of the cage. There are 5 set of notes to find, one set for each imprisoned cat.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sooooo any help on getting through the left side of this image...
20240512-173607.jpg

Mar 19, 2021
Layer 3 question: (post-post game): How many of these bunnies are you supposed to be able to find by yourself? Found the one that needed the bubble jumps and then the UV bunny. Any general tips? I also seem to have at least two more chests that obviously won't be eggs or matches that I can't seem to get to, guessing that's something else?

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
I'm on 58 eggs and I'm terribly stuck, spent the last two hours with zero progress…
Here's my collection if any kind souls in here are feeling like giving me a nudge
09509-F9-B-4163-4-E02-83-AA-E984-DEA7-EAF7.jpg
There's only one I've located that I can't figure out how to get the one in the wall near the dog pit

Mar 19, 2021
I'm on 58 eggs and I'm terribly stuck, spent the last two hours with zero progress…
Here's my collection if any kind souls in here are feeling like giving me a nudge
09509-F9-B-4163-4-E02-83-AA-E984-DEA7-EAF7.jpg
There's only one I've located that I can't figure out how to get the one in the wall near the dog pit

The one you mentioned is not an egg, was bashing my head against that but turns out it must be something else. I used the TechRaptor guide for my last 4 eggs because I couldn't figure them out, I'd suggest trying that guide because it also kind of doesn't give you the full solution immediately

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Layer 3 question: (post-post game): How many of these bunnies are you supposed to be able to find by yourself? Found the one that needed the bubble jumps and then the UV bunny. Any general tips? I also seem to have at least two more chests that obviously won't be eggs or matches that I can't seem to get to, guessing that's something else?
There's only 1 bunny that requires collective team effort, but it's unclear if there's an alternative to it that can be done solo since not all bunnies have been found (speculating)