Mar 19, 2021
There's only 1 bunny that requires collective team effort, but it's unclear if there's an alternative to it that can be done solo since not all bunnies have been found (speculating)

That's so crazy to me, I don't even know where to keep looking for them at this point lol. Guessing every tool maybe has a bunny associated with it?

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Okay, I'm on the Ostrich path, and I need a little hint/advice for the later part of the area.

I'm in the section where you can see boxes moving in one direction, and when you find a big Ostrich, it's in a cage/wheel that changes the directions the boxes are moving depending which direction it looks. In the room to the left of that, there's a chest guarded by a door that takes two buttons to unlock, but I cannot seem to figure it out. Any hints or specific mechanics I should be thinking about to hit them would be great! I've tried the yoyo, the slinky doesn't seem to do anything, etc.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Got the true ending and the platinum trophy. Great game, would give it a 8.5.

Finally looked at the stuff people are solving afterwards and yeah i'm good, don't need to see it all for myself, satisfied enough. Not my fav of the year but a really strong game and I'm excited to see what the dev does next.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
just did the part where you bring the mock disc to the topthat shit was intense.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, so there are 3 endings:
1) finding all flames
2) finding all eggs ( only 5 to go)
3) finding all bunnies ( I think I found 6 or 7)
Maybe a super secret one after that?

Currently trying to find all eggs.
This game is exactly what I wanted, reminds me a LOT of Environmental Station Alpha.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Ok, so there are 3 endings:

There are two actual endings with credits (so far). Finding bunnies hasn't lead to credits or an ending yet, though not all of them have been found, but a large bunny-related puzzle has been solved. Not sure if there are more actual endings/credits. Though something semi-related was discovered earlier today that I won't post here.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
okay kind of had a hankering to go back in a little and do some post game, had to look up wtf the clue was to do the flute fast travel thing, I dont think I would have figured that out on my own. It's not SO 'hidden', but I was looking on the walls for some indication, not where it wound up being. Holy fuck its going to be SO useful though. Definitely improves the QOL of going and exploring more.

side question, what's the comparison with La Mulana I see often in the thread? I thought that was more like Spleunky?

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
I'm mixed on it so far, but I'm still early on (only found the firecrackers and bubble abilities so far).

All of the things it's been praised for is all true. It looks gorgeous, and sense of exploration and discovery is sublime.

But there are niggling little things that stop me from really loving it. World navigation often feels really annoying. Like, you see one missed spot on the map from earlier and now you have to redo the sometimes frustrating platforming to get back there, and the game has done nothing (so far) to smooth the edges off this backtracking and having to redo the platforming challenges again. And the checkpointing can feel pointlessly harsh at times.

Hrist

Jun 30, 2023
side question, what's the comparison with La Mulana I see often in the thread? I thought that was more like Spleunky?

La Mulana isn't like Spelunky - it's not procedurally generated, it's a large metroidvania-ish map, and progression is gated both by items and by very obscure actions. It's somewhat comparable to animal well, but unlike it, it has a lot more combat and a ton of death traps.

It's also *far* harder to complete on your own. In the first La Mulana, a lot of people failed to get past the firts few screens.

Okay, I'm on the Ostrich path, and I need a little hint/advice for the later part of the area.

I thought I used the Slinky to do one of the buttons, but I did it later in the game, after something happens. You may need to do more in the area first before you can get to it (if it feels like the chest cannot be obtained then, don't worry, it can with a later item, you're not locked out of it by the change I am alluding to)

Can someone explain where I take the E Medal?

A bit East of the Seahorse boss, east where you got the flame.

Second hint: You have to jump on one of those bubble eating transport pipe statues

beezer

Nov 5, 2017
Regarding bunnies: is it shown anywhere how much have I gathered so far? I forgot was it two or three this night

Also, is only purpose of funny pack to let me carry more firecrackers?

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing this during the weekend and i'm enjoying it a lot. It's quite addictive and fun. Everytime i felt stuck, there was always another path to take. There are a few issues but i'll get to that once i'm done with the game.

beezer

Nov 5, 2017
Thank you, guys!

I'm thinking about Layer 2 and how many players, that are not heavily engaged in gaming communities, would miss the idea that there is the whole new game after gathering all flames and defeating Manticore. I think, many may consider finishings all eggs just a collectathon to complete trophies. Although, things you see inside house and after leaving it may be enough of a nudge for people to explore further

Mar 19, 2021
I only know because I was checking the savegames for potential dev wackiness haha.

Oh I'm sure there's something wacky with the save games lol

Thank you, guys!

I'm thinking about Layer 2 and how many players, that are not heavily engaged in gaming communities, would miss the idea that there is the whole new game after gathering all flames and defeating Manticore. I think, many may consider finishings all eggs just a collectathon to complete trophies. Although, things you see inside house and after leaving it may be enough of a nudge for people to explore further

Yeah definitely, although I think there's enough of a secret "atmosphere" as well as some rooms (that you'd need to stumble upon first ofc) that make it obvious that there's more. But it's also cool that you can just play this as a fun metroidvania without engaging much further as well.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
FE8ww5k.png
and then it wasn't even an egg or item!

I have 58 eggs and I'm missing 1 items which I think will let me get the last two(?). I have no idea how I am missing this item still
I have the wheel, UV light, remote. So i'm missing whatever is left there. I have a feeling its locked behind the medallion area in the top left, but no idea where the medallion is...

I've seen two areas with these breakout (the game) looking boxes, so once I figure this out I should be able to wrap up all the eggs without guides

edit: 59 and still missing the last item
editedit: 60 and still missing the last item

Last edited:

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
I got the top item. Is there any visual indication on screen on when to use it? I don't really want to try it on every room to see if it does something.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
I got the top item. Is there any visual indication on screen on when to use it? I don't really want to try it on every room to see if it does something.

The readability for it sucks if you ask me, it's really hard to see where it can be used. But try looking for floors with a clear, jagged pattern in areas where there's a lot of blackness/dead space beneath where a hidden space could reasonably be.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
The readability for it sucks if you ask me, it's really hard to see where it can be used. But try looking for floors with a clear, jagged pattern in areas where there's a lot of blackness/dead space beneath where a hidden space could reasonably be.
Ohhh, thanks a lot for the tip! I have often used the blackness tip to find areas I haven't visited before but I didn't think to apply the same reasoning for the top. I'll also definitely keep an eye on the pattern you described.

GabriocheXD

May 27, 2019
okay kind of had a hankering to go back in a little and do some post game, had to look up wtf the clue was to do the flute fast travel thing, I dont think I would have figured that out on my own. It's not SO 'hidden', but I was looking on the walls for some indication, not where it wound up being. Holy fuck its going to be SO useful though. Definitely improves the QOL of going and exploring more.

La-Mulana and its sequel are giant treasure hunts with puzzle rooms and overarching puzzles that span the whole game. They are "nothing" like Spelunky although I'm a BIG fan of both series.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
Got to the credits and did some more treasure hunting. Looks like I still have tons of things to do. This game is so sick.

Hrist

Jun 30, 2023
La-Mulana and its sequel are giant treasure hunts with puzzle rooms and overarching puzzles that span the whole game. They are "nothing" like Spelunky although I'm a BIG fan of both series.

There's nothing like scouring La Mulana/Egg lana all over for a clue, and then it making click and you going "Wait, no way", and the game going. "Yes way, this way."

and then it wasn't even an egg or item!

This room drove me up a wall, especially because the solution I wanted didn't work.
If you want hint for the missing item (there is a rather mean aspect to this):

Chase down the kangaroo. You can identify a room that can spawn it, but it will NOT always spawn there, annoyingly

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I think I should be able to "beat" the game later tonight. I just have one last flame to go, I know exactly what I have to do to get it and I have my route planned out already, just gotta execute. I'm still missing a couple of items and I'm up to like 36 or so eggs for now, not too bad for mostly wandering without looking at any outside resources or anything. I also have one candle left to light, but am still missing the match I need for it, and there's still several puzzles I've come across that I don't have answers for yet.

So far I've been enjoying it for the most part. There's some interesting surprises and clever uses for several of the tools, though I do feel like scouring the map for secrets is going to eventually wear itself thin so I'm not sure how deep into the "layers" I'll be willing to go. The idea of community-driven puzzle solving sounds fun in theory but I can't help but interpret that as "extremely obtuse solutions that will involve specific technical knowledge or digging into game files/code" and that's just not something I'm that interested in.

Manatron

Feb 6, 2018

In the Kangaroo shaped room where you got the ball in the upper left hand corner of the room there is a spot on the wall that looks different. Kind of like the bricks from Brick Break. When you throw the ball and it hits them it turns blue and starts acting like the ball from Brick Break. In that specific room you can break the bricks pretty far back to get an egg.

I'll be honest the implementation is not my favorite haha. The bricks come back when the ball goes off screen which is annoying.

I'm sure there are other places with the bricks but I have not found any yet.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
I've collected one flame and feel totally stuck now. I've gone through everywhere I can but clearly I'm missing something. I don't even know how to ask for help or search for hints at this point.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Question about the map. There are rooms that are "too dark" to see which prevents them from showing up and from letting me open the map in them. Is that permanent or will there be an item at some point that lets me map them? I hate that they just show up as black on the map so I can't tell if it's a room I've visited already. I guess I should just start placing a marker when I visit them or something.

Mar 19, 2021
Question about the map. There are rooms that are "too dark" to see which prevents them from showing up and from letting me open the map in them. Is that permanent or will there be an item at some point that lets me map them? I hate that they just show up as black on the map so I can't tell if it's a room I've visited already. I guess I should just start placing a marker when I visit them or something.

You'll be able to map them! Placing a marker in the meantime could be a good idea so it's easier later on

The Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
Iwish the map had one more level of zoom for Layer 2, the broken lines indicating unexplored gaps are great hints but hard to assess at the resolution provided.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I hit credits. Some real head scratchers and challenging sequences throughout. Don't know how some of you are getting through this so fast! Final boss was a punk 😝

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm on the right track for post-game stuff, but I'm starting to hit a lot of road blocks. I'm charting some stuff that seems important, I've gotten a few new items, and found a few of what I assume the point of the post-game is. Found a few locations that seem important but I can't do anything with.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoy the atmosphere of the game, but its pretty weak in terms of gameplay? The "puzzles" are insanely weak and mostly about dexterity

Bummer to hear, I just started and really like it, but my fear is that later on the precision platforming and enemy/obstacle avoidance could be a turnoff.

Already some of the simple early bubble jumping is a bit of a pain. But there is a lot to like in sussing out the pathing and puzzles outside of that, at least what I've seen.

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
I "finished" the game and got the credits. Overall enjoyed it, especially sequence breaking some areas after discovering some tricks with the tools. Clearly there is more, though I don't think I want to spend more time exploring every little corner of this map looking for stuff? I think the Outer Wilds comparisons set my expectations way too high. I can see some of the similarities but what this game is lacking in my eyes is a reason to explore beyond doing things for the sake of completion. Afaik there is no big story to piece together, no history to uncover.
So should I keep going a little longer? Anything worth seeing after the credits roll?

Jan 13, 2022
Bummer to hear, I just started and really like it, but my fear is that later on the precision platforming and enemy/obstacle avoidance could be a turnoff.

Already some of the simple early bubble jumping is a bit of a pain. But there is a lot to like in sussing out the pathing and puzzles outside of that, at least what I've seen.

It's an extreme minority opinion. Don't worry. There's zero super difficult platforming. Worst is a bit hard.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Got the platinum now, and I'm very happy with the game though I think I'll put a pin here and not go for the deeper stuff. When I reached the first credits scene I had found 30 eggs without any online guidance whatsoever, but trying to find all eggs eventually broke me down and I went for it with a guide.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
I'm completely stumped, I've now backtracked the entire map.

Can someone give me a hunt to get to the area around the green flame?

pants

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just a general tip, you can get to the key area for each flame by following the statues.

I was stuck for a while before I noticed the different areas are telegraphed from the four beacon statues at the base/starting area.

Azuos

Sep 29, 2021
Got the platinum now, and I'm very happy with the game though I think I'll put a pin here and not go for the deeper stuff. When I reached the first credits scene I had found 30 eggs without any online guidance whatsoever, but trying to find all eggs eventually broke me down and I went for it with a guide.
I have 40 eggs, and it's getting sad already. Will try to find ~50 before going for a guide.

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in a room full of skulls and a wheel with facial expressions.

I know that the skulls represents my deaths. How do I reduce the number of skulls so that I can get the chest?

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I'm in a room full of skulls and a wheel with facial expressions.

I know that the skulls represents my deaths. How do I reduce the number of skulls so that I can get the chest?

you can't, you would have to restart a new game, but don't worry i'ts just a cosmetic item, nothing important... As for the wheel, it's for something else

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
I started the game on ps+ a couple of days ago out of curiosity, and even though the first impression was not good, the moment i got the bubble wand i knew i was wrong and the game had amazing potential (the reason being the fact that this exact same tool exists in two other games i played previously and enjoyed a lot: Alwa's Awakening / Legacy).

4 hours later, i have collected 3 flames (M,A,V) and i'm on my way to the fourth.

Props for the Twin Peaks-like vibes of the save room music.