Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
Does this bother anyone else?

latest

They look like they could be brother and sister.

1511624050591.png

And its something I've thought about even when I was a dumb kid.

0732c02782e3d7627052825ae15c78d98da2bb5c_hq.jpg

Ya'll have any other examples of this disturbing phenomena?

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
I know that The Simpsons writers didn't want Milhouse's parents to look alike but then they saw how funny it was.
Same with Kurt doing a Milhouse impersonation. Totally didn't want it but it was too dang funny to pass up.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
OP, haven't you noticed how most couples start looking related after 30/40 years together?

You naturally adapt the patterns, quirks, diet, speech mannerisms, of your partner.

Plus, when you shop at the same place for clothes, etc, you also end up picking up similar styles.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Kirk and Luanna are related, they are cousins. But it is no problem, she is from Shellbyville.

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
Not animated but the protagonist couple in Valerian and the City of Thousand Planets movie look like they could be siblings.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I see this all the time in real life, like people are super attracted to the opposite sex version of themselves.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
a2a9cedb-c7bd-4588-9c96-b51f6a19cc2f.jpg

Bob and Linda from Bob's Burgers look like a sex swapped version of the same person but perhaps that's more to do with the art styles depiction of people in general as chinless pears.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Not in the show, but a Twitter joke about it is the reason she got casted.
twitter.com

Carice van Houten on Twitter

“Me too!! “@MaSchaTheGeek: A thing I'd love to see: @caricevhouten on The Simpsons as a famous relative of Milhouse Van Houten.””

I had to do a double take on your post thinking you had accidentally subbed in the last name of the character for the actress (because I had forgotten that was her name). Pretty cute.

Jul 18, 2018
I see this all the time in real life, like people are super attracted to the opposite sex version of themselves.
Same. At least couples I know that are parents or have been together for a long time. Assortive mating I think it was called and remember reading lots of studies saying it's a very common subconscious selective trait

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Aladdin and Jasmine look like long lost siblings, could be a totally different movie.

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
OP, haven't you noticed how most couples start looking related after 30/40 years together?

You naturally adapt the patterns, quirks, diet, speech mannerisms, of your partner.

Plus, when you shop at the same place for clothes, etc, you also end up picking up similar styles.

Granted, I've only been with my wife for 15 years I doubt this will happen to us. I doubt those nice dresses will look as cute on me as they do on her.

Also I am lily white and she is Chinese-Indonesian