ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
www.whats-on-netflix.com

Netflix To Stream Max Original Series 'Scavengers Reign'

The 12 episode animated series drops on Netflix in the US and the UK on May 31st

Over the past year or so, we've seen Original titles from various Netflix competitors come to Netflix, but May 2024 will mark a new first. A Max Original will be heading to Netflix in the US in the form of the critically acclaimed anime series Scavengers Reign.

You motherfuckers who want more original adult animated IPs that aren't comedies better put your money where your mouth is and watch this when it's in Netflix. Time to put up or shut up.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This show is great. If you love sci-fi and didn't have a Max subscription, really recommend checking it out. It's not a huge time commitment either.

Hopefully it does well on Netflix and gets some more attention.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I already watched the whole series when it debut, and it was a phenomenal science fiction series that is worth a watch.

And I agree. For you chumps who keep whining about wanting more original animated shows that are not sitcoms and tackle mature, extensional themes, well there it stands!

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
If you haven't seen this, walk, do not run to watch it.

Scavengers Reign is good original science fiction that so many people have been asking for.

Last edited:

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I've watched I think 8 of the 12 episodes and enjoyed it. However, if you get high occasionally I'd highly recommend that before you watch it. I enjoyed it a lot more after an edible, because it is one of the weirdest as fuck shows I've ever seen.

I haven't used an edible in a few weeks so I need to finish but I kinda feel like I don't want to watch unless I am high lol

interesting that HBO sold this to Netflix, their "loan library" (for money) is very short, I think stuff like The Batman and DC movies only lasted 6 months or so on Netflix before they were taken out. It'll be interesting to see what happens, I don't get the feeling HBO has any interest at all in smaller scale animated shows like this and I'm not sure Netflix cares that much either.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
The show is really, really good! One of the most imaginative sci-fi worlds I've ever seen on TV. While another season would be great I'm totally fine with how this season ended.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
Anyway, it's a good-to-great show with spectacular worldbuilding and some slightly spotty character work, but ultimately the ride is worth it. A must for sci-fi fans craving something new and fresh.

The Quentulated Mox

Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 10, 2022
best show i saw in 2023. if i rewatch it on netflix it might end up being the best show i see in 2024 too

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Lmao what a coincidence that I'm wearing my Scavengers Reign crew shirt right now. Watch the show y'all. It's excellent and the team behind it busted their butts to make something incredible

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
It has one of the most interesting alien worlds out of any I've ever seen in sci-fi.

It's a must watch.

Ender

"This guy are sick"
Oct 29, 2017
Still not available in any service in my region :(
Really want to watch it

Neobunch

Nov 21, 2017
Absolutely amazing and mesmerizing show.

Though to me it felt less Sci-fi and more XenoBiological Horror.

Gems like this rarely get produced, you owe it to yourself to watch it.

Metal Gear?!

Jun 26, 2020
a96c08159b5f4974f16ebc97fa91c2fe1a1520db.jpg

Protein

Oct 27, 2017
What I'd imagine a real-life hostile alien ecosystem is like. Beautiful, unsettling, disgusting, extremely dangerous, and awe-inspiring.

Some delicious science fiction animation here.

Dec 17, 2022
Such a great show! On one hand… I'm like "Well there goes another original show from Max to a competitor, yet they want to raise the price." On the other hand I'm like "Well deserved, hopefully it'll gain more fans!"

Iced_Eagle

Dec 26, 2017
Great show, story, visuals, and soundtrack. One of the best sci-fi shows in a while because it just focuses so well on the ecosystem of the world and letting you feel immersed in its wonder and horror.

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
Woah this looks great! Had no idea it existed, and I have Max. Looks like I've got a new show to binge. Thanks for the thread OP!

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Oh cool, another excuse to hate on Kamen all over again. 😀

Anyone who missed it the first time around absolutely should indulge. It's quite the masterpiece.

Ganepark32

Nov 21, 2021
Finally! Lost count of how many times I've googled to see whether there's been any further updates for it being available in the UK.

I liked the look of it from the trailers so can't wait to finally sit down and watch it.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The animation and imagination in this show is incredible, sometimes to its detriment because there are situations where your suspension of disbelief gets put to the test. Overall I really did not enjoy the story itself, but everything else was pretty great.