• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Bet it is a teaser

And I wish they stop doing teaser for teasers. Just drop it

Deleted member 1062

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
very much looking forward to seeing this. it's basically the only non MCU sony spider-man thing I'm interested in

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda wish they'd just been hired to do a live action Spidey, or at least the sequel to Homecoming.

Spidey

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Can't wait for this. Lines up with PSX too, don't want to read too much into it but a trailer and footage of playable Miles in the game would be quite the combo.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
By Animated I hope it's not the usual CG animation and character design.

ps. I miss the old 2d cartoon movies :(

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Screenplay by Lord and Miller plus Ramsey directing should be solid at least. The cast is also pretty damn dope so far. I just hope Sony doesn't fuck this up.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They have their own brand of comedy.
It's not universally loved.

A lot of people like it, but yeah

I feel like their track record speaks for them. Cloudy with a chance & Lego movie were both solid. And the Jump Street movies IMO were amazing. So I'm really looking forward to this.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Will this be related to the most recent snimated Spidey show on DisneyXD?

Cream

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They have their own brand of comedy.
It's not universally loved.

A lot of people like it, but yeah
Well they've literally never done a thing that I thought wasn't hilarious and a great movie.

They are the gods at taking an idea that shouldn't work and making it work. They were the only reason peoples cared about the Han Solo movie even a little. I have faith

Oct 27, 2017
I totally forgot this is happening. I hope they don't screw up their Spider-verse films, because Homecoming was surprisingly great.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like their track record speaks for them.
Couldn't impress one woman
giphy.gif

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Great. I expect a lot from this. Spidey, like the FF, is perfect for animation.
Plus I don't really know anything about Miles so this should be a fun introduction with Lord and Miller involved.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't impress one woman

From what I've read the reason they were removed from Han Solo was more of a culture clash/difference in how they approach directing/etc.

Not only that but Lord and Miller's past four movies have been fire.

Meanwhile both Rogue One and Han Solo have suffered similar issues, with executives not feeling the tone/direction of the film is right, and getting reshoots done.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling this is going to go over about as well as the Clone Wars movie.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Great. I expect a lot from this. Spidey, like the FF, is perfect for animation.
Plus I don't really know anything about Miles so this should be a fun introduction with Lord and Miller involved.

This might be nothing like comic book Miles. Don't see his character being a great fit for Lord and Miller's brand of zany humour. But I could be wrong.

Oct 31, 2017
I hope this is the kick off of the Marvel Animated Universe (MAU). We will then have another MAU acronym to confuse people and they could use a lot of the characters that are less popular/higher risk to be used on the big budget live action movies. This would be kind of a AAA league to see if they can make it to the big leagues.

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I am super interested in this. Hoping for something great.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling this is going to go over about as well as the Clone Wars movie.

Wasn't Clone Wars a made for TV film? Plus it was a lead in for a TV show. Lucas liked it so much he decided to bring it to theaters. Why would Animated Spiderman be anything like that :/? I'd expect it to be more similar to Lego Movie in quality than Clone Wars.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Clone Wars a made for TV film? Plus it was a lead in for a TV show. Lucas liked it so much he decided to bring it to theaters. Why would Animated Spiderman be anything like that :/? I'd expect it to be more similar to Lego Movie in quality than Clone Wars.

Oh I didn't mean quality, but audience reception.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616

Yeah I don't think that's a good title whatsoever. Like I've said on the Comics OT:

Animated Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is a mouthful. Also, it does very little to make it stand out and be about Miles. I honestly think that Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man or Miles Morales: Spider-Man (since people have a problem with giving Spidey adjectives since TASM) was the way to go if they wouldn't change his name in the animated version of the film. It links Miles to the Spider-Verse storyline apparently and eh... I don't like that. Spider-Verse is probably my favorite Spider-Man saga. It shows why Earth 616's Spider-Man is THE Spider-Man, and it does that being at same time a love letter to the character and all his past iterations. I really think that would be something cool to see eventually in live action with an already 30 something Tom Holland playing the role and even having Tobey and Andrew around. Hell, bring on Emma Stone as an adult Spider-Woman while you're at it.

I'm not sure what's the angle they are going for the Miles animated film here, but I'm cautiously optimistic about the trailer. Spider-Verse makes me think they are alluding to the whole Spider-Verse thing and... oh well, let's see where this goes. It'll be like the third(?) time that Spider-Verse is sort of adapted from the comics, and I feel like that's treading ground and too much on the "alternate Spider-Man" with several other Spider-Men's angle to something focused on Miles. This fillm has been in production for a while and I trust Lord and Miller though, so let's see what happens.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious to see what they mean by "Into the Spider-Verse" since this is a Miles movie. There are a lot of directions they could go, but we'll find out later today I guess.

Yeah I don't think that's a good title whatsoever. Like I've said on the Comics OT:

Animated Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is a mouthful. Also, it does very little to make it stand out and be about Miles. I honestly think that Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man or Miles Morales: Spider-Man (since people have a problem with giving Spidey adjectives since TASM) was the way to go if they wouldn't change his name in the animated version of the film. It links Miles to the Spider-Verse storyline apparently and eh... I don't like that. Spider-Verse is probably my favorite Spider-Man saga. It shows why Earth 616's Spider-Man is THE Spider-Man, and it does that being at same time a love letter to the character and all his past iterations. I really think that would be something cool to see eventually in live action with an already 30 something Tom Holland playing the role and even having Tobey and Andrew around. Hell, bring on Emma Stone as an adult Spider-Woman while you're at it.

I'm not sure what's the angle they are going for the Miles animated film here, but I'm cautiously optimistic about the trailer. Spider-Verse makes me think they are alluding to the whole Spider-Verse thing and... oh well, let's see where this goes. It'll be like the third(?) time that Spider-Verse is sort of adapted from the comics, and I feel like that's treading ground and too much on the "alternate Spider-Man with several other Spider-Men's angle to something focused on Miles. This fillm has been in production for a while and I trust Lord and Miller though, so let's see what happens.
I don't really agree with you on the title being a mouthfull, especially since people will just call it "Into the Spider-Verse". I like how it abbreviates to ASM as well.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
I'm curious to see what they mean by "Into the Spider-Verse" since this is a Miles movie. There are a lot of directions they could go, but we'll find out later today I guess.

I don't really agree with you on the title being a mouthfull, especially since people will just call it "Into the Spider-Verse". I like how it abbreviates to ASM as well.

I think people will just call it Miles Morales Spider-Man. Like I've said, I'm cautiously optimistic, but I don't really like the title or the premise that this will be about Spider-Verse. I mean, it's not even the first time they did that:

latest

And I'm pretty sure Marvel's Spider-Man is hinting to go there, if it hasn't already.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
I'm cautiously optimistic for this one. I love Spidey (Miles too), I like the team behind this, but Sony running this gig is making me nervous. It's pretty obvious that Homecoming was as good as it was because Marvel had a lot of creative control. We'll see, really hoping for the best!

Spidey

Oct 25, 2017
UK
If the BBFC are anything to go by, the titles of trailers aren't always 100% accurate, Animated Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse reads as the codename followed by the real title. Of course this is coming days after Ghost Spider, so maybe I have a little too much faith.

Edit: Posted it as Spider Ghost, she's my avatar and I can't even get her new name right, God awful.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Lord and Miller hmmmm, I am probably one of only a few that didnt like the Lego Movie, just a couple of smiles here and there, did not laugh at it, compared to the other Lego stuff like lego Star Wars shows and Lego Batman Movie etc go figure.

I did like 21/22 Jump street though, but then they didnt write them.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
If the BBFC are anything to go by, the titles of trailers aren't always 100% accurate, Animated Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse reads as the codename followed by the real title. Of course this is coming days after Ghost Spider, so maybe I have a little too much faith.

Edit: Posted it as Spider Ghost, she's my avatar and I can't even get her new name right, God awfu
l.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WTF?!!!!

This is what they are calling Spider-Gwen in Secret Warriors? Why the fuck not Spider-Woman or Spider-Girl? It's not like Jessica has a book or May will get one anytime soon! I'm sorry that I'm talking of your fave like this but this name is god awful. Incredibly stupid. And no, White Widow isn't better either. I mean, it is better but c'mon! Spider-Girl or Spider-Woman! How can you screw up Spider-Gwen like that? Gah

gallery-1467985352-angry-computer-gif.gif

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WTF?!!!!

This is what they are calling Spider-Gwen in Secret Warriors? Why the fuck not Spider-Woman or Spider-Girl? It's not like Jessica has a book or May will get one anytime soon! I'm sorry that I'm talking of your fave like this but this name is god awful. Incredibly stupid. And no, White Widow isn't better either. I mean, it is better but c'mon! Spider-Girl or Spider-Woman! How can you screw up Spider-Gwen like that? Gah

gallery-1467985352-angry-computer-gif.gif

I would imagine it's the same reason they called Miles Kid Arachnid in the cartoon.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017

This no longer seems like it's a Miles movie :'(

Edit: Posted it as Spider Ghost, she's my avatar and I can't even get her new name right, God awful.

What in the actual fuck? Anybody wanna bet on "Kid Arachnid" being a thing now in this movie?

Spidey

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm wondering if it's a rights issue, it's one thing to have Spider-Gwen on a Marvel TV show but once it becomes a feature film, you're going to be stepping on Sony's toes, especially if she's somehow involved with this movie. Doesn't make it any better but I'm trying my best to wrap my head around the absurdity.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
This no longer seems like it's a Miles movie :'(

What in the actual fuck? Anybody wanna bet on "Kid Arachnid" being a thing now in this movie?
All we have is a title, so I wouldn't say that. The poster/teaser we got is definitely Miles themed.

I'm wondering if it's a rights issue, it's one thing to have Spider-Gwen on a Marvel TV show but once it becomes a feature film, you're going to be stepping on Sony's toes, especially if she's somehow involved with this movie. Doesn't make it any better but I'm trying my best to wrap my head around the absurdity.
I'm sure it's marketing/merchandise related. Spider-Gwen isn't a good name to actually use for the character and they probably want to avoid using existing names like Spider-Girl and Spider-Woman for the line.