Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Attack on Titan (S1)

Holy hell, that was fun! There's still some unresolved mysteries, so I guess I'll be checking out S2 soon.

(I wonder what's in the basement...)

Lockheartilly9799

Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 23, 2017
www.siliconera.com

Revolutionary Girl Utena: After the Revolution Continues the Story in October

See what happened after Revolutionary Girl Utena with the manga continuation Utena: After the Revolution on October 6, 2020.

didn't realize this was a thing.
I just read it and as an Utena superfan who loves, loves, loves it, I will tell you that it's good from beginning to almost end. The very end is super damn basic and advances absolutely nothing to the point where it made me feel like this shouldn't have been made.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Ikebukuro West Gate Park - 01

My highlight of the season so far. To be fair Fall 2020 is stacked this year, but of the new stuff (as in no sequels) this has stood out. Really dig organized crime shows, and this being something around that.

IWGP Episode 1:

Where the fuck did this outmoded 1980s Drug PSA hell propaganda piece come from? Just fucking awful.
From the little research I did this is based on a show from the 2000s. Keep in mind anime is for kids/teens as well, promoting drug usage specially in a Japan is a big no-no. To be fair drugs are bad so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Ikebukuro West Gate Park - 01

My highlight of the season so far. To be fair Fall 2020 is stacked this year, but of the new stuff (as in no sequels) this has stood out. Really dig organized crime shows, and this being something around that.

From the little research I did this is based on a show from the 2000s. Keep in mind anime is for kids/teens as well, promoting drug usage specially in a Japan is a big no-no. To be fair drugs are bad so 🤷🏻‍♂️

IGWP seems to have the same ideas about drugs that dotted the kids cartoon landscape in the 1980s and 1990s.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
What's the chance that Crunchyroll announces a season 2 of Tower of God?

I quite enjoyed it. Did it do well for them?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
What's the chance that Crunchyroll announces a season 2 of Tower of God?

I quite enjoyed it. Did it do well for them?

It seems to have done well considering the amount of buzz it has gotten. Question is more so does Naver/Webtoons want to do a second season.

If it does get announced I am guessing it will be after the current slate of Webtoon adaptations finish with Nobleese being the last one announced and is this season.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
So is the Made in Abyss movie worth forking over the $20 to stream it? Finished watching the first season on Amazon Prime last week. Really enjoyed it. Music was excellent. But $20 for a stream rental seems like a lot. I've been hesitant in paying that much for blockbuster movies that have been popping on online due to Covid.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
So is the Made in Abyss movie worth forking over the $20 to stream it? Finished watching the first season on Amazon Prime last week. Really enjoyed it. Music was excellent. But $20 for a stream rental seems like a lot. I've been hesitant in paying that much for blockbuster movies that have been popping on online due to Covid.
no

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Darling in Franxs 18

Given how immature the show can be at the best of times, they handled ikunos arc here better than i thought they would.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
It seems to have done well considering the amount of buzz it has gotten. Question is more so does Naver/Webtoons want to do a second season.

If it does get announced I am guessing it will be after the current slate of Webtoon adaptations finish with Nobleese being the last one announced and is this season.

Yea I hope so because out of the 2 webtoon adaptations I enjoyed Tower of God a lot more. So hopefully they do come out with another season.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Hi Score Girl - Final Episode
What a lame ending.
Imagine having Ross chasing after Rachel and not knowing if they ended up being together or not.
Oregairu - Lame ending II despite a solid season.

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I missed the Log Horizon 3 PV1

Animation looks janky as usual but who cares gimme that sweet politicking

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
IWGP 1

What is this thinly veiled 1980s drug PSA? Where does Nancy Reagan show up asking us to just say no? Yeah dropping this.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Wandering Witch 1
Already pretty fun even before the adventuring starts. Was not prepared for the jump from chores to death match.

Moriarty the Patriot 1
Not what I thought a "crime consultant" was going to mean lol

Always up for a detective show and this seems to have a solid spin on it.

OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
IWGP novels started in '98 so unsurprised it's a little backwards about things.

Feb 12, 2019
To clarify, I mentioned in the last thread that Code Geass is definitely a guilty pleasure series for me, so I'm definitely coming in from that angle. Like, everyone in that series makes spectacularly dumb choices at one point or another; Suzaku is just the king of dumb.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Is it bad that I watched the movie but remember next to nothing about it? I think he absorbed the blow of a nuke or something on a school trip
The movie takes place after the current season anyways so you're fine. It would probably be better to watch this season and then go watch the movie.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
What in god's name have you people sold me.
I don't think I was involved in selling you on anything but....
from my mal
YapeuHk.png

zDZZnKJ.png

:P

I won't deny there is a lot of stupid in the series, but 99% of the stupid puts a smile on my face. It's just the right amount of stupid for me lol.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I was involved in selling you on anything but....
from my mal
YapeuHk.png

zDZZnKJ.png

:P

I won't deny there is a lot of stupid in the series, but 99% of the stupid puts a smile on my face. It's just the right amount of stupid for me lol.
Yeah, it's smart stupid imo. They only ever do something dumb when it would be way more entertaining than the alternative, and it moves at such an enjoyably brisk pace.

I also have Code Geass at 10/10 for both seasons because it's arguably the most entertaining thing I've ever seen. It helps that the supporting cast is absurdly memorable despite its huge size, and that the soundtrack is absolutely god-tier.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's smart stupid imo. They only ever do something stupid when it would be way more entertaining than the alternative. I also have Code Geass at 10/10 for both seasons because it's arguably the most entertaining thing I've ever seen. It helps that the supporting cast is somehow absurdly memorable despite how huge it is, and that the soundtrack is absolutely god-tier.
Yup. I find the series incredibly entertaining.... which is pretty much the most important factor when I rate something.

and this isn't even old memories being fuzzy I rewatched it like last year or the year before with a friend and still enjoyed it a ton. There are def some issues, but I can easily overlook them because of how fun the series is.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Yup. I find the series incredibly entertaining.... which is pretty much the most important factor when I rate something.

and this isn't even old memories being fuzzy I rewatched it like last year or the year before with a friend and still enjoyed it a ton. There are def some issues, but I can easily overlook them because of how fun the series is.
Yeah, I've seen it through like 3 or 4 times at this point. Also, SolidSnakeBoy is on episode 6, which is everyone chasing around the cat, so that explains the 'what on Earth have y'all sold me' comment :P It also has the awesome funeral speech from the Emperor at the end though!

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I also have both seasons at 10/10 lol. Haven't re-watched it since it aired, and still need the water the movies and Akito stuff. I remember having a fun time with it, despite not liking Rolo in R2. I found him annoying.

I looooove the CLAMP art for it, as seen in the END theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.