• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
telepath 12 bonavu they finally got me saying it

this show has been subtle in it's gayness with nods towards it but oh boy did they go all out here even if it was still bait in the end in my eyes they got together !

this was just a pleasing to look at CGDCT that happened to actually be a bit of a drama as a whole it wasn't anything ground breaking but it thought it was overall well done compared to most CGDCT where zero major struggles happen with the characters themselves character development !

dark gathering 25
repeating my thoughts
what a wild ride this has been who knew crazy ghost pokemon could go so hard and be so messed up outside of the Tunnel and dorm arc haunting me with how fucked up they were this show had the right level of fun and spooks but boy did it go off the rails on how crazy it really wanted to go not to mention one of the main characters also being a blend of cute fun and pure obsession crazy-ness we've been blessed or cursed with Eiko
8/10 would feel better giving this a 8 if it wasn't for how low quality the animation looked at times which i would normally give this a pass on but this show ended up being far more action heavy than i thought

also its that time of year again merry xmas
View: https://i.imgur.com/TRRgMUV.jpg

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Stardust Telepath 12 END
I guess it was the fever talking but glad to see Umika be bold lol. Matataki has a soft spot for Umika's sister awwww. Yu swallowing whole galaxies like she's Kirby. Cute episode.

Big surprise this show was. Was expecting a standard slice of life, the drama caught me off guard, and it was pretty good about it.

Ron Kamanohashi's Forbidden Deductions 13 END
"Here it comes!" Oh, is Toto finally going to intervene?
*Toto waits until he's at the edge of the cliff*
SIGHHHH

Ngl, this was one of the biggest disappointments for me this season. Needed something to scratch that mystery itch but the cases were either too extremely obvious or too outlandish to even try to predict. That's not even getting into Ron's "kill yourself" disease. I thought it was dumb as hell from the start but Toto always just standing there and waiting for them to put their life in danger instead of preventing it immediately was always so infuriating. Of course this is getting a second season, probably not watching it.

Migi & Dali 13 END
"An angel's droppings" wtf lmaoo. I love their parents so much, they're so sweet. So cute of them finding out about the twins because of Dali's favorite food.

Dali saying "baka Migi" will always live rent free in my head. Can't believe it's the same voice as Hinata from Haikyu. Maruta's glow up is crazy.

Thank you for scratching the mystery itch that Ron couldn't 🙏. These last episodes have been insane. Buuuut, there was always this weirdness about the show that made me uncomfortable: The baby stuff, that one jiggling butt scene, everything surrounding Sali. When you realize that Dali kissed his brother... nah. The finale was great tho, that tribute to Nami Sano was a lovely touch.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Fall 2023 recap:

The best: Frieren, The Apothecary Diaries, Pluto, The Yuzuki Family's Four Sons, Jujutsu Kaisen, Attack on Titan

Damn good: The Ancient Magus' Bride, Spy x Family, Shangri-La Frontier, My New Boss is Goofy, I'm in Love with the Villainess, Shy, Undead Unluck

Okay, I guess: Migi & Dali, Stardust Telepath, Tearmoon Empire, I shall Survive Using Potions, Overtake, Crash Course in Naughtiness

Mid: 16-Bit Sensation, Ron Kamonohashi's Forbidden Deductions, 100 Girlfriends, Kimizero, Protocol: Rain

TRASH: Butareba, Girlfriend Girlfriend, The Family Circumstances of the Irregular Witch

Best OP: Nemurasareta Lineage from The Ancient Magus' Bride or Hana ni Natte from The Apothecary Diaries (I couldn't decide)
Best ED: Anytime, Anywhere from Frieren

This season holy moly. Disappointing lack of romcoms, but kinda fine since every other genre popped off. Shy should be in the "okay" tier, but idk. Besides Yuzuki Family and Frieren, that got the most emotion out of me so I can't put it lower. 100 GFs should be in trash, but fuck me if that wasn't the funniest show this season.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Fall 2023 recap:

The best: Frieren, The Apothecary Diaries, Pluto, The Yuzuki Family's Four Sons, Jujutsu Kaisen, Attack on Titan

Damn good: The Ancient Magus' Bride, Spy x Family, Shangri-La Frontier, My New Boss is Goofy, I'm in Love with the Villainess, Shy, Undead Unluck

Okay, I guess: Migi & Dali, Stardust Telepath, Tearmoon Empire, I shall Survive Using Potions, Overtake, Crash Course in Naughtiness

Mid: 16-Bit Sensation, Ron Kamonohashi's Forbidden Deductions, 100 Girlfriends, Kimizero, Protocol: Rain

TRASH: Butareba, Girlfriend Girlfriend, The Family Circumstances of the Irregular Witch

Best OP: Nemurasareta Lineage from The Ancient Magus' Bride or Hana ni Natte from The Apothecary Diaries (I couldn't decide)
Best ED: Anytime, Anywhere from Frieren

This season holy moly. Disappointing lack of romcoms, but kinda fine since every other genre popped off. Shy should be in the "okay" tier, but idk. Besides Yuzuki Family and Frieren, that got the most emotion out of me so I can't put it lower. 100 GFs should be in trash, but fuck me if that wasn't the funniest show this season.
poor Scott Pilgrim :P

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if there's an anime I've thought about as much in the last year as I have about Sonny Boy. Something about that show just hit me right.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Scavengers Reign is the best anime of 2023. You really can make a show about exploring a nightmare environment without dodgy authors.

Migi & Dali - 13
That was a surprisingly cute final. (But why bring that weird Sali thing up again? <.<)
Overall I can't really say if I liked the show. It was so weird and crazy and the Micchan ghost seemed so random as well. I mostly stuck with it out of some morbid curiosity, where all this bag of crazy is meant to land.

Ron Deductions - 13
Ooof, I had already forgotten about the stupid half-blood thing. <.<
Ngl, this was one of the biggest disappointments for me this season. Needed something to scratch that mystery itch but the cases were either too extremely obvious or too outlandish to even try to predict. That's not even getting into Ron's "kill yourself" disease. I thought it was dumb as hell from the start but Toto always just standing there and waiting for them to put their life in danger instead of preventing it immediately was always so infuriating. Of course this is getting a second season, probably not watching it.
That's pretty much where I stand at as well. The Code Geass twist was more annoying than cool, the cases wild in a bad way and on top all those characters with their weird traits were quite exhausting.
I thought of dropping it every now and then yet pulled through. If it's a slow season, I might give S2 a chance, but not really feeling it.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Nier 7-8
Super surprised by how good this adaption is after the mediocre P4G and P5 anime adapations (i didn't really follow the P5 one to be fair) from A1, though I assume of course the staffing was probably wildly different. Having a great time. Pity the production problems probably sunk it as it came out, but I hear S2 is confirmed right?

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
That's pretty much where I stand at as well. The Code Geass twist was more annoying than cool, the cases wild in a bad way and on top all those characters with their weird traits were quite exhausting.
I thought of dropping it every now and then yet pulled through. If it's a slow season, I might give S2 a chance, but not really feeling it.
There really were some annoyingly quirky characters, huh

The whole manga is available on Mangaplus but I have zero desire to read it.

Nier 7-8
Super surprised by how good this adaption is after the mediocre P4G and P5 anime adapations (i didn't really follow the P5 one to be fair) from A1, though I assume of course the staffing was probably wildly different. Having a great time. Pity the production problems probably sunk it as it came out, but I hear S2 is confirmed right?
Yup, already confirmed

It was supposed to be 24 episodes straight until the delays.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Wandering Witch 04
I said this about the last episode but this shit is dark. Elaina and Mirarosé's snarky dialogue between each other was great tho. Mirarosé absolutely brutalizing this monster was satisfying... until you realize how crazy she is lol

I really appreciate Elaina just living for herself and not getting wrapped up in other people's shit if she has no desire to. Having a selfish protagonist is kinda refreshing.

Wandering Witch 05
Finally a happy episode. Wouldn't have minded another episode in this country. Was great seeing Fran again. That chase scene was great.

Oooh, that tidbit about her mom. Elaina won't be happy to learn that (or maybe she will, idk).

I like the world building in this one, though I guess that's kinda the point of this series. Fran better be getting royalties for that book, tf

Wandering Witch 06
Yesss, Saya's back! And she's just as down bad as before. The guards screaming in agony in the background when Saya's fighting them is giving me life lol

Cute ending. Ship ship ship

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Pv for the ojisan/obasan became young show doesn't look very good imho, but who can say for sure. I liked the manga well enough

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Stardust Yuri episode 12

Foreheadpathy means yuri kisses. Umika wants Akeuchi to be her only one.
And their yuri is so powerful, it can light up lighthouses.
Akeuchi is Kirby.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Wandering Witch 07
Screen_Shot_2020-04-28_at_12.21.48_PM.jpg

Funniest episode but also the worst so far. What a weird tone shift.

Wandering Witch 08
There it is, the inevitable Yoko Hikasa appearance lol. I need to find out who voiced the doll lady because holy shit that was a great performance.

Elaina was hilarious this episode. "You cut off my hair, it's the death penalty for you!" 🤣

Lmaoo Saya in the ending, don't touch her wife

Wandering Witch 09
Ummmmm, holy fucking shit.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTwBPl68mFc

New Uma Musume movie (Uma Musume: Pretty Derby - Beginning of a new Era) announced at their end of the year livestream . Animated by Cygames Pictures, so hopefully we should expect the same level of animation as in Road to the Top. Key Yamamoto is listed as the director.

Focuses on Jungle Pocket, Manhattan Cafe, and Agnes Tachyon, who IRL debuted just a couple of years after the Road to the Top cast. But who knows how the timeline even works in the show anymore.

Hopefully someone picks it up in the west.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
I wanted more CygamesPictures Uma but didn't expect a movie and this soon. Not sure if it's ever gonna leave Japan unless it's on streaming but actually seeing this in the cinema would be pretty hype. This is the kind of movie that I wouldn't mind people cheering.

Also, first CygamesPictures movie? This is going to look insane.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Kaguya Love Is War Season 3

So I knew I hadn't finished this, I thought I watched more than I did but everything after episode 2 was new. I already knew most of what happened due to internet osmosis, but that didn't diminish my enjoyment. I do enjoy the fact that despite the insane theatrics and sharing a deep first kiss, both characters are still dumbfounded over the fact neither actually confessed their love verbally. Will check out the "movie" (ie the broken into 4 episodes version) later this week.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
Uma Musume S3 Finish
A bit of a weaker season than the last one since Kitasan Black was so dominant in her career that they had to gloss over some of her victories here, but overall still very good.

There was a lot of angst and existential dread near the finale as Kita comes to terms with her loss of competitive edge as her body has past her physical peak towards the end of her career which was interesting, but also kinda weird since presumably all of the horse girls race in the "dream league" AKA the game after their main story is done.

I did like this little moment of Chevel Grand getting surprised and embarassed during post-victory idol show, especially after her whole monologue in the previous episode.

View: https://twitter.com/avislazuli/status/1740139706736861486

Excited for the movie since they did a really good job with Road to the Top.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
On my random watching before the new season I thought I would give a whirl to HIDIVE and I picked Mysterious Girlfriend X…

Mysterious Girlfriend X END

What a weird premise. Every time people poked their fingers into someone's mouth or swapped saliva with someone else on their fingers I couldn't help but go "you are all going to get sick". Plus it honestly felt like I was just watching someone's fetish with drool. And with all the alien imagery I thought for sure there would be an explanation behind the dreams and the weird emotion sharing that happens when you literally swap spit… but nope just drool fetish and in the end they at least hugged and swapped spit (again on their fingers) in front of his late mom (at least there was some self awareness and they mentioned that being weird to do at that monent).

There's just no payoff on the mysterious parts. So it was ok I guess?

Edit: I need to do more research before picking up my next one.

Last edited:

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Oshi No Ko 1

So I already read this in the manga, but having it be a "film" really fixed the funky pacing issues the beginning of the series had. The cynicism of the entertainment industry, along with the tragedy of Ai's death are really elevated in this. I'm pretty sure the anime covers more then I originally read in the manga, but I'm excited to see more of this messed up world.

OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Next tease for the Discotek event in 2 weeks

View: https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1740094484829147583?s=19
This is totally either Xabungle

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tpoIiK8gk8c

Or Bismarck(the original Japanese version of Star Riders which they released last year)

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OnmFc67IxiQ

I'm hoping for Xabungle. The SD on BR is 4 years out of print, Hidive lost the license and it just got a Blu-ray remaster in Japan

xabungle had a release a few years from sentai i think but OOP now and license probably expired so idk

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
xabungle had a release a few years from sentai i think but OOP now and license probably expired so idk
I mentioned that, it was actually Maiden Japan(possibly in conjunction with Hidive) and it was a SD on BR. Hidive had the streaming rights but they expired at the end of last year(I should know I was 8 episodes in when it happened DX)

Also a new Blu-ray remaster released in Japan recently so that'd be on the table for the first time

Last edited:

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Wandering Witch 10
No Elaina this time? I guess she needed a break after episode 9 too lol

The most obvious plot twist ever. Might as well have told us that Elaina's mom was Niké on episode 1.

I liked this episode, Hikasa voicing a sukeban is something that I didn't know that I needed

Shirobako 01
A MAPPA documentary.
That cut from them in high school to Aoi as an adult was abrupt but perfect lol

I thought the Initial D sequence at the beginning was unnecessary but seeing how much she has to drive around, it was perfect.

16-Bit Sensation 13 END
I honestly don't even know what I expected from this show, but it certainly wasn't this

Last episode was mostly decent, at least

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
😭😭😭 the current senpais leaving i'm just happy we continue to get more euphonium funny they hardly look any older despite being 3rd years now.

wesensday wrap up

uma S3 finale

great finale episode some people wont love this season if they weren't the biggest fan of the characters but i love em all each season has now showcased very different themes with ya know the end goals are still them wanting to win cygames has nailed it again with putting two of the best sports animes out in one year (not like there was a ton but still)

despite how sad it might be it was overall pretty positive also holy crap no wonder they cut most of the idol stuff it was all saved for the big end!

do wish we got a bit longer of a epilogue and i'm still not a fan of the OG's purely being support roles while gold ship did get a bit of spotlight

super excited for the next movie it looks visually even better than everything else they've done

16 bit finale
this started off pretty neat for the 90s nostalgia bait and we dont get a lot of video game making animes , but boy did it jump the shark at some point near the end with the crazy amount of wild turns into i have no clue what the fuck is going on and how this is going to end with that said i have to say it ended quite nicely? , think the best thing to do was to not try and explain all the echo stuff in a rushed mess and go for this kind of ending
nothing perfect but a neat little show
justice for Touya she needed more screentime !

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
😭😭😭 the current senpais leaving i'm just happy we continue to get more euphonium funny they hardly look any older despite being 3rd years now.
Yeah, Kumiko doesn't look much older.

Honestly, I vastly prefer Futoshi Nishiya's (may he rest in peace) designs. I'm glad he challenged Yamada to not be so moe driven.

Last edited:

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Shikimori 1-2

A) this adaption is kind of mid despite having super high production values and reconfiguring the gag comic into a proper narrative. I actively think it might be less funny than the manga even if it's a more 'traditional' anime narrative. Like, the timing of gags is just kind of meh

B) the people complaining about it in the crunchyroll comments are weak and will not survive the winter

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
16 bit 1-2
I just started the series and thought it was cute?Didn't expect time traveling as I didn't follow any pre-release material. It's nice to learn some parts of game production in the 90s.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
16bit Sensation 13
Absolutely my anime of the season. It's been awhile since the last otaku oriented anime. I'm so happy this exists and it was such a fun watch. Each episode had it's own hook and interesting premise (lol Connect, lol Fate). It doesn't matter if you're a fan of 90s hentai and/or VNs, there's great stuff about making them in that time period and the camaraderie. I would love the manga to get an official translation as it's so much different than the anime.

Were there better anime this season? Sure. Was I most entertained by this anime? Most definitely.

Migi and Dali 13
I would not have watched this if it wasn't for Sakamoto Desu ga. I enjoyed it so much that I was willing to give Sano's next work a try, whatever genre it was, no questions asked. This story went places. I'm glad the first 3/5 of the story was still very comedic, but the shift to a much more serious and WTF tone was done very well. Awesome, emotional, well-deserved ending. Dat final message.......

RIP Sano Nami

Also, this was on purpose right?
YviqaVz.jpg

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Wandering Witch 11
Alright, Saya, I've defended your love for Elaina before, but maybe you can tone it down a bit. The window lick caught me off guard 🤣
She needs help but goddamn her actress makes me like her too much, Tomoyo Kurosawa is too good

The less of Saya's sister, the better. Elaina finally found out the twist... or she didn't? Her reasoning for ignoring it is good enough, keep up the Wandering, pls.

Wandering Witch 12 END
Into the Elainaverse. I always love episodes like this because it shows off how varied the VA is. Kaede Hondo went OFF this episode.

Kinda took a while for my dumb self to realize this, but this is a more episodic show similar to Cowboy Bebop or Space Dandy, hence the insane shifts in tone between episodes. Some episodes like 7 or 8 were funny, some were wholesome like 10 and episode 9 was... episode 9.

Fuuuuck, I want more of this. This series was great. You can't end like that and not give me an update after 3 years. I guess I should dive into the manga, or... the light novels 😰. Elaina is a cool protagonist, love her. We need more selfish protagonists, but the Crunchyroll comments absolutely despise her lmaoo

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
SilentStorm Mekanos Mewzard Birdie and hopefully I'm not forgetting any of other main interested folks/fans(tho I could've thrown this in the other trailer thread but oh well)
Sweet, new Kinnikuman trailer with VA confirmation for Muscle! Also Prince Kamehame training arc flashbacks confirmed. Still no season

Honestly, if they're using flashbacks to fill in the gaps for newcomers, that's not a bad way to do it while avoiding all the issues of the original run that would be hard to smooth over even with a full remake

Oh hah og Kinnikuman is now Kamehame and Suguru's dad XD. That's perfect. He was also Ryo in City Hunter for those unfamiliar with the old Kinnikuman show.

Last edited:

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Kaguya The First Kiss Never Ends

This felt like the biggest stretch of "let's turn an arc into a film" I've seen. I enjoyed it, but this felt less like a film and more like one of those made for Disney TV films where a bunch of episodes are duct taped together. It was bizarre to have the Ishigami-Tsubame-Iino sub plot just dropped in the finale after the build up to their Christmas Party.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Kaguya The First Kiss Never Ends

This felt like the biggest stretch of "let's turn an arc into a film" I've seen. I enjoyed it, but this felt less like a film and more like one of those made for Disney TV films where a bunch of episodes are duct taped together. It was bizarre to have the Ishigami-Tsubame-Iino sub plot just dropped in the finale after the build up to their Christmas Party.
It was even more awkward in the theater.

They played those little eyecathers in-between chapters, so it really did feel like a bunch of episodes duct taped together.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I keep forgetting I haven't watched the Kaguya "movie", and that is not cute

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
SilentStorm Mekanos Mewzard Birdie and hopefully I'm not forgetting any of other main interested folks/fans(tho I could've thrown this in the other trailer thread but oh well)
Sweet, new Kinnikuman trailer with VA confirmation for Muscle! Also Prince Kamehame training arc flashbacks confirmed. Still no season

Honestly, if they're using flashbacks to fill in the gaps for newcomers, that's not a bad way to do it while avoiding all the issues of the original run that would be hard to smooth over even with a full remake

Oh hah og Kinnikuman is now Kamehame and Suguru's dad XD. That's perfect. He was also Ryo in City Hunter for those unfamiliar with the old Kinnikuman show.

I love how the PV ends with Suguru announcing he's going to do one of the 48 Finishing Moves...also, PRINCE KAMEHAME!

Love the guy, he was a great master in the classic run and in 2011 Flashbacks he continues to be awesome as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.