Status
Not open for further replies.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I think I may start Squid Girl this weekend. Or get back to school rumble. Maybe something from my mecha collection but undecided there. If anyone wants to chime in here's what I haven't watched on the mecha side
image0.jpg

(I've got both parts of escaflowne)

Big O might just be the most entertaining series in that list.

It is also EASILY the stupidest.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
Spider - 21

The only part of this episode that I liked was the blonde dude making it clear that Shun and his party have absolutely no reason to help out the elves. Too bad Shun's too much of a generic idealist to actually listen to him.

The rest was just kind of boring. At least the last human-centric episode tried to do something interesting story-wise. This just felt like a lot of frankly unnecessary setup. Except that this setup isn't even leading anywhere interesting because none of the characters (and their internal conflicts) work for me in the slightest.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Shadows House 9
The first half of the episode with all the saves and teamwork was great. Sadly the second half didn't exist because the episode ended. The reveal of what is going on with Edward is far darker than I expected and also came with another wild surprise that creeped me out. That laugh at the end from the head really has me curious/worried at what will come next week for Kate and Emilico as everyone seems to be gunning for them to fail.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Iruma-Kun Season 2, EP 8

Another great episode
I will miss "Evil" Iruma though, but I like normal Iruma too, he isn't grating like other similar characters are so thats a plus for me, and they perfectly captured him sitting in the throne thing , I loved it.

Oct 27, 2017
Iruma S2E8

I am going to miss you Chadruma. I really loved how different yet similiar the two were. This episode highlighted just how good of a guy he is no matter how different his personality is. I wish other shonen anime/manga would take some notes on how to do a character that is actually a good guy but not boring. Hopefully his evil personality shows up again as it was really cool.

The throne scene was really cool and actually made me buy into him becoming the demon lord some day.
This anime continues to be awesome.

Do not bring this evil into the world. DO. NOT.
Sorry haha

Might happen now. The worst always happen whenever someone thinks the worst.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
MHA S5 11
Mineta aside, another solid episode. The first half was highly effective and leaned heavily on some of the early themes in the series while Deku wrestles with his new found power. That said, I am very excited for the next arc in the series and it shows an actual improvement in overall quality, as least as the source material is concerned.
I liked JT in the manga but I have to agree, for me the next arc and the others following are an increase of quality in both writing and art.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Vivy 11
Another week, another episode that felt like it was only five minutes long. This makes more sense as to why things went to shit and it may not necessarily be because of the song itself, but the culmination of Vivy's existence in this timeline. Lots of surprises here and that preview at the end makes me worried about how the series itself will wrap up, even if there exists a potential out offered here.

Side note:
I wonder why it the idea of rerunning the process was brought up with this new information, at least from the point before meeting with the doctor as a kid. Maybe because it is only one way, there might be some overwriting of an older Vivy or some other limitation on doing the process multiple times? I guess good news is they didn't run the whole bit about them trying this loop tons of time and this is the only one...that we know of.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
86 9

Cool fight scene plus emotional catharsis. Good build up to this overall.
So the remaining squad didn't die, but they're exiting the story for now, and assuming Lena somehow doesn't get court martialed she's going to get a new batch of suckers to command. Guess we'll see how she handles things now that she has some actual experience.

Shadows House 9

Aw they're all friends, how cute. Episodes are still too short. As is Emilico's time, as predictably she wasted too much time talking when she needed to move. Also some more sinister stuff going on with the heads, but that was to be expected.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
I think I may start Squid Girl this weekend. Or get back to school rumble. Maybe something from my mecha collection but undecided there. If anyone wants to chime in here's what I haven't watched on the mecha side
image0.jpg

(I've got both parts of escaflowne)
You can watch Dunbine if you want to end up becoming sad and depressed.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ladies and Gentlemen.

夢芽のヒーロー

SASUGA TRIGGER

Also, Dynazenon's finally going full circle.
iQJu7p4.jpg

Does that mean you also didn't know 2nd is the little hobo girl?

Yeah saw that's pretty awesome
You can watch Dunbine if you want to end up becoming sad and depressed.
I've heard most of Tomino's non Gundam works tend to have super unhappy endings. Grabbed it cause I was curious to see one of his non Gundam shows and I know it was one of the first post '79. gundam. Plus Dunbine fire rocks. Also it was on a really good sale

Last edited:

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
86 - Eighty Six 9
This obviously isn't some perfect series or whatever but can I just say that the entire setup of showing the story from two different perspectives and so very often NOT showing the other side visually, but just through audio is fucking great?
Like, it's just so very well done, I absolutely jive with that decision.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah saw that's pretty awesome

I've heard most of Tomino's non Gundam works tend to have super unhappy endings. Grabbed it cause I was curious to see one of his non Gundam shows and I know it was one of the first post gundam. Plus Dunbine fire rocks
Actually that's not really true. Out of all his non-Gundam endings, I can only think of 3 that are actually depressing: Dunbine, Zambot 3 and Ideon. Zambot 3 in particular is just pain and suffering for the entire show.

Xabungle, L-Gaim, Daitarn 3, Brain Powerd, King Gainer all have relatively good and/or funny endings.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
86 - 9

That was awesome. Absolutely loved the shot of the 5 of them against the legion swarm firing into the air. Nice to see Lena leveled up a bit too. I was getting tired of her getting shocked and making the (⊙_⊙) face every episode so I loved her using Annettes story against her to get help for her team. Despite the story being all over the place at times, the audio and visuals have delivered consistently.

This felt like a season finale so I dont know what else to expect for the next few episodes to cap off this cour. Not sure where the story is going from here on.

Shadows House 9

This episode felt like it was 5 minutes long. I wish we got to see more of Shirley and Rum. Kate's rescue was the most Emilico thing as well. No matter how badly Edward has tried to rig this against them, Emilico is going to overcome it. Love how the mystery of the shadows continue to deepen with this episodes revelations as well.

Oct 27, 2017
Vivy 11

Damn so it was the archive all along. I gotta rewatch this series once it ends because god damn. When I think about it, it makes too much sense.

It was the closest thing to Vivy and we all saw how messed up her life has been. She pretty much saved the world and yet she was stuck in a "jail" as a thing that humans would look at. Sometime during those 100 years it became sentient and humanity was on their way to destruction. I think the key to fixing this is making sure the AI is never used as workers for humans. Sure they got rights but even in the end they were still there to service humans. The archive realized it and wanted to change this.

First loop was probably the same thing but with less Diva involvement. Maybe I am wrong...

The episode itself was pretty cool. I did want to see more of the war that started in the first episode. It looked really crazy so to see it happen but with the Vivy we knew and went on a journey with is a really cool twist on it rather than a straight flashback. It was also kinda funny in a dark way. Seeing that guy get run over only for the taxi to thank him was really damn chilling but funny. The humor in this series is pretty damn good.

I wish the episodes didn't feel so damn short...

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vivy 11

Damn so it was the archive all along. I gotta rewatch this series once it ends because god damn. When I think about it, it makes too much sense.

It was the closest thing to Vivy and we all saw how messed up her life has been. She pretty much saved the world and yet she was stuck in a "jail" as a thing that humans would look at. Sometime during those 100 years it became sentient and humanity was on their way to destruction. I think the key to fixing this is making sure the AI is never used as workers for humans. Sure they got rights but even in the end they were still there to service humans. The archive realized it and wanted to change this.

First loop was probably the same thing but with less Diva involvement. Maybe I am wrong...

The episode itself was pretty cool. I did want to see more of the war that started in the first episode. It looked really crazy so to see it happen but with the Vivy we knew and went on a journey with is a really cool twist on it rather than a straight flashback. It was also kinda funny in a dark way. Seeing that guy get run over only for the taxi to thank him was really damn chilling but funny. The humor in this series is pretty damn good.

I wish the episodes didn't feel so damn short...
yup wonder how its gunna rap up, but also I was expecting judgement day from episode one. its basically termanator x miku, judgment day was inevitable, but it has dark humor termanator never had.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Actually that's not really true. Out of all his non-Gundam endings, I can only think of 3 that are actually depressing: Dunbine, Zambot 3 and Ideon. Zambot 3 in particular is just pain and suffering for the entire show.

Xabungle, L-Gaim, Daitarn 3, Brain Powerd, King Gainer all have relatively good and/or funny endings.
Ah ok, that makes more sense as those first 3 are the only ones I saw mentioned as his. That's why I thought that was most of his shows mixed with Gundam of course XD. L-Gaim has a great theme for sure(thanks super robot spirits).

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
86- 09
Loved that they made Lena seem way more emotionally manipulative of Annette's feelings here compared to the LN, because Annette deserves it. Also the scene of young Lena slapping Rei in synch with the dud rounds impacting the Dinosauria was a nice addition too.

Oct 27, 2017
yup wonder how its gunna rap up, but also I was expecting judgement day from episode one. its basically termanator x miku, judgment day was inevitable, but it has dark humor termanator never had.
I almost want it to not end as I am enjoying it too much but the length is going to be good for this anime. I can't see them stretching it more than this and it is looking like it will wrap up really well.

I am really glad WIT skipped animating Attack on Titan final season. We got this instead and I am really happy with it.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
300 years slimes episode 2 English dub

There's a sound effect missing when
Falfa is introduced, calls Azusa mama and Azusa goes white. There's supposed to a sound effect when she turns white, but instead there's nothing and there's a few seconds of silence.
It makes the scene weird.

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
Dynazenon 10

How do you follow up last week's episode with an even better one like it's nothing. Its not fair how good this series is wrapping up so far, top 3 episode of the year.

Oct 27, 2017
86 - EP8+9

That was great. Lena finally realized that there is no way she will change their minds and decided to finally do something that will help. That scene she manipulated Annette into helping her was really satisfying. I hope she continues to play dirty as that's the only way to save the 86 she is responsible for. Hopefully she follows the squad (really awesome twist that they just decided to leave) after a while because this country made it's bed and it is too late to change what has been done. The people trying to fix it should just find a way to get out before they are destroyed along with it.

This anime is a hit or miss for me but if this is the direction from here on out I will enjoy it way more. I am glad I stuck with it.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The people trying to fix it should just find a way to get out before they are destroyed along with it.
That's the thing though, there's nowhere to run to with the Legion surrounding them. Lena's only hope is that Shin's march deep into the eastern front finds someone who can help like he mentioned last episode. Otherwise she's stuck in that rotting corpse of a country until she dies.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Lena got Annette so fuckin good after what happened last week goddamn.

Thunderbolt Fantasy
There's no way they end the Sacred Swords storyline with the amount of episodes left right? Shang should have just left the scroll with the dude and made it a loop. He's disappearing to his own planet anyways

I'm really looking forward to people's reactions about how 86 continues in the future XD
Good or bad?

Oct 27, 2017
That's the thing though, there's nowhere to run to with the Legion surrounding them. Lena's only hope is that Shin's march deep into the eastern front finds someone who can help like he mentioned last episode. Otherwise she's stuck in that rotting corpse of a country until she dies.
That's true.

It is going to be really interesting once the legion do advance into the country. The people running the country just lost the best squad that might save them and they don't even realize it because of their racism. Whatever happens hopefully Lena and others like her survive. The rest of them made their bed and I could care less if they die.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be interesting since it seems like they might do volume 2 and 3 before doing the volume 1 epilogue (which is the in universe chronological order to be fair)
With two episodes left and only a little left of volume 1 there's a solid chance they animate the epilogue. Though personally I'm hoping they:
Shin and co making it to the Federacy. This would also finish Rei's story in this cour.

Oct 25, 2017
Bakuten Episode 8
E3KTmkiXEAYNb5s

Shotaro, Onagawa, and Misato is the best three, very fun episode.

Though, Onagawa and Misato is the best Misato ship.
E3KSnzUXwAMKpjv

And Ninja Ace and Spy Leaf are best nicknames loved that tree moment.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
┴nɹu ∀ ƃnupɐɯ - 01-50
managed to make it through the series over the last couple weeks and while i wouldn't call it a boring series i couldn't really say i'd be desperate to rewatch it anytime soon but i guess atleast it was better than Wing, gotta say tho so far out of everything i watched i think the 2nd ED in this series might be one of my favourite only beaten by one of the Seed Destiny ED that i can't remember which number it was

did Syd Mead design a lot or only the main gundam because some of the ones the enemies had were probably the ugliest designs i've seen up til this point

i feel like with them bringing up the UC stuff from Zeta/ZZ that the cocoon ending that it was a gundamy gundam ending

Nagatoro - 09
i like how an animation error turned a table full of people playing on Vita into a bunch of people playing on the switch

MHA - 99

its-over-5a388e.jpg

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Tropical-Rouge Pretty Cure 15

Aqua Pots really do everything these days huh. Laura is clearly the happier one to switch bodies, continuing her trend of getting more and more freedom to go out in the open. She's got nearly as much energy as Manatsu in her. She just needs the opportunity to let it out. Minori was surprisingly chill about the body switcheroo. Hopefully the payoff to this arc won't take long to get to. 5 Laura episodes in a row. Let's see if we can make it 6.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
86 is that show that presents itself as if it's delving into deep human emotion and struggle.
But in reality, it's just a combination of really tropey dramatic moments that are unwarranted and poorly built towards.

Lena and Shin are very generic and boring. The story has good concept but the characters and plot are just really underwhelming.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
86 is that show that presents itself as if it's delving into deep human emotion and struggle.
But in reality, it's just a combination of really tropey dramatic moments that are unwarranted and poorly built towards.

Lena and Shin are very generic and boring. The story has good concept but the characters and plot are just really underwhelming.
Yep pretty much, And if what i saw as mistaken spoilers are true

It's gets super stupid.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018

You get it!

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
86 is a show with Sawano's OST
Being bombastic and dumb is what I would expect and wanted if I interested with it.

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
really interested in how these last 2 episodes of Vivy will end up,not updating your bios can help a lot turns out.

86 9 i guess it was well done really didn't feel much just like any other episode guess im glad Lena actually did something
from the small amount i heard the first vol which im guessing is pretty much over soon was the best part compared to whats to come doesn't give me much faith

also nobody talking about the hands???

Oct 25, 2017
Bakuten Episode 9

Thought the tragic backstory would be tragic, felt like all the tragedy was omitted. Oh well. Misato had some good moments being needy.
E3Kmyy2XwAAoFqy

Ending was the best, he's so honest and pure.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
So from people's reaction, MHA finally wrapped up its 20th school competition arc?

Not sure if I want to binge them now or just wait till the whole season is over. Crazy the show is approaching 100 episodes yet the cast are still in year 1.

The League of Villain truly are kind enough to wait for Class 1-A to level up.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatched Dynazenon 10 again and every other shot is like wallpaper worthy. That shot of Knight with the shattered glass pieces...chills

Status
Not open for further replies.