Oct 25, 2017
the actual answer is nobody was willing to pay what the licensor was asking for

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Jellyfishing! Jellyfishing! 08
Mei is so down bad
Damn, I knew it was going too well. Fuck social media, all my homies hate social media. And this dude recognized her because of her moles? Creepy.

The fanart taking the place for the glowsticks was really sweet. The performance scene was lovely.
That ending tho, oh nooo

Love Song 07
Goddammit this couple is so cute.

Aki with black hair is cursed. Shiho seems chill as long as it's nothing music related. I'm guessing the one that Momoka likes is the giantess?

Ohhh, that ending. There goes the sweet vibes 😰. Is it just me or was there an aggressive amount of cuts in Shiho's performance? 😵‍💫

Yatagarasu 08
Shiratama 😬😬😬
Not sure why she killed him when he was already wounded, you'd think she would want to interrogate him... unless that was on purpose

Studio Apartment 09
I don't mean to be insensitive but Tsurumi got really annoying throughout the episode. One day we'll have more well written shy characters like Bocchi, one day.

A Yakuza daughter kappa is pretty fuckin dope tho. Why doesn't Shin join the occult club? He's friends with an angel, vampire, kappa and snow woman, it's perfect for him.

One Piece 1106
That Kuma scene 😭😭😭
Are Atlas and York supposed to be that huge compared to Lillith???
I noticed that when the anime needs to fill in for time they use Sanji lol

grand

Oct 25, 2017
One Piece 1106
That Kuma scene 😭😭😭
Are Atlas and York supposed to be that huge compared to Lillith???
I noticed that when the anime needs to fill in for time they use Sanji lol
Yeah. Lilith has a normal human height (which is pretty odd for One Piece) while Atlas & York are something around 20 ft tall.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Whisper - 7

Wow not only did both bands sing, they were also able to magically make their microphones disappear in every other shot. Yori's band took it to another level by having their drummer pop in and out too!
Holy shit, I didn't even notice at first but Mari really does disappear during the performance lol

This series deserves a better adaptation 😭

Yeah. Lilith has a normal human height (which is pretty odd for One Piece) while Atlas & York are something around 20 ft tall.
Don't know how that slipped by me when I read the manga

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Whisper Episode 7:

This series picked the absolute worst time to debut as a girl band show with these production values, or rather the lack of them.

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
whisper airing this season is easily the worse timing since Girlfriend, Girlfriend airing in the same season as 100kanojo

it also deserves better D:

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Jellyfish 8

Kinda of weird pacing in this episode with some fast time skips. The performance had all these weird cuts and just randomly ended too. I figured Kano's identity being revealed would have been a bigger deal, but we just fast forwarded through 2 months.

As much as I like this show, Im really not a fan of JELEE's music, aside from the song from the first episode.

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Dedede - 01 (or 00?)
Didn't think this day would come, but here we are now.. Very tense episode!

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Astro Note 8
Well that was a little disturbing to think that on Wido humans have the equivalent of a pet lifespan compared to a Wido dog.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Ehhh, I guess I'll watch Mashle when it comes back

I usually love it when an anime has people using some crazy ass energy blasts or spirit bombs, but there's one dude who just throws hands and still whoops everyone's ass, so an anime based solely on that should be right up my alley.

But for some reason I always feel "meh" with Mashle.

viral

Oct 25, 2017

I usually love it when an anime has people using some crazy ass energy blasts or spirit bombs, but there's one dude who just throws hands and still whoops everyone's ass, so an anime based solely on that should be right up my alley.

It's a fun show, but it doesn't really do anything that would elevate it from "okay". It is literally just OPM in the HP world, and if that's fine with you, you'll probably have some fun, but don't except anything more. I think the humor is pretty good, the actual fights are very well animated and the OST is a banger, but I still wouldn't call it anything more than average. It's also very derivative, pretty much every little thing is straight up copied from HP, which I found amusing, but might not be for everyone.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
It's a fun show, but it doesn't really do anything that would elevate it from "okay". It is literally just OPM in the HP world, and if that's fine with you, you'll probably have some fun, but don't except anything more. I think the humor is pretty good, the actual fights are very well animated and the OST is a banger, but I still wouldn't call it anything more than average. It's also very derivative, pretty much every little thing is straight up copied from HP, which I found amusing, but might not be for everyone.
Yeah, it gives some good laughs but I'm never impressed with anything. Yozakura Family is the same way I think.

It's best moment so far was Finn standing up for Mash, if it had more moments like that I'd like it more

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
I'll do a little review in a bit but I wanted to say how funny it is when binging latest episodes to go from some relatively mid-budget anime to the latest episode of Demon Slayer which looks leagues ahead 😅

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo

Loved the first season , I loled way too much on that, wholesome af

S2 was... meh at best, didnt even finish cause it became really cringe humor after a while

But a friend of mine who read the whole manga say at least the manga is really great

Will probably watch one more season or go for the manga

viral

Oct 25, 2017

S2 was... meh at best, didnt even finish cause it became really cringe humor after a while

But a friend of mine who read the whole manga say at least the manga is really great

S2 had the same problem as OPM imo, where the author realized that the initial gag is only gonna go so far, so it ended up being a much more traditional battle shounen than it was originally meant to be. I still enjoyed it, but the S2 OP is probably the best thing that came out of the series.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga

I honestly liked season 2 more than 1, there were some pretty good moments from the side characters.

I'm good waiting for the anime

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
S2 had the same problem as OPM imo, where the author realized that the initial gag is only gonna go so far, so it ended up being a much more traditional battle shounen than it was originally meant to be. I still enjoyed it, but the S2 OP is probably the best thing that came out of the series.
I personally have liked what I watched of season 2 of mashle more than season 1, but I also think the humor of season 1 is one of the weakest parts of the series in general. The gag was never good, and got tiresome extremely fast. it was much more enjoyable once we didn't waste as much time on people being confused about his "magic"

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Mashle also had a clear battle shonen direction even in early s1, and while Mashle is comically over powered due to his muscles, and you know he's going to win, the series (imo) always finds fun ways for him to win fights. It's not really as jarring as OPM's shift because Saitama (where I gave up reading the manga) is still never challenged and never has anything resembling an interesting fight, all the fights are given to supporting characters I don't care about.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I really REALLY enjoyed Mashle and think it has some very fun characters and moments
Do we know if a Season 3 is coming?

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Dedededededededede episode 0

Well that was dark af.

Yuri Camp episodes 7-8

WHY THE FUCK DO THEIR EYEBROWS SHOW ON THIER HATS? WHYYYYYYYYYY?
Remember kids, when recalling a camping trip don't do acid.
I want Nadeshiko to follow me around in a floating box commenting on my life all the time.
And they ended up in the negative zone, never to be seven again.

Angel Roommate episode 9

Add another girl to the pile.

Aqua's Butt episodes 5-6

Where did Kazuma pull that badaasery out of?

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Sound Euphonium S3 08
Reina did not just tell this dude to "git gud" lmaoooo

Me when a character dies in an anime: meh
Me when a character doesn't make an audition for the band performance: NOOOOO
Let's just say that I kinda overreacted to Kanade failing the audition.
Oh my gooood the ending, noooo. Why the fuck am I so tense for a goddamn band anime.

Appraisal Isekai 08
"Reitz turned him down flat." LMAOO
Yup, Licia is as terrifying as expected. Hoping they find a way for her to stay with the main cast, she's great

Grandpa and Grandma 08
Those two boys wanting to see the grandparents again was so sweet. Ine seeing her mom in Shiori 🥺

Oohh, Shiori's got a boyfriend. And they added him to the credits. Cute and funny episode as always.

Yozakura Familia 08
"That sis-con dirtbag." I think me and Rin would get along just fine. Mutsumi thinks she's Sakura.
Are you really a shonen series if you don't have a cross-dressing episode. "Yoko's" voice had me wheeze 🤣🤣🤣

Even I guessed the morse code trick, come on, Taiyo. Oooh, that ending. Tho that was kinda predictable.

Tonari no Yokai-san 08
This series has a very interesting world. London being a place of magic and only allowing magic to happen within the country is something.

Episode was just constant feels, poor Haru😢

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Time to start reading Maomao
I will! ...in Japanese. One day.

i actually found it super depressing. that world like straight sucks ass

WHY THE FUCK DO THEIR EYEBROWS SHOW ON THIER HATS? WHYYYYYYYYYY?

i want to say Aoi's always did and it just spread in the last season after the studio change. I think the mangaka actually just draws them all that way and they were less strict about it in earlier seasons

Last edited:

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Well I hit an episode of My Dress-Up Darling that made me go "y'know what, I'm good". This show wants to try to have it both ways. It wants to mask the fact that the creators are thirsting for kids by making fun of grown ass dudes thirsting for kids. That only works if the show doesn't actively participate in it. This story could've been told without all this gross pervy stuff and it would've been great. But they chose this so I'm done. What a fucking shame.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Well I hit an episode of My Dress-Up Darling that made me go "y'know what, I'm good". This show wants to try to have it both ways. It wants to mask the fact that the creators are thirsting for kids by making fun of grown ass dudes thirsting for kids. That only works if the show doesn't actively participate in it. This story could've been told without all this gross pervy stuff and it would've been great. But they chose this so I'm done. What a fucking shame.
Well the Japanese name is "The Porcelain Doll Falls in Love" so it's always worn its issues on the sleeve.

Edit: I should note that the manga author is pretty seclusive to the point that we don't know their gender. A lot of western sources go with them being a woman but their name & Japanese sources suggest a man. That discrepancy plus their interview comments of wanting to be the cosplayer makes me wonder if they are trans, which would give a new interpretation of the source material. But that's getting pretty heavy into the literary analysis.

Last edited:

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
Jellyfish - 8

This is starting to feel like the show has a quota of 1 Kano (attempt) flirting and 1 Mahiru trying to brush it off per episode or something lol. Please, I need more progress. There's also that sudden 2 months time skip. You saying that nothing happened during those 2 months worth mentioning? The timeline makes sense for preparing an event but a lot can happen in 2 months especially when you're high schoolers.

And yeah, I'm disappointed we don't get more scenes with Mahiru and her school friends after she just ditched her friends to go on a ride with Kano last episode. I get that this show is not really about that but it's something I want to see.

This needs 2 cours.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Sakamoto Days key visual and PV stills are circulating already. Looks nice so far!
The image since it's not reliably showing up:

sakamoto-days-key-visual-v0-hu8qvhq1xx2d1.jpg

That's an odd way to list the date for a Japanese focused key visual and Tomokazu Sugita being the only voice actor listed seems like fan casting

Edit: the copyright is also odd. It looks like someone cross referenced the Dandadan key visual and then tried to poorly edit in the author's & series name in from the volumes with production committee tagged on.

Last edited:

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Dooooope, glad I didn't start the manga yet, will wait for the amime

Edit: Waiit, maybe I read like 4 chapters, I remember a really funny ice cream joke

Last edited:

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Curious but do you think the stills are also edited/fanmade? I mean, we'll find out soon enough for sure. Personally I think it's real, but it will be crazy it it's fake. Reminds me of the Jojo Part 5 Purple Haze Feedback fake anime leak.

EDIT: It's real!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA4jmyg3rhY

Yep, even the key visual was 100% real: https://sakamotodays.jp/

No mention of Netflix but that doesn't mean much on a Japanese only site since the dub/western license could still be Netflix exclusive

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
What's everyone's problem with Netflix?
A combination of holding anime for long times or releasing them in batches, effectively killing all discussions and hype like it happened with JoJo part 6, also sometimes the production quality can vary widely duebto the binge model- but can't hold it against Netflix specifically, some people have issues with that tho-

Only exceptions i cab think of are Violet Evergarden back in 2018 and now Dungeon Meshi , that happen to be on Netflix and also weekly

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that happened in years.
It literally happened this year with Pokemon & Seven Deadly Sins. And those were only exclusive licenses. All the Netflix Originals have always been released in bunches only (see Scott Pilgrim, Pluto, TPBon & Garoden only 4 days ago). Overall, the number of Netflix exclusive series actually released weekly is very small.

We still don't know if Delicious in Dungeon was the beginning of a new strategy or simply an exception to the rule as a part of the licensing agreement. So until we know more (or even have the announcement of the Netflix licensing), you're gonna have people understandably be worried about Netflix holding it back for binge watching.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Teaser looks fine so far, hopefully the action stays good. And please just follow the Dunmeshi formula Netflix.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A combination of holding anime for long times or releasing them in batches, effectively killing all discussions and hype like it happened with JoJo part 6, also sometimes the production quality can vary widely duebto the binge model- but can't hold it against Netflix specifically, some people have issues with that tho-

Only exceptions i cab think of are Violet Evergarden back in 2018 and now Dungeon Meshi , that happen to be on Netflix and also weekly

There's Vinland Saga S2 as well

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Uncle from Another World and Blue Period were both weekly as well. I think we can stop worrying about batch releases for anything that wasn't originally planned as a batch miniseries. Yes, Stone Ocean is still a sore point, but I'm expecting Steel Ball Run to be weekly again.

OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
forced to anime or Printer Paper 8 X 11 said he'd have me excommunicated from his smutty discord...

Spirited Away

Hit this up at ghiblifest since my area has a limited assortment of stuff this year and it just reaffirmed my belief one should see their ghibli favorites in the theater at least once, ideally many times.

Mahjong Soul Kan 1-5

I miss the absurdism of the first show but running little mini-arcs is fun in its own way. The Ein/Wanjirou stuff is especially fun since they get a spotlight that wasn't available in either the first show or the first arc.

Dungeon Meshi 4

Thought I was like 8 eps behind, not 18. Whoops. Orc stuff was amusing and its great seeing bits of inner personality seep out of the main cast (I mean this in a good way). Also reminds me Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord's remake just had a full release.

Dungeon Meshi 5

wtf senshi has gone too far

Dungeon Meshi 6

Mimics, eh? Maybe time to start another show i've been putting off.

Other things of note:
  • FX's Shogun was really good. Recommended if you enjoy jidaigeki stuff.
  • If you're in the overlapping section of the Venn diagaram of people that enjoy Slay the Spire and like Gurren Lagann's eyecatches, Zet Zillions is kinda cool. There's a thread here on gaming side about it. Criticisms are on point with the UI but it's stuff that can be cleaned up. Good fun for the price.