• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Choo-choo Train 03
The Last of Us looks different.
Not sure why it took until like 7 minutes into the episode for someone to point out the mushroom heads lol

I know the other girls were possessed but I can't stand the types of episodes where one person is right but no one believes them, it's so frustrating lol. Really good acting from Akira's actress tho

"I want to fight an anteater." Same.

7th Prince 03
That fight was animated wonderfully. And Lloyd's voice acting was sooooo good.

The weapon enhancement portion was great. The knight's sword cutting his sheath is crazy.

Cheat isekai 02
Wtf is that opening lmaooo
Good on Flio for straight up neglecting slavery instead of just rolling with it, other isekai dudes can learn from him.

I like the dynamic between Flio and Rys, it's pretty entertaining.

Spice and Wolf 03
Her disappointment in the apple scene was too adorable. Holo swindling the pelt trader was great.

Never before have I paused so often to read the subs so that I can understand wtf they're talking about lol
Aww, Lawrence is getting jealous.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
End of World Train - 3

Even though Train's Body Snatchers esque horror story doesn't do alot new, just the fact that we're doing a story like this in the middle of the show is enjoyable enough. Hina Kino's manic voice acting also helps.

Spice & Wolf - 3

926e5009-c10a-48fe-b90e-fa0760f82fcd.png

Boy those economy memes weren't kidding. Luckily it's well paced enough and Holo and Lawrence remain pretty fun characters, but I can see this type of show being a turn off for some.

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
Spice And Wolf 03

It is my understanding is that in the modern world it's relatively simple to profit from a currency falling in value: You take out a loan denominated in Currency A, convert it to Currency B, and then after the value of A drops you convert enough of your B to pay off the loan and keep the remainder (minus accrued interest and conversion costs). Of course, that's in a computer-enabled high-speed market; in medieval times loans and conversions might be too slow or costly for that to be effective. And if the value is decreasing so gradually the potential gain from this strategy seems low even absent transaction costs.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Spice And Wolf 03

It is my understanding is that in the modern world it's relatively simple to profit from a currency falling in value: You take out a loan denominated in Currency A, convert it to Currency B, and then after the value of A drops you convert enough of your B to pay off the loan and keep the remainder (minus accrued interest and conversion costs). Of course, that's in a computer-enabled high-speed market; in medieval times loans and conversions might be too slow or costly for that to be effective. And if the value is decreasing so gradually the potential gain from this strategy seems low even absent transaction costs.
I imagine currency value fluctuations also generally are a lot slower barring major events like a country being in massive trouble or a huge change in purity being discovered in a medieval world where information moves much slower, so the value is much more likely to be stable compared to other goods which means if you try to short sell it people are going to be suspicious that you might know something they don't and not enter the deal. And for your strategy it's worth noting that exchanging currencies would absolutely come with a fee here, that's literally the job of the guy they were consulting about any changes

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
The real Spice and Wolf starts now. Also Holo turned 1 silver coin into 69 silver in profit... nice.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Train to the End of the World 3
The gag with the train conductor never gets old, lol. Fun episode, I like the way everything turned out where the townsfolk aren't malicious so much as not understanding why anyone would feel differently than they do.

Spice and Wolf 3
I'm trying to figure out if Holo is a little less impetuous demigod and a little more precocious child in this adaptation. Though on the other hand, it could be because I watched the first one as a dub. Speaking of which:

That's a pretty marked difference! Kind of makes me wonder if I should switch to dub maybe.

surprised nobody cried censorship about that scene yet (its a better scene in general now)

Is it really that different from the old one? You can see basically the same stuff in each, except I'm not sure if Holo's bare breasts are ever shown (but it's not like she's drawn with nipples in the old one so it doesn't seem to be much of a difference).

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
Train 3
yep we can't talk about this show without spoilers now lol i was right in being stressed out for what's in stored mushroom cult wasn't as evil as i was expecting since they gave them food and let them go but the sudden deaths of them was so bleak and this is the first stop?! ,i hate the trope of one character not being listen to seem like a crazy person in classic horror media till it's too late

the contacting bit with the rails never gets old

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Villains day off 10
All the rangers have such tragic backgrounds DX. Also how did it take me till them saying it to realize the twins were fraternal.
Trying to finish this catch-up tonight. Then it's game time

Villain day off 11
Biggest disappointment is they didn't add C-018 to the ED.
Those 2 make the cutest pair tho

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
I've Got Level 2 Cheat Powers, Bitch! episode 2

Wolf waifu get!
Wow, the OP and ED are very cute. Especally the OP. Seeing Fenrys dance around gave a case of the HHHHHHNNNNNGGGGGGs.
The ultra cute voice was not something I expected out of Fenrys. I expected a more mature voice.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Villains Day Off 12-end
Super chill, fun show. C-018 was best character, wish it showed up earlier tho XD. Just a nice laid back show. That tree spirit subplot hit me surprisingly hard tho.

Shangri-La frontier 25- end
Hah satisfying wrap up. That magical girl gag got me gooooooodddddd

Well that's most of my sun and dub stuff from last season wrapped up. Just Bravern left, gonna try and wrap it up this week
I've Got Level 2 Cheat Powers, Bitch! episode 2

Wolf waifu get!
Wow, the OP and ED are very cute. Especally the OP. Seeing Fenrys dance around gave a case of the HHHHHHNNNNNGGGGGGs.
The ultra cute voice was not something I expected out of Fenrys. I expected a more mature voice.
I really look forward to the dub starting on this, enjoyed the manga quite a bit

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
is this one good? subversion or just chill?
Hm, I'd say there's some subversion, overall it's about a guy just trying to enjoy life and wanting peace which gets funny cause we find out quick he has a power that could wipe out all of demonkind in one fell swoop with zero effort after he gets kicked out and levels up to lvl2. But instead decides to live with his Fenrir bride, and try's to bring peace to those around him, which happens to include his accidental best bud the former demon king. Oh and the proclaimed hero is a loser who winds up on the run stumbling into lucky and not so lucky encounters. Been a while since I read the early chapter tho

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
mmm, maybe i'll nose around the manga first...

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Yuru Camp S2 5-8
Aki, Aoi and Ena going on their own camping trip was a nice change of pace, as was having them run into actual trouble. And then we had the Nadeshiko arc, which was adorable on multiple levels. To think I was worried about what they would do for a second season, this middle bit's been great.

I'm pretty sure you shouldn't sleep in your car with the engine running though, what the hell teach

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Grandpa And Grandma 2
There's the wholesome that I love about this series. Except for all the times Grandpa and Grandma get turned on by each other 😂 Don't think I haven't noticed them cutting out the "Grandpa keeps going to the bathroom to jerk off" jokes

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Jellyfish 2 was a much better episode. Kim is great.

Mahiru's Vtuber friend looks more like a Vtuber design IRL than that model they gave her lol.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Train thing 3
Sigh

From the New World 8
I guess Shun has got Ogre disease or whatever it's called.

Last edited:

NMNR

Oct 29, 2017
What did people enjoy from last season? Currently catching up as my light novels are drying up.

NMNR

Oct 29, 2017
Mushoku s2e14

I feel like they're trying to show Rudeus improving, but given the events the last couple episodes, I feel it's awful he would keep the secret of where he came from from Sylphie (and it's obvious she wants to know, as she asked Nanahoshi right in front of him)

Edit: Though I suppose I can see an otherwise decent person being too insecure to talk about it, as opposed to all the things in the past Rudeus has done that a decent person would not…

Yeah, that's a big part of it. He's ashamed and embarrassed of his past life. I'll add a spoiler of what happens later in the novels about this part.

He comes clean to two other significant family members. But not directly to Sylphie.

ojbd

Jul 18, 2018
What did people enjoy from last season? Currently catching up as my light novels are drying up.
Bang Bravern was the surprise hit.
Sengoku Youko is a fantastic adaptation (more coming in July).
Meiji Gekken was neat, nothing incredible, but overall nice.

Plus ongoing stuff like Frieren and Undead Unluck.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Level 2 Cheat Powers has a great vignette style where it switches the POV probably 20 times a book. It gets...a little stale near the end but I never find it tedious.

It also has about 300 characters near the end and while the author tries to reintroduce all of the side ones each book it can be hard to remember them all.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Mashle S2. They're getting to the chapters where it shifts towards more of a legit battle series AND a goofy parody combined and actually improving on the manga in places. You can still tell that it's medium budget but it has fun with it.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Level 2 Cheat Powers has a great vignette style where it switches the POV probably 20 times a book. It gets...a little stale near the end but I never find it tedious.

It also has about 300 characters near the end and while the author tries to reintroduce all of the side ones each book it can be hard to remember them all.
As a manga reader it's always hilarious when we get to experience The misadventures of the loser hero and his floozy, as well as loser demon king bro XD

Really looking forward to the anime when the dub starts

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Another great comparison to level 2 super powers is a fluffy light version of My Instant Death ability is so Overpowered, No one in this Other World Stands a Chance Against Me!

Instead of everything ending in murder it usually ends peacefully, and with people hooking up. Same comedic sensibilities though.