• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
The first season printed money.

How do you fuck up this badly?

Such a banger.

I liked BNA and would be down for more.

Monumentally stupid decision. Wasnt this show extremely popular?

The CEO flat out said last year that Yuri made them "very little"

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...y-little-money-according-to-mappa-ceo/.200418

It made money, just not for them. So they restructured to producing stuff where they get more of the profit.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
World Dai Star 1-3

Started watching this on a whim due to the /r/anime banner and wow this is really good so far.

The twists in these couple of episodes were really interesting and definitely caught me by surprise. The concept of actresses having different supernatural powers that enhance their performance in some way is a really neat angle. I like that it isn't battle focused when it very much could be.

The quality of gacha game marketing anime has been phenomenal lately. The animation in this show is absolutely exquisite, as is the voice acting work. Im enamored for sure. There's so much detail and expressiveness when the actors get on stage and even the smallest gesture is thoughtfully articulated.

They had me with the Mika Pikazo character designs but Im super on board.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
So I've been browsing larger anime discussion spaces lately and I realize that by mostly sticking to certain smaller anime discussion spaces, I've been pretty insulated from how seasonal anime fandoms are like.

Like, I was certainly aware, but damn, anime fans at large are off putting as fuck.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
So I've been browsing larger anime discussion spaces lately and I realize that by mostly sticking to certain smaller anime discussion spaces, I've been pretty insulated from how seasonal anime fandoms are like.

Like, I was certainly aware, but damn, anime fans at large are off putting as fuck.

I think general fans of everything are hugely off-putting but anime is definitely one of the places I feel it the most

Gotta find your communities I guess

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
Bartender 1-2
don't know why i haven't checked this out but theres so many things to watch and i haven't cut any but i had more downtime tonight
this show is bad! and not actually bad just bad because it makes drinking look so cool and makes me want some
writing seems simple but enjoyable enough with some heartfelt moments with each patron getting served

wind breaker 3

these hooligans up to no good with community service and helping out towns folks on patrol meanwhile on the otherside of town it's a warzone

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Anime fandom has grown increasingly infantile. Its not even just the influx of young people far outnumbering the olds. So many adults ain't grow past their [Insert Shonen kid's show here] stage. I'm not even going to touch the amount of adults online that I've seen that have uh... certain fantasies involving those characters that haven't grown with them. That's a whole can of worms.

I guess you could argue anime shows itself have gone that direction though. Its been an often discussed thing since the 90s.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
I recently checked out the MAL forums for the first time in a while, and yeah... definitely not a great place. But I'm not even sure if the forums themselves are that big. Obviously the site itself is huge, but the forums don't seem to have as much activity as I would have expected.

The only other "big" community I frequently visit is Reddit but mostly just to lurk. Which I find to be a really mixed bag. Sometimes you get great discussions on under-watched hidden gems like MyGO, or people who posts real-life horse racing trivia that makes Uma Musume way more interesting to watch. Other times it's a lot less great.

Then again, even on this site the quality of the discussion drops pretty noticeably when certain popular shows are talked about outside of this thread.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
That Yuri on Ice cancellation is fucking depressing

I just finished the series not too long ago too. It's probably just a matter of time until the Zombie Land Saga movie gets canceled as well.
Zombie Land Saga is CyGames property, i doubt it would be cancelled, even if for some reason Mappa stopped working on it they could just go to another studio, or their own CyPicture studio which would be a lot better anyway

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
World Dai Star 1-3

Started watching this on a whim due to the /r/anime banner and wow this is really good so far.

The twists in these couple of episodes were really interesting and definitely caught me by surprise. The concept of actresses having different supernatural powers that enhance their performance in some way is a really neat angle. I like that it isn't battle focused when it very much could be.

The quality of gacha game marketing anime has been phenomenal lately. The animation in this show is absolutely exquisite, as is the voice acting work. Im enamored for sure. There's so much detail and expressiveness when the actors get on stage and even the smallest gesture is thoughtfully articulated.

They had me with the Mika Pikazo character designs but Im super on board.
World Dai Star was a surprised for me. I thought it was just gonna be another regular CGDCT or idol but it really is something special.
I don't even remember why I picked it up (I didn't even know that it was Mika Pikazo until I started watching it) but I watched it after it ended and ended up binging the whole thing, which I don't usually do.
I went in completely blind so the supernatural stuff took me by surprised and made the show almost battle shounen-like. And yeah, animation and voice acting are phenomenal. They went out of their way to make the plays look and feel like a real stage play. I don't think I've seen anything quite like it. I doubt even Oshi no Ko's next season would put that much afford into their plays like this.

I'd have started the game if I wasn't already playing like 10+ gachas at that time lol. I was really tempted though.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Then again, even on this site the quality of the discussion drops pretty noticeably when certain popular shows are talked about outside of this thread.

that's what i'm saying. above a certain 'randoms regularly wander by' threshold discussion becomes a lot more difficult to manage and norms become more difficult to maintain

like it's fun to touch on, I enjoy the weekly meshi discussions, but sometimes you don't know what the vibe is going to be like when you see something.

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Dungeon Meshi - 16
What a great episode!! Everyone is here!
Drama ensues as Laios admitted to Shuro that the group revived Falin through dark magic. Gotta do what you gotta do, hopefully nobody snitches.
Marcille wearing the frog suit is so cuuute...

That final part of the episode though. Falin 😭

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I recently checked out the MAL forums for the first time in a while, and yeah... definitely not a great place. But I'm not even sure if the forums themselves are that big. Obviously the site itself is huge, but the forums don't seem to have as much activity as I would have expected.

The only other "big" community I frequently visit is Reddit but mostly just to lurk. Which I find to be a really mixed bag. Sometimes you get great discussions on under-watched hidden gems like MyGO, or people who posts real-life horse racing trivia that makes Uma Musume way more interesting to watch. Other times it's a lot less great.

Reddit has been the opposite experience for me where the general manga and anime subreddits are actually pretty good whereas the series specific ones tend to get weird

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
Reddit has been the opposite experience for me where the general manga and anime subreddits are actually pretty good whereas the series specific ones tend to get weird

Oh yeah I don't go to show-specific subreddits at all. The last time I did that was for Kaguya-sama, and it was basically all just NSFW fanart. The main r/anime sub is mostly good, especially the things that get voted to the top.

Wehrwolf

Oct 28, 2017
Pon no Michi Eps 11 and 12 are back up on YouTube (the whole series is up, but 11 and 12 had a copyright strike against them for awhile)

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Mysterious Disappearances 02
Wasn't too crazy about this ep until the last 5 minutes.

No bullies? Oto was being a bully to Sumireko the whole episode lol

Astro Note 03
Ketchup on egg 🤢🤢🤢
Can't even cook for your kid? Ren's dad really is a bum through and through.

That chase scene was insane wtf. This is staying for sure now lmaooo. Dude really threw hands with a bird and lost 😂
Sawako, is that you? 😱

Golden Kamuy 21-24 S2 END
Shiraishi was getting smacked by their dicks 😭😭😭. Then his face used as a censor, I can't anymore.
Idk if I can ever watch Bleach again because everytime I hear Renji I'll just think of Shiraishi.

Sugimoto fucked Nikaidou UP, holy shit. Watch him come back with another prosthetic lmaooo. Abashiri arc was tense, was glued to my screen the entire time.

Ogata, I have one thing I want to say to you:
you-raggedy-bitch-mad.gif

You said chitatap, I trusted you! 😩
"We're brain damage buddies now!" "Did you eat my brain?" LMAOOOO

Oof, that cliffhanger. Good thing I'm binging 😤

How was this even better than season 1? Goddamn, this show. I'm cutting more shows this season so that I can keep watching GK loool

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

Astro Note 03
Ketchup on egg 🤢🤢🤢

That chase scene was insane wtf. This is staying for sure now lmaooo. Dude really threw hands with a bird and lost 😂
Sawako, is that you? 😱

Shiraishi was getting smacked by their dicks 😭😭😭. Then his face used as a censor, I can't anymore.
Idk if I can ever watch Bleach again because everytime I hear Renji I'll just think of Shiraishi.

Sugimoto fucked Nikaidou UP, holy shit. Watch him come back with another prosthetic lmaooo. Abashiri arc was tense, was glued to my screen the entire time.

How was this even better than season 1? Goddamn, this show. I'm cutting more shows this season so that I can keep watching GK loool
The scene where they are sneaking into Abashiri with the blind guy is hilarious.

viral

Oct 25, 2017

Season 2 is peak GK. Not to say the remaining seasons are bad, far from it, but I think season 2 is where it really hit its stride. The whole group dynamic throughout the season with all the cast interacting with each other, and the fantastic climax are just the best.

I think season 3 is actually the weakest, since the cast gets so fragmented, but it's still very good.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

Astro Note 03
Ketchup on egg 🤢🤢🤢

Sawako, is that you? 😱

My sisters would never not eat egg with ketchup growing up

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Wrong Way To Use Healing Magic S1

This show is surprisingly fun. The plot is standard isekai fare, but it's done very well.
The three summoned characters are all likable, which is rare in an isekai anime. Usually when multiple people are summoned, most of them are dicks. It's easy to root for them.
Also, no sexualized characters. Not even the demon race.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
The scene where they are sneaking into Abashiri with the blind guy is hilarious.
They got found out immediately 😭😭

Season 2 is peak GK. Not to say the remaining seasons are bad, far from it, but I think season 2 is where it really hit its stride. The whole group dynamic throughout the season with all the cast interacting with each other, and the fantastic climax are just the best.

I think season 3 is actually the weakest, since the cast gets so fragmented, but it's still very good.
Oooh, that's what I was worried about if the cast was going to stay apart for a really long time or not.

Of course I'm gonna watch it but damn this cast really does shine when they're all together.

My sisters would never not eat egg with ketchup growing up
🤢🤢🤢

Icarian

May 9, 2018
Kind of fallen off of anime for several years now, watched Spy x Family about a year and a half ago and found it endearing, haven't watched the latest cour though.

Started watching Frieren since it seems to have good reception and I was craving something like ol fantasy anime like Slayers, enjoying it a bunch so far.

Anime fandom surely has grown from the mid 2000s to now, it's practically unrecognizable.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Space Patrol Luluco 1-13 END

Aside from that, though, it's pretty fun and there are some great gags (Judgment Gun Morphing will never get old). Very lightweight and throwaway but it feels like that was the intent. Full of energy, reminded me a lot of the more madcap Cartoon Network shows from the old days like the Powerpuff Girls. I guess I should watch some more Trigger shows?
Bearing in mind this is their magnus opus but probably yes. While all of Trigger offerings are on the zany'ier side of things it's probably worth mentioning Luluco's particular tone and style stems to large extent from it's director, Imaishi's usual take on things. So in your case, it might be worth it to seek out his work first.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018

Astro Note 03
Ketchup on egg 🤢🤢🤢

Sawako, is that you? 😱

Golden Kamuy is indeed absolutely peak

btw if you aren't aware, the anime did skip a fair bit of material from the manga. A handful of arcs got reshuffled into OVAs (which I don't think are available on Crunchyroll...) and idk if they adapted everything that the main anime didn't cover. It's absolutely worth checking checking those skipped arcs out one way or another because there's some wild stuff in there.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I'm here to rant about how stupid the ending was it literally destroyed all my goodwill to the rest of the series, which was considerable
The endgame was so bad. I still don't know what the animal people represent! It's like they looked at the X-Men and did it worse.

Also it should have been queer, FFS they evoked a Pride parade in the first episode.

AAstFu6.gif

Bigotry is the only explanation. I just hope Yamamoto hasn't been strung along this whole time.

Maybe Studio M2 can save it.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
That's episode 8 of Bravern down! That ended with a bang of a cliffhanger. Also Lulu is the best

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
BanG Dream! It's MyGOAT!!!!! Final

So I had finished this earlier but then rewatched the whole thing immediately after and the last time I did that was for Antarctica.

This is easily a top 3 of last year, and makes a strong case for AOTY. What an absolutely amazing series from beginning to end. Incredible animation, direction, characterization and development. This series just gets better and better every season.

I was disappointed by the lack of answers re: Sakiko but looks like we're getting a new season about her next year, which makes sense why so much of it was omitted in this season. But some of the revelations in this finale was pretty shocking.

Is the implication that Sakiko's father did something and they lost all of their wealth, which prompted Sakiko to transfer out of her ojou sama school and take up a job to support their family? I wish she didnt lie to her friends but I also understand the shame she must have felt and how hard it was that she probably couldnt participate in the band anymore due to her family situation.

Hows she going to those fancy cafes tho

Im hoping to see more of Mutsumi next season. She's such an underrated character who has gone to great lengths to protect her friends (which is evident while doing a rewatch) but also got so much unnecessary flack and hate from them. I hope shes able to stand up for herself. Man I hope next season they perform together with MyGO and play the original version of Haru Hikage together. I am ready to cry buckets.

View: https://youtu.be/B8k6JtF6WrU?si=PbhMq1ss4OE-XnMZ

10/10

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Most watched spring anime in Japan so far (NicoNico & Abema) and thanks for ensuring that my guilty pleasure Isekai keeps getting fueled with new greenlit shows.

z4u8xdrcnhvc1.jpeg

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
Anyone watching this?

myanimelist.net

Girls Band Cry

The main character drops out of high school in her second year and aims at entering a university while working alone in Tokyo. A girl is betrayed by her friends and does not know what to do. Another girl is abandoned by her parents and tries to survive in the city by doing part-time jobs. This...

where can I stream it?

People say its supposed to be really good even with those trash 3d gfx

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCc4md8Cuy8

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Golden Kamuy is indeed absolutely peak

btw if you aren't aware, the anime did skip a fair bit of material from the manga. A handful of arcs got reshuffled into OVAs (which I don't think are available on Crunchyroll...) and idk if they adapted everything that the main anime didn't cover. It's absolutely worth checking checking those skipped arcs out one way or another because there's some wild stuff in there.
Yup, I was told a few things got skipped around. I was thinking to look into it after I finish the anime to avoid any spoilers.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Most watched spring anime in Japan so far (NicoNico & Abema) and thanks for ensuring that my guilty pleasure Isekai keeps getting fueled with new greenlit shows.

z4u8xdrcnhvc1.jpeg
Oof at Sound! Euphonium S3. Maybe management should have just let it be all out yuri.
Anyone watching this?

myanimelist.net

Girls Band Cry

The main character drops out of high school in her second year and aims at entering a university while working alone in Tokyo. A girl is betrayed by her friends and does not know what to do. Another girl is abandoned by her parents and tries to survive in the city by doing part-time jobs. This...

where can I stream it?

People say its supposed to be really good even with those trash 3d gfx

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCc4md8Cuy8

That's some RWBY Vol. 1 and 2 level animation.