• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
OP 7Th Shota episode 4

Heh, the whole soldiers cutting shit apart scene and were surprised afterwards had me LOLing.
Lloyd, just how strong is your shotacon maid? Shit, that scene were she stuns friend and foe alike was pretty funny. In fact, Lloyd making flowers while his maid is kicking the shit out of the demon only a few feet away was also pretty funny.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Checked out Grimm Variations, the Netflix fairy tales but with a twist (usually dark) of shorts with designs from Clamp. What surprised me was that all 6 had wildly different tones that I'm not sure what unifying glue there is besides vaguely fairy tale based because the connection to the source material is pretty flimsy aside from iconography. The framing device are the authors giving a short rundown of the known fairy tale to their young sister and then things go off.

EP1 Cinderella
Gave me a bad impression. It's Cinderella but what if Cinderella was evil. 1 dimensional misery that I can't even take pleasure in rooting for the stepsisters cause interestingly enough, they're also still despicable. A bold choice but leaves the story for no likable characters and that works for some people but I had a bad time. You don't need likable characters to make a story work and they didn't deserve to be shat on just cause they're boorish and unrefined and the episode does sympathize with them. I just felt restless about wanting the story to be over with because it's a bad person being a jerk to bad people.

EP2 Red Riding Hood
I have not watched Saw, but this has Saw vibes. Set in a vibrant, colorful techno future with a smattering of world building about how the virtual reality works. The wolf is a rich guy who uh. Violently assaults and murders the women he meets. This was a pretty shocking turn from the psychological horror of Cinderella. He is violently tortured and murdered back by the Red Riding Hood character, Scarlet. I dunno how to process it, it just lingered on the torture aspects so much that it felt like the point wasn't about catharsis of seeing arrogance brought low or vengeance or anything higher than "wouldn't it be f'ed up if". I'm really squeamish, I can't handle this stuff.

EP3 Hansel and Gretel
There's like half a dozen unanswered questions. It's a lore heavy 1 episode teaser to a sci fi show that won't be made. But the twist was the super strict guardians of the orphanage aren't trying to hurt the children. Kinda a welcome reprieve from the heavy grimness of the first two episodes.

EP4 Elves and the Shoemaker
The least clear plot of them all and least connected to its source material. It has the least fantastical elements but it had a sense of intense personal emotion. The disconnect from the prestige of art when you don't understand what it was that people enjoy about it. It was stressful and confusing to the author who is unable to capture that thing that gave him fame because it was an alternate version of himself writing the books that made him popular.

EP5 Musicians of Bremen
The animals are reimagined as hot women who beat up the gangs oppressing the Wild West setting. Quippy, straightforward, action packed, mildly sapphic. It's the image of what I think when I think anime.

EP6 Pied Piper of Hamelin
I get that Japan doesn't have the strong aversion to age gap that the west does so I was kinda surprised to see how viciously unsympathetic it was to the teacher lusting after the 17 year old. His thought process and desperation and delusion were all strongly on display.

Also there's a sequence that goes super hard and I find out from Reddit it's a Ghibli vet. Damn.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/1ca2r5y/the_pied_pipers_song_directed_by_ghibli_veteran/

Last edited:

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
From the New World 21
Oh it's just their kid. A lot of this relies that all surviving humans have been genetically altered to not kill other humans. Which seems highly unlikely.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
From the New World 21
Oh it's just their kid. A lot of this relies that all surviving humans have been genetically altered to not kill other humans. Which seems highly unlikely.

The show starts with the destructive capabilities of a single person and repeatedly stresses how many (often messsd up) measures the eventual society took to keep it from happening again. They would absolutely have made sure there are no other people, particularly because they would've been helplessly at the mercy of anyone without death feedback, as shown.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
From the New World 22
Saki asking the real questions here. That preview is ominous, please don't kill off Satoru. Let her keep at least one person from her group, please?

The show starts with the destructive capabilities of a single person and repeatedly stresses how many (often messsd up) measures the eventual society took to keep it from happening again. They would absolutely have made sure there are no other people, particularly because they would've been helplessly at the mercy of anyone without death feedback, as shown.
Nah I don't believe it

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Voice Actor Radio 03
"Even in a yuri context." LMAOO
Holy shit they dialed the gay up to 100. Tho the "boob rating" scene was weird. Great on Yumiko for standing up for her girlfriend.

Laughed my ass off at Chika's terrible fake sleeping, a rising actor if there ever was one.
Of course they start beefing again, but this kind of development actually makes sense and now Yumiko immediately wants to apologize.
That ending, oh noooo, social media rears its ugly head again. That's definitely her dad tho

Mysterious Disappearances 03
Ugh, fuck, I can't deal with bullying stoylines. And her old teacher??? Piece of garbage.

Adashino earned that headbutt. Damn, this could be a legitimately great show if not for the obnoxious fanservice.

Bartender 04
Sasakura keeps roasting this poor girl lol.
Another 5 minute episode, I don't understand.

Golden Kamuy 30-31
Sniper battles are always hype in this show, I'm fine with Ogata because of that and only that.

I hear "wakarimashita" in Kenjiro Tsuda's voice and am immediately reminded of Revue Strarlight lmaoo

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
From the New World 24
Wolf Rat being a boss covered in guano is a moment.

From The New World 25 END
Yo, what episode did I guess this ending? Episode 4? 5? Lol. Good show. Not at all what I thought it was going to be. It's weird seeing a scifi anime have a good ending.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good show

denzel-relieved.gif

It's probably one of my favorite anime, so I was disheartened when it seemed like you initially weren't feeling it

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
From the New World 24
Wolf Rat being a boss covered in guano is a moment.

Yo, what episode did I guess this ending? Episode 4? 5? Lol. Good show. Not at all what I thought it was going to be. It's weird seeing a scifi anime have a good ending.

Repent for "Squara" slander.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Laid-Back Camp S3 04
\Hiya!/
Aya and Rin are great together lol. I love Tomoyo Kurosawa so much.
"You're just yoloing at this point, aren't you?" LMAOOOO

That suspension bridge gets a big fat NOPE from me. I got sooo much anxiety from that scene

Wind Breaker 04
Me trying to read these small ass subs:
chang-paper.gif

"I feel so relaxed that it pisses me off." lol
Oh my gooood, the first half was dragging onnnn. Are they gonna fight or not? Back and forth.

Sakura's eating animation was just 2 frames lmaooo. His jealousy for Kotoha was great, I fucking love this dude.

Tournament arc!

Golden Kamuy 32-33
Jotaro appearance. The Manslayer storyline was dope.
"You like miso, don't you, Asirpa?"
Screenshot_2023-03-23_at_1.31.10_PM.jpg

Goddammit, I feared the worst when the wife went back and I still wasn't ready.
HOLY SHIT that Hasegawa plot twist 😱

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Yuru Camp S3 2-4
Finally caught up! (Actually I guess it didn't take that long really, we're only a third of the way into the season!)

This whole time I've had in the back of my head the knowledge that Yuru Camp is weirdly popular with older men. I guess CGDCT is kind of aimed at that market but it still seemed weird; the show is so wholesome and seemingly has broad appeal, so why? Lately I've realized: camping? touring rural towns and outdoor landmarks? biking? And now, in the last two episodes, suspension bridges and TOURIST TRAINS? It's not just Cute Girls Doing Cute Things, it's Cute Girls Doing OLD PEOPLE Things! They even had a whole thing about trains linking up with an engine, that's train nerd retiree shit if I've ever seen it! Yuru Camp might as well be airing on NHK World alongside Japan Railway Journal and Journeys in Japan!

Yuru Camp is the ultimate aspirational fantasy. Who wouldn't want to be a carefree high school girl who gets to skip over their entire working life and get straight to all the fun stuff you can do when you're retired?

I'm half-joking, and of course all the girls have part-time jobs so "entire working life" isn't even accurate

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Mahjong Soul KAN!! 1
Ichihime gets in over her head once more! Sunk cost anchors her

Urusei Yatsura 38
Mobile Tank Asuka, the fist that launched a hundred bodyguards.
Fighting trauma with truama. Ataru truly is the source of much suffering. Asuka's mom is horrifyingly emotionless XD and with weapons. To be Ton is suffering.
Finally a proper use for Ataru, as a blunt weapon. His use of puppetry(and the animation) was hilarious tho

Last edited:

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Yuri Actor Radio episode 3

"Let me grope your bewbs."
Stalker-kun enters the chat.
Well this episode was yuri af.

Wehrwolf

Oct 28, 2017
I see 'Mahjongg Soul Kan!' episode 1 is up (from the official source) on YouTube with English subs as of yesterday. 5 minute episode.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Salad Bowl 04
"Are you just shit?" LOL
So many bullying arcs recently, at least this one had a good resolution.
I loved when Yuna said she was gonna fight the bullies and her mom supported her 100%, best mom

So this is an isekai, only their original world also had Oda Nobunaga and he could use magic 😱. I love Sosuke and Sara's father/daughter dynamic but can we please find a home for Livia? Girl can't even go trick or treating 😭

Astro Note 04
Miyasaka continues to be the worst thing about this show.... but there might be someone else who's even more down bad than he is, holy shit the new girl is wild.

Looks like she was crushing on Miyasaka (god only knows why) so there might be a love triangle... over this loser.

Golden Kamuy 34-36 S3 END
Aww, that's a cute sea- oh whoops, I forgot what show I was watching for a sec lol
BEHOLD THE POWER OF DICK.

OGATA YOU BITCH. Betraying everyone like he's Starscream.
Yes, they finally reunit- LMFAOOOOOOOOO, they really put the Golden in Golden Kamuy.
Oh my god, forget Nikaidou, Ogata's the real cockroach. I laughed my ass off when Sugimoto dropped him tho lol

I was worried about this season since everyone was separated but it was just as good as before. Just one more season...

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Salad Bowl 04
"Are you just shit?" LOL
So many bullying arcs recently, at least this one had a good resolution.
I loved when Yuna said she was gonna fight the bullies and her mom supported her 100%, best mom

So this is an isekai, only their original world also had Oda Nobunaga and he could use magic 😱. I love Sosuke and Sara's father/daughter dynamic but can we please find a home for Livia? Girl can't even go trick or treating 😭

Astro Note 04
Miyasaka continues to be the worst thing about this show.... but there might be someone else who's even more down bad than he is, holy shit the new girl is wild.

Looks like she was crushing on Miyasaka (god only knows why) so there might be a love triangle... over this loser.

Golden Kamuy 34-36 S3 END
Aww, that's a cute sea- oh whoops, I forgot what show I was watching for a sec lol
BEHOLD THE POWER OF DICK.

OGATA YOU BITCH. Betraying everyone like he's Starscream.
Yes, they finally reunit- LMFAOOOOOOOOO, they really put the Golden in Golden Kamuy.
Oh my god, forget Nikaidou, Ogata's the real cockroach. I laughed my ass off when Sugimoto dropped him tho lol

I was worried about this season since everyone was separated but it was just as good as before. Just one more season...
At least you have the manga to continue after season 4

I have to wait for the next season, because my friends will kill me if I start reading the manga and know shit they don't in any capacity

They don't mind me being a manga reader for anything else, but Golden Kamuy is off limits

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
It is kinda funny to have basically every season of slime has had a long/multi-episode setup arc of basically just talking/planning/strategizing through multiple weeks, to the point where people are doing the 'do something-poke' meme.

The payout has basically been worth it every time, but the show sure as heck doesn't shy away from this type of long-form setup.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga

I have to wait for the next season, because my friends will kill me if I start reading the manga and know shit they don't in any capacity

They don't mind me being a manga reader for anything else, but Golden Kamuy is off limits
Oh no, at this point, I might as well just wait for season 5.

I'll go to the manga to see whatever arcs have been skipped, but I'm all in on the anime, hopefully S5 gets a release date soon.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017

5th season will be the last season so may as well wait at this point

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
OVAs are also options for some content that the anime skipped, though I don't know about availability of those.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Just back from SPY X FAMILY: Code White - was a bunch of fun, some great scenes, humour, and music too! Looked amazing in IMAX.

=

Mysterious Disappearances Ep. 1-3: My partner & I wanted to give this a fair shot, so we waited until there were a few episodes available for this and….yeah, though the VAs are good, for example Deku's VA gives a great spooky turn here…we just couldn't get over the majority of the gratuitous boob/ass shots, so this is a show we'll have to unfortunately drop-off of.

Train To The End Of The World Ep. 4: Fun episode, and one where we finally got to skip through a bunch of stations at once, which I thought might be coming soon so that they're able to hit Ikebukuro by the seasons' end (or will they….?) Not knowing the story, I guess that Yoka's subconcious has manifest outwards through the 'Magic' of 7G and the end of the series will be putting back right what was warped - I get 'happy ending' vibes from the story regarding it's ending (with any luck!)

Wind Breaker Ep. 4: The show continues to be good, I still can't get enough of the OP/EDs. Sakura as a character is quite fun and sensitive at times, in fact, several characters/scenes end up reminding me in parts of the Key & Peele 'Wise Bully' skit. Some great animation, it's one of this season's top shows for me (along with Girls Band Cry)

Kaiju No.8 Ep. 2: Funny/gross in equal measure; I'm keen to see how the show progresses and hope that we get a bit of back story soon to figure out why he was chosen to be the MC.

I Was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince, Reincarnated Aristocrat/Appraisal Skill: I continue to have no interest in, but my partner likes them, so that seems to vibe with that NicoNico chart posted earlier.

HIGHSPEED Etoile: I was hoping for a touch more great music that was shown in the trailers prior to release, sadly it appears only 2-3 great themes were really written for this show. The MC needs to show-off skill-wise pretty soon, as they seem incredibly hapless and one wonders how they not only got into this race to begin with, but function as a human being.

Got several other episodes here and there to catch up on, but that'll be over the weekend.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Yuru Camp s3e4
We're getting so much mountain/biking kumiko this season. i'm feastin'

Mashle 1
working my way up to the memes. don't know how long harry potter one punch man goofs will keep being entertaining but it's pretty good for now. also a good sign that the show seems to very consciously be 'hey did you know wizard eugenics sucks ass' (don't know if it will end up betraying that as part of its own story or not but I'm willing to see how it goes, at least to get to the meme OP)

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Dungeon Meshi - 17
Holy moly this is definitely my favorite Dungeon Meshi episode so far. The cast joined hands to defeat Falin, but she eventually retreated, giving time for Holm and Maizuru to heal the dead and the injured.

While that happened though, Shuro and Laios fought and squabbled. Might be childish to Maizuru, but this definitely helped both Shuro and Laios because they're getting all their feelings and frustrations out there. Ahh more please or I'll have to reread the manga again!

Vampire Dormitory - 03
I'm really not into gender-bender, it's so stupid and unfunny. I'm not sure I'd be better of dropping this and rewatching Devil's Line instead. :/

Wind Breaker - 04
Me going through it:
Man, he might have Vergil hair, but not Vergil personality.
Oh, or does he?
No, he doesn't.
Wait, there it is!
No, it's gone.
His mood swings are killing me! lol But I love how Not-Vergil is the only one with a long coat. ^^

Sakura warming up reminds me a bit of Kimi ni Todoke and Sawako's joy for little things, that others take for granted.

Mysterious Disappearances Ep. 1-3: My partner & I wanted to give this a fair shot, so we waited until there were a few episodes available for this and….yeah, though the VAs are good, for example Deku's VA gives a great spooky turn here…we just couldn't get over the majority of the gratuitous boob/ass shots, so this is a show we'll have to unfortunately drop-off of.
That's pretty much where I'm at, too. It does have some interisting story bits, but everything else is so off putting, I ponder over dropping it after every ep. Very disappointing.
And to imagine, the manga is even worse, makes me die a little inside.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
Arknights Season 3 confirmed

4vsk90j.jpeg

Should cover Chapter 7-8 and conclude the Reunion arc, which is the first big arc of Arknights. Glad they're fully committed to this. Chapter 8 should be a great end point for the adaptation.

Don't know how they'll cram all that into a single season though. Chapter 8 alone is like the length of Chapter 1-5 combined and that took them one and a half season even with the super rushed adaptation.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Mashle 1
working my way up to the memes. don't know how long harry potter one punch man goofs will keep being entertaining but it's pretty good for now. also a good sign that the show seems to very consciously be 'hey did you know wizard eugenics sucks ass' (don't know if it will end up betraying that as part of its own story or not but I'm willing to see how it goes, at least to get to the meme OP)
If you can tolerate humor based on yelling, people acting weird/stupid, and a protagonist coming up with truly absurd counters to seemingly unbeatable enemies, you'll have a good time. It's very much a show that has its cake and eats it too in the way it parodies shonen battle stuff, HP, and One Punch Man while legitimately executing on a lot of ideas from its source material in fun and interesting ways.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Yuru Camp s3e4
We're getting so much mountain/biking kumiko this season. i'm feastin'

Mashle 1
Mashle was one of the biggest surprises for me and if you just enjoy pure fun and over the top silliness but also a surprising amount of heart here and there, I think you will have a good time!
I would LOVE more Mashle

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Megaton Musashi 1
Was curious to see how it approached things, and it's interesting to see what got cut and what got fleshed out for animation(both are fine). Overall what I can say is the game's presentation isn't slacking but the anime is solid too.