Oct 25, 2017

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Welcome to the club, you also got it good because there was a huge hiatus after episode 6 of season 4 because a staff member had died =/
I heard about that, that sucks :/

I'm 3 episodes in A Condition Called Love, but have they been trying to endear us to Hananoi?
Cause, if they have, it certainly hasn't been working, and I'm still super scared for Hotaru...
Yeah, I wasn't feeling it anymore by that point. I was expecting people to call him out or something but he just keeps on being a weirdo

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Dungeon Meshi - 18
There's an imposter among us! Actually, many of them in fact.. Also they look kiiiiinda funny..
Anyway, hilarious episode once again, my stomach hurts

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
how on earth am i gonna find time to rewatch any monogatari ,honestly with what a wildcard this new season may be i'd wish i could get a recap guideline of hey go look at these past seasons or books to get a refresher on what to expect lol

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
Girls Band Cry 5

It's interesting that both Girls Band Cry and Jellyfish are dealing with storylines about how the blonde senior member of their respective bands had a falling out with their original band, though in this case, Momoka admits that it was her fault for breaking her promise to stick together with her bandmates no matter after she realized that she didn't like the direction they were headed in.

In another show, Diamond Dust might be the protagonists rising from the ashes after the loss of their lead singer/guitarist and finding an unlikely replacement for their psuedo-idol group.

I do like the rebellious punk nature of this show and how they've turned the pinky flip off gesture into their official sign.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Astro Note 05
The squid puns are killing me. There was an inkredible amount of them.

Ren and his dad's conversation surprised me. Wasn't expecting that kind of topic on this show. Let him wear a skirt if he wants to you bum!
Not a love triangle, but a love square? Aoi is just as unhinged as Miyasaka, they're perfect for each other. Ooooh, that ending.

Jellyfishing! Jellyfishing! 05
LOL @ the opening. I said her sister needed help. Really nice animation this ep. I especially loooved the scene where Kano first saw Yoru's new drawing. The bubbles were a nice touch.

The 2nd time this week a Miku Ito character had to deal with the harshness of social media. Yoru and Kano were very gay this ep, and I mean VERY gay. That kiss tho, nah you can't bait after that

Studio Apartment 06
"Ultra Super Far Station" gave me a good giggle.
Shiu was just as annoying as I expected.

TP Bon 01-03
Loki as an anime.
Much more violent than I was expecting. "I'm just an average dude who likes being average." Tadano, is that you?

The ending to episode 2 was really sweet... but are they just gonna leave them in the middle of a typhoon???

I like this one. I don't like the jelly dude tho, his voice is grating and he continuously interrupts ppl's lines.
I feel like there are some major time travel rules being broken but I'll spare myself the headache

Last edited:

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
Kaijuu-8 episode 4

Finally seeing this animated was sooo cool! Being it will only be 12 episodes we will for sure cover chapter 30+ so I am a happy camper

f9faf23d-2176-4201-be7a-9810f88ed1f6.jpeg

My only issue is that because of JPN laws or something (the whole pokemon seizure problem) the punch scene had to be dimmed like JJK below

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNQ7UswTPfU

Last edited:

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Kaijuu #4

Black Clover regen.

Wind Breaker 5

I thought I would drop this by this point but it continues to be impressively a slick production and have decent character interactions. If the sound of face punching will continue to drown the overarching nonsense I can manage.

-----
Captain Tsubasa ... - 27
xEizg0r.jpeg

kefpe59x.gif

Genuinely forget match with France got to PKs.

At beginning i thought this Schneider backstory, the weird boxer dude back in jp and other additional fluff were something the old anime might have cut out but this really has to be the exact reverse. It's so pointless and toothless it has to be this versions' deluxe padding to achieve this disaster pacing.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on the 2nd episode of Windbreakers, and I'm having a tough time getting into it.
Doing this kinda stuff in a real world setting feels really cringe.

Should I just bow out, or does it take itself less seriously.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Jellyfish 05
Last few episodes were pretty good setting up the characters and getting the group together but it was really nice circling back to both Yoru's relationship with art and her relationship with Kano for this one. They are super cute together and I was not expecting the kiss at the end.

Girls Band Cry 05
It's funny how much different this feels to Jellyfish despite having some pretty major similarities. These girls are always butting heads but it's always entertaining, definitely fits the rocker vibe. The OST is still peak and the performance at the end was great, I loved the "Liar" "Coward" and "Dropout" shirts. I wasn't expecting it but this might be my favorite show of spring (that starting airing in spring at least, Dunmeshi my beloved).

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Jellyfish - 5

For a show that hasn't been subtle about its themes, I still appreciate that Yoru's imposter syndrome was dealt with internally instead of yet another blow up against one of her friends. Ending has some implications, it certainly seemed a bit more serious

Whisper Me a Love Song - 4

I'm trying not to rag on this production every week, especially because this episode did look better than last week's, but that practice session was just kinda sad

Yatagarasu - 5

Lot of interesting connections even if most of the episode was in one meeting. It sort of feels like Asebi is being positioned as the wife bowl winner.

Tonari no Yokai - 5

MV5BYTdiOTIyZTQtNmQ1OS00NjZlLWIyMTgtYzk5Y2M3ZDVmMDk1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAzMDg4NzU0._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I didn't see us going this direction at all

I'm on the 2nd episode of Windbreakers, and I'm having a tough time getting into it.
Doing this kinda stuff in a real world setting feels really cringe.

Should I just bow out, or does it take itself less seriously.

The general vibe is pretty comedic, with Sakura thinking he's in a classic delinquent anime but actually ended up in a community youth group vibe.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Angel Roommate episode 6

A WEEK? How in the fuck did all that in the last five episodes take place over a week? Felt like months.
Also, the annoying loli needs to fuck off.

Last edited:

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Wonderful Precure 14
A sleepover episode is a good excuse for the entire cast to just banter among themselves and really show off the group dynamics. Too bad that falls flat when half the group barely or doesn't talk at all during the sleepover. Can't believe Iroha couldn't figure out an excuse to take her dog outside. At least Mayu is finally in on the plot. I'd be a lot more positive on the show if this happened sooner. Now she knows what's going on the next time she runs into danger hoping to meet her dashing rescuer. Yuki was barely in the episode, and she was still the best part hating the dog duo for various reasons.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Tiger mask W 20
Can't believe they managed to make me sympathetic for Odin XD… then again this episode also had the termin…. I mean Blackout XD. Good way to establish Tiger the great 3's strength tho

Salad Bowl 5
Livia gets reset… into scalping?! Will this poor girl ever learn. The karaoke was hilarious tho

Kinnikuman 1-6
The first arc, silly daily adventures of the loser who didn't know he was a prince. His dad is really the worst tho… then again Suguru's not some shining paragon either. Tho these early episodes make something evident that make later staff picks bizarre… neither of the girls introduced to the supporting cast have a thing for him at all, one is hooked on his rival Terryman and the other his sidekick coach Meat. Which makes the later decision to have them replace his canon girlfriend with one of them all the weirder.
Kinnikuman 7
Arc 2, the Chojin Olympics begin with a cast that makes G-Gundam look reserved and respectable. It is definitely something from the beginning of the 80's. Well and the fact most of them are mailed in fan designs from kids, I blame the editor. And of course it doesn't start with a fight, but testing a different skill… with rock paper scissors?! And Suguru got challenged by a guy with pinchers XD.

Definitely seeing why this run is still highly enjoyed in Japan, most of the filler is extra gags and there's some decent ones. Tho if they haven't read the manga there's gonna be some very confused watchers on the new show XD. Tho even excluding all the dates gags, depictions and other issues, a huge reason the pre scramble for the throne anime would never get picked up is all the blatant references, digs and cameos by some rather big characters(my count so far: Ultraman, Kamen Rider, Getter Robo, The Hulk, and a couple others. They did change Superman tho). Unless it fell under fair use the licensing would be a nightmare.
Note: I'd probably recommend the manga version. At least it cleans up towards the end and I can already tell the anime is gonna have the questionable ones they find fun hang out long beyond where they left in the manga.

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
you're doing it wrong if you aren't watching jellyfish /girls band cry together lol

Jellyfish 5
this was another good episode exploring the exposure to online fame and the impacts it can have on oneself esteem
boy oh boy was that shit gay i was like this seems like a aquarium date bonding then that kiss happened !

Band Cry 5
those poor people trying to eat having to sit through this drama!

these girls get along so well Subaru lives for the drama , joking aside this continues to get better each week some quality It's MyGO first Live vibes
don't know if i need to repeat this but this show is top tier

Whisper 5
heyyyy it doesn't look nearly as bad as last week but i doubt the actual movement or lack of in the animation is gonna get any better too damn spoiled by the great direction in the other girl band shows ,😭😭😭😭 cooking mama club arc is bringing in even more drama then that ending

kajiu 8 4

all clicked since this was gonna be pretty by the books despite this twist of a reveal so early on , still lots of mentions of power levels has me going is this gonna matter at all later on this is still entertaining enough judging on where it goes now

never seen a show darken the screen that much for crazy flashing effects !

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
never seen a show darken the screen that much for crazy flashing effects !

AFAIK its japanese law for broadcasting TV ever since the pokemon episode that got people seizures

They dimm the fuck out of everything that has blinking/flashing light and release undimmed on the bluray later

Check this out

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SPMfjI1gjE&t=58s

Crunchyroll can only release what is given to them and for JJK and Kaiju 8 they are only getting the TV dimmed version =/

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Overt Yuri Band Show Episode 5

I get what they were trying to do but by every other metric these two should have become a rather intense couple.

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
AFAIK its japanese law for broadcasting TV ever since the pokemon episode that got people seizures

They dimm the fuck out of everything that has blinking/flashing light and release undimmed on the bluray later

Check this out

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SPMfjI1gjE&t=58s

Crunchyroll can only release what is given to them and for JJK and Kaiju 8 they are only getting the TV dimmed version =/

yeah i remember the reasoning behind it was just funny watching it go on for so long and get darker lol

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Kaiju 04
People are saying this is the chunnin exams, but I'm getting more of a My Hero Academia entrance exam vibe. Kaiju scene was dope as hell, unfortunately had to deal with the dimming tho. I'll never forgive you, Porygon.

"Just pass them, we need a comedy duo!" LMAOOOO, Hoshino is such an ass. Gonna need a therapist for Shinomiya, her dad is trash for that type of parenting.

Love Song 04
Too lazy to read the manga, so I decided to watch the anime and complain each week.
Brooo, how do you make the band performance a slideshow 😫

That ending 😬😬, I really hope that the love triangle doesn't kill the sweet vibes of this series.
Oh god, please don't EVER remind me of Yuri is My Job.

One Piece 1103
That Kaku scene did not need to look that good. It did look good tho. Pacing was soooo slow this episode.

Yozakura Familia 05
A balloon in your mouth????
The chalk bullet scene was dope, though the rest of the classroom scene was sooo stupid, albeit in a funny way. Kyo should teach more often.

The obnoxious couple was very... obnoxious, but I liked their sweaters, Ken² 😂. I would like more scenes of Mutsumi and Taiyo just being a couple pls, thanks.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Sound Euphonium S3 05
I'm surprised that they didn't have auditions before every competition in the first place, that makes way more sense. Gonna be a gut punch if someone makes it in the first competition but not the next one tho

Broo, that water when Kumiko was cleaning her mouthpiece was animated so well for no reason, what is Kyoani on. Kumiko skipping the festival to go to Reina's house huh 🫣
Wonderful episode, I loved the festival scenes coupled together with Kumiko and Reina's duet.

Appraisal Isekai 05
Another timeskip already, jeez. Ars is still so smol tho. Him being absolutely terrified of his fiancée is SO funny lol. They are sooo adorable. Tho I think we might have a yandere in the making looool

Is Charlotte jealous? Girl, he's NINE 😭
FINALLY, he tells someone about his ability.

Grandpa and Grandma 05
What a super sweet and super cute episode. Oh my god, that piano scene ripped my fucking heart out. And when she remembers 😭😭

Yatagarasu 05
Weekly "the prince is such an ass" mention. How do you bet your own employee? Mr. Krabs type of move. It would've helped to tell him earlier that it was for gathering intel. Yukiya can't even get a revenge punch when he came back for him lol

I love that Yukiya just gets more Kumquats as it goes on lmaooo. Episodes feel like they're 5 minutes long.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
So, kind of want to watch some Eupho S3 for that KyoAni goodness that I didn't have for a long time, even if S2 was a steep decline for my tastes. What movie(s) should I see prior to S3?

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
So, kind of want to watch some Eupho S3 for that KyoAni goodness that I didn't have for a long time, even if S2 was a steep decline for my tastes. What movie(s) should I see prior to S3?
1. Liz and the Blue Bird
2. Movie 3 - Our Promise: A Brand New Day
3. Ensemble Contest

The first two are on Crunchyroll, but the Ensemble Contest you'll have to find elsewhere

viral

Oct 25, 2017
4 episodes into T.P. Bon, and it's fun, but I find the premise a little stupid. Why would there be an organization made for the sole purpose of saving lives in various time periods, but only the ones that are insignificant and don't alter history in any way? What's the point? Even in episode 4 they were like, okay, we averted the storm, we don't really care if he dies tomorrow from dehydration though. So seriously, what's the point?

Anyway, flawed premise aside, it's really fun, and seeing the various time periods and historical places is cool. Also surprisingly bloody, and definitely not a kid's show as I was led to believe.

Edit: Okay, episode 5 was brutal, yep, definitely not a kids show.

Last edited:

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
Koukyuu no Karasu episodes 1 to 4

For everyone suffering from a lack of Maomao and Jinshi just go watch this

so far, wholesome AF

Amazing animation too

koukyuu_no_karasu_10876.webp

Koukyuu-no-Karasu-01-15.jpg

ee-6.jpg

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Yuri Camp episode 5

MEAAATTTTTTTTTTT!
Nadeshiko, why are you sleeping with Aya? You should be sleeping with your wife, Rin.

Aqua's Butt episode 4

We gets a bunches of "Explosions!" in this episode.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Jellyfish Can't Yuri In The Night episode 5

Chuuuuuuuuuuu! That was such a cute kiss. Hopefully it'll grow into something more.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ 1-...1?
Weird for them to do basically a recap episode of the previous shows, but then ALSO slip in a tiny bit of new info to set the stage for the actual start of the show (basically what happened to a bunch of characters and who a bunch of the new people are, though I guess none of it is critical to understanding the actual first episode), and then ALSO insert some weird random other stuff like a "Who's that Pokemon?" section and a montage sequence that bizarrely includes the original OP song from Zeta despite it not actually showing up in Crunchyroll's version of Zeta itself.

Anyways, actual episode 1 surprised me in that it starts almost literally right after Zeta ends. Also surprised that it wasn't terrible, but it's probably too early to form any judgments about the show yet; I already know a little bit of why people don't like ZZ and I think it makes sense as a criticism, but also, how much worse can the show get than Rosammy? Like, Rosammy is DIRE man.

I probably shouldn't post about this show here anymore, though, because ANIME JA NAI [robot voice] ANIME JA NAI

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ 1-...1?
Weird for them to do basically a recap episode of the previous shows, but then ALSO slip in a tiny bit of new info to set the stage for the actual start of the show (basically what happened to a bunch of characters and who a bunch of the new people are, though I guess none of it is critical to understanding the actual first episode), and then ALSO insert some weird random other stuff like a "Who's that Pokemon?" section and a montage sequence that bizarrely includes the original OP song from Zeta despite it not actually showing up in Crunchyroll's version of Zeta itself.

Anyways, actual episode 1 surprised me in that it starts almost literally right after Zeta ends. Also surprised that it wasn't terrible, but it's probably too early to form any judgments about the show yet; I already know a little bit of why people don't like ZZ and I think it makes sense as a criticism, but also, how much worse can the show get than Rosammy? Like, Rosammy is DIRE man.

I probably shouldn't post about this show here anymore, though, because ANIME JA NAI [robot voice] ANIME JA NAI
FYI it aired like 2 weeks after Zeta ended, so that recap was for the animation crew to regroup for the new show. It's also why they go direct on the tone shift, zeta ended on such a pyrrhic note Tomino decided it was time to lighten things up for a little bit.

Also I always figured that OP meant it in the sarcastic way, in the "not your dad's rock n roll" esqe joking

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
4 episodes into T.P. Bon, and it's fun, but I find the premise a little stupid. Why would there be an organization made for the sole purpose of saving lives in various time periods, but only the ones that are insignificant and don't alter history in any way? What's the point? Even in episode 4 they were like, okay, we averted the storm, we don't really care if he dies tomorrow from dehydration though. So seriously, what's the point?

Anyway, flawed premise aside, it's really fun, and seeing the various time periods and historical places is cool. Also surprisingly bloody, and definitely not a kid's show as I was led to believe.

Edit: Okay, episode 5 was brutal, yep, definitely not a kids show.
Yeah, the premise is some real nonsense but it's still a fun time. I decided not to think too deeply about the time travel rules just so I don't hurt my head lmao

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
FYI it aired like 2 weeks after Zeta ended, so that recap was for the animation crew to regroup for the new show. It's also why they go direct on the tone shift, zeta ended on such a pyrrhic note Tomino decided it was time to lighten things up for a little bit.

Also I always figured that OP meant it in the sarcastic way, in the "not your dad's rock n roll" esqe joking

Holy crap. That turnaround is insane. A 50-episode season followed immediately by an almost 50-episode season sounds absolutely insane by today's standards. But I guess I should've figured that kind of thing happened a lot given the anime shows that have over a thousand episodes.

I figured re: the OP, it's just funny to me that the OP is so meta (and also just the robot voice wtf). Plus it's catchy!

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Holy crap. That turnaround is insane. A 50-episode season followed immediately by an almost 50-episode season sounds absolutely insane by today's standards. But I guess I should've figured that kind of thing happened a lot given the anime shows that have over a thousand episodes.

I figured re: the OP, it's just funny to me that the OP is so meta (and also just the robot voice wtf). Plus it's catchy!
Yeah they used to churn out things, with the animation errors and burnouts to match, tho there were less each season compared to nowadays. Adaptions tended to get the a teams tho. Although those in turn could make some wild changes(if you thought fan-shipping could be bad, you should see what several 80's anime adaption writers did for their faves. Ranma's helped make one character more relatable whereas she went full Yandere in the source. Meanwhile Kinnikuman anime wrote out the female lead and primary love interest for 2 other characters that disappeared when she showed up in the manga… and were actually interested in/paired with characters other than the lead in the manga and even in the early anime!).

Well I mean you gotta have a solid OP and ED following up a show with 3 covers of Neil Sedaka songs(first OP and both EDs). Tho hah yeah I've had Anime Ja Nai on my normal driving playlist forever

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
Euphonium -5
Kumiko and Reina episode Kumiko and Reina episode i repeat Kumiko and Reina episode ,why does this show keep doing this to us 😭😭😭😭
My hero 2024 -1 since i can't remember what season we are on

music was decent watched the op last night just to hear it song slowed down the course tempo so much kept baiting me till it finally dropped at the end lol
shes here! at least she made it through the whole first episode

jobless 5 welp outta a lot of characters in this series for sure Norn is one of the ones i feel very bad for poor kid , though again this was all set up to reflect his past actions/life and the show didn't really bother to reprimanded his awful behavior as much even after portraying it so irrationally but i guess this still counts for character growth