TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Wow she is still relevant to the right? I thought they had new gens of fascists and white nationalists. God I hated her during Bush years
To me, it doesn't matter if she's relevant because she said what she meant to his face regardless and it's making rounds.

People really think they will be accepted by them. You will always be a used napkin to them.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
It's weird seeing any non-white/non-cis person stand with the modern GOP when they have crystal clearly stated "we hate you and everything that birthed you. Our vision DOES NOT INLCUDE YOU."

Vivek sucks but brother, what's the end-game? Is it money and (temporary) power? is that so enticing?

Yes, to your last point. It's the easiest and most lucrative grift around if you have the slightest bit of charisma, and all it takes is completely selling your integrity, dignity, basic humanity and soul.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
This woman, Ingraham, and that Tomi woman on Twitter. I always get them mixed up.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
"There is a core national identity that is the identity of the WASP," she said, using an acronym for White Anglo-Saxon Protestant. "And that doesn't mean we can't take anyone else in ― a Sri Lankan or a Japanese, or an Indian. But the core around which the nation's values are formed is the WASP."

It is fucking crazy how normalized public white supremacy has become on the right in such a short period of time. Like, the sentiment was there, but this sort of outward, "We cannot vote for anybody who isn't a white protestant" is new.

Also just the phrasing "A Sri Lankan, an Indian, a Japanese."

While Coulter doesn't have a prominent show on Fox anymore, she's still very influential on the right. She single handedly caused the 2018->2019 Trump government shutdown, the longest government shutdown in American history, and something that was previously unheard of ... a government shutdown when one party holds both chambers of congress and the presidency.

Oct 30, 2017
It's pretty much been Ann Coulter's shtick. She just says what her peers won't say. Her peers are cowards.

Her racism is overt. And it's probably the only thing keeping her semi-relevant in politics today.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Isn't she still a Fox News host?

What's crazy to me is the number of MAGAs on social media who see it as a sign of class and dignity (rather than cowardice and desperation) that Vivek continues to engage with Ann as a reasonable person once she dismisses his political aspirations because of his familial origins. It was always there, but to see them put in writing "this is how model minorities should behave around whites, it's great that he knows his place"...how can any self-respecting minority (or LGBTQ person, or woman) be in *this* version of the GOP?
He's not self respecting. He's craven.

I still wonder how many GOP voters know of Nikki Haley's heritage.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
It is fucking crazy how normalized public white supremacy has become on the right in such a short period of time. Like, the sentiment was there, but this sort of outward, "We cannot vote for anybody who isn't a white protestant" is new.

Also just the phrasing "A Sri Lankan, an Indian, a Japanese."

While Coulter doesn't have a prominent show on Fox anymore, she's still very influential on the right. She single handedly caused the 2018->2019 Trump government shutdown, the longest government shutdown in American history, and something that was previously unheard of ... a government shutdown when one party holds both chambers of congress and the presidency.
Public white supremacy was always normalized, its the default. For my entire 30+ years of existence, Latinos have been openly shit on with gusto in the national rhetoric and locally.

Jan 1, 2024
Midgar
Anyone with self-awareness knew why Vivek wouldn't get far.
There's Republicans that think he's Muslim. Which shouldn't be surprising, they can't tell "da brown people" apart. As far as they're concerned, they're all bad.
This kind of thinking always makes me laugh being a Turk, so many of us can pass as White Europeans and Republican Racists will think Hindus and Sikhs are Muslims before they will think most Turks are Muslim LOL.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
WAKE UP VIVEK these racist white supremacist will never accept you…..sala panchod

So busy kissing their feet. And he's a billionaire! What an absolute shameless tool.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
I got banned at NeoGAF for a comment I made about her. It's hard not to say it again.

JSRF

"This guy are sick"
Aug 23, 2023
The way she teed herself up for the "articulate" dig is so damn weird.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
I don't normally give two shits about this stuff but this sounded too wild to have been quoted verbatim even from the typical MAGA pundit crowd, so I listened to the clip myself. Boy was I wrong

And let's not forget the weird prequel line from her either: "You are so bright and articulate, and I guess I can call you articulate since you're not an American black. Can't say that about them, that's derogatory."

nopattern

Nov 25, 2017
Holy shit, how did you let some disrpect you like that then be like, 'Durrr thank you for you honesty'

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
not gonna lie, his reaction was actually super funny
tumblr_mylxwbP9Wr1rilak9o1_400.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Anti-Blackness is the foundation upon which America continues to operate and has always operated, providing the easiest and most profitable path to becoming embraced by the Conservative ruling class and their voters, especially if you're a non-Black minority.

How does that LBJ quote go? "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Hers is a name I haven't heard in a long time. I remember her being awful but was she always so openly and explicitly white nationalist, or is that another sign of the shifting window?

i guess if there's any distinction her heyday was around the Clinton and Bush eras, when saying racist stuff would turn heads (and in her case sell books) but obviously post MAGA that's just a ripple in a pond

Dec 30, 2020
All I remember of her is her cameo in the World War Z novel where she and Bill Maher are desperately making out while a bodyguard flees a doomed "celebrity reality show bunker."

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
Not worth watching the rest of the podcast but I'm guessing she was trying to make a "joke" or sarcastic, just like the "joke" about him being articulate/not "American black" whatever the hell that means.

Not that it matters cause no matter what it's a trash thing to say and coming out of a trashy person's mouth. How they think these "jokes" are appropriate is astonishing.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
They are both just irrelevant people desperate for attention in any way they can get it. There's no reason to give it to them.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Hers is a name I haven't heard in a long time. I remember her being awful but was she always so openly and explicitly white nationalist, or is that another sign of the shifting window?

I don't know if she was as open about it but this certainly is no revelation either (whether she outright said it like she did here it was very obvious).

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Isn't she still a Fox News host?

What's crazy to me is the number of MAGAs on social media who see it as a sign of class and dignity (rather than cowardice and desperation) that Vivek continues to engage with Ann as a reasonable person once she dismisses his political aspirations because of his familial origins. It was always there, but to see them put in writing "this is how model minorities should behave around whites, it's great that he knows his place"...how can any self-respecting minority (or LGBTQ person, or woman) be in *this* version of the GOP?

In my dad's case... he got sucked into trying to prove he was "one of the good ones". Except my dad can never admit (even to himself) that he's wrong so he totally has bought the bullshit since before Fox News (before Fox it was Rush Limbaugh).

From what my mom tells me (they are divorced), when he moved to America he went to Savannah, GA. and came up across a lot of racism. So, his reaction was to prove to them he was, "one of the good ones". So to speak. Totally sad but that was 40+ years ago and it's totally part of him now. I joke that he forgets he's not white. Hell, the one time I met his sisters (When they came to visit us in the US) that still lived in the philipinnes they were giving him shit cause he forgot how to speak tagala.

What's worse is he totally bitches about illegal immigrants. Guess who didn't stay here legally/overstayed his green card (and with the help of some law pushed by a democrat post 2000 is now a citizen). Course he'll deny it and I am willing to bet he will truly believe his denial to if I confronted him (I know about this cause my mom).

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Every time I hear about Ann Coulter I think about the Boondocks episode.

LordFlash

Mar 24, 2023
...listened politely and later praised her on X (formerly Twitter) for "having the guts to speak her mind."

LMAO Imagine being such a spineless piece of shit that when you have racism thrown in your face you respond with "wow you are brave for saying that".

Feb 9, 2018
The Coultergeist still haunts us, huh? I remember when she was one of the right's top pundits back in the Bush era. She was always on Real Time (which I watched regularly back then, well before Maher entered his anti-woke transphobe phase) and I remember her books were being hawked everywhere. She did have one or two stopped-clock moments (I recall she criticized the Texas abortion law a couple of months back), but she has long been among the most vile members of the GOP's private army of for-profit propagandists. She had some of the most god-awful takes I ever heard back in the 00s, from parroting the claim that "liberals hate America and are traitors" to all of her loony tunes religious beliefs.

Looking back at it, it's no surprise the American conservative movement metastasized into the foaming-at-the-mouth conspiranoid MAGAs they are now. There's a straight line from Rush Limbaugh to Ann Coulter to the Fox News prime-time goon squad to assholes like the Daily Wire and Libs of Tiktok. Conservatives have been primed for decades to run headlong into supporting full mask-off fascism. The GOP and right-wing pundits have just been steadily normalizing ever more hateful rhetoric and ever more outlandish conspiracy theories, but the fundamentals of this were already in play a long time ago.

Foolhardy

May 4, 2024
Didn't think Ramaswamy could get any more pathetic but there it is.

Longtime BFF with Bill Maher too.

Their last appearance in World War Z was wild.

All I remember of her is her cameo in the World War Z novel where she and Bill Maher are desperately making out while a bodyguard flees a doomed "celebrity reality show bunker."

I just remembered:

Henry Rollins narrated that part in the audiobook. It all comes together.

Last edited:

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
JFC she comes out swinging with the racism from he start. Like, I'm not even surprised, but still shocking to see it so blatant.

Oct 27, 2017

Holy shit. How have I never seen this? How is Henry Rollins always this awesome?

Now my turn for an any excuse to post something Henry Rollins related...

Somehow hilariously related and perfectly speaks to the relationship between the MAGA audience and their shit eating talking heads / politicians:

View: https://youtu.be/awY1MRlMKMc?si=PHnh4GrvGtOVpKcA

Last edited:

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
He needed to hear it tbh. Don't know what he's thinking going in with the GOP, he's a moron but he shouldn't be this deluded

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes, Bill Maher's good friend.

Don't know how the hell he managed to convince anyone he wasn't an asshole when he was constantly hobnobbing with that ghoul.

MR2

Apr 14, 2022
He lit up like a kid on Christmas morning when the jokes were about black folk, only to receive some anti-brown coal.

Oct 25, 2017
It will eternally fascinate me how a brown-skinned man who insists racism is dead in America continually has racism thrown directly in his face by the biggest faces of the party he supports at every possible turn, wince-smiling through it all.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Ann Coulter once dated Dinesh D'Souza. What happened?

Anyway, love seeing this pathetic little tool Vivek debase himself to these people just to get shit on.