saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll just refer you to post #70.

So on one hand you say you are not pro-DRM, but then on the other hand keep pushing a narrative that whoever is against DRM must certainly be an angry pirate in disguise just spreading lies?

Have you tried it recently? The problem has been fixed for a couple of hours now.

I haven't, thanks for letting me know. Any word on what the problem was?

KatiePT

Jan 25, 2018
So on one hand you say you are not pro-DRM, but then on the other hand keep pushing a narrative that whoever is against DRM must certainly be an angry pirate

I've explicitly, very carefully said that NOT everyone who is against DRM is an angry pirate.

Somehow I feel you won't be very charitable at interpreting my posts.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
The always online DRM for this game, and all single player games, is long overdue for removal.

It's not DRM(Tages) that caused this problem, but game has features tied to online server (god knows why), so removing isn't simple as uploading exe without DRM. So removal for this game is pipe dream, I mean ubisoft don't even bother removing easy DRMs.
Offline mode exists and still works, but nerfs game play.

It's kinda sad to see games go back to this online tied progression, with games like Hitman, Division, Ghost Recon Wildlands. It's worse than standard DRM imo, as eventually when game servers are brought down, part of or even whole game will become unplayable.

KatiePT

Jan 25, 2018
It's not DRM(Tages) that caused this problem, but game has features tied to online server (god knows why)

Because of their monthly World Events and the related reward chart that monitors the global progress of the event. That is my guess.

Btw haven't they patched the DRM out from this game? I've played it like a year ago, for the one World Event I still didn't complete, and I haven't noticed any prompts for entering my serial key (which is what Tages usually does). My memory may be wrong though.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Because of their monthly World Events and the related reward chart that monitors the global progress of the event. That is my guess.

Btw haven't they patched the DRM out from this game? I've played it like a year ago, for the one World Event I still didn't complete, and I haven't noticed any prompts for entering my serial key (which is what Tages usually does). My memory may be wrong though.

"Incorporates 3rd-party DRM: TAGES™
3 machine activation limit"

from Steam page. So presumably it's not removed.

CD key is in some cases handled automatically, so it could be that too.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've explicitly, very carefully said that NOT everyone who is against DRM is an angry pirate.

Somehow I feel you won't be very charitable at interpreting my posts.

Heh i feel like my interpretation of your posts is pretty on point even if the way i expressed myself wasn't admittedly the best. But there's nothing to gain here so i won't press you further.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Because a large percentage of steam games have no actual DRM.

And no I'm not defending DRM.

I think in ANNO's case Ubi Soft just didn't care. They made a new Anno, there is a brand new game coming out this year (or next), they simply didn't care about a 7 year old game.

Which isn't surprisingly but sad to see still and worrying.

lilpump

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
There is any legitimate argument for drm in game's, it doesn't stop piracy and damages the consumers experience.