thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
There's some Michael Richards "I'm not a racist, that's what's so insane about this" energy in that apology.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I just had a disciplinary hearing involving a an employing shouting disparaging, derogatory, and sexist language towards his supervisor during a disagreement. His defense? Diabetes!

I guess this cop out it pretty common

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So he calls them the N word with a hard R just because they peacefully knelt during the anthem....but he claims he isn't racist?

Wat

Kelsdesu

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Seriously GTFO with that shit.
Came here for that. Was not disappointed bless you, Era 🙏🏿.

WMBT27

Oct 25, 2017
Between the appeals to his faith and the insinuation that this isn't who he is I was half expecting him to call a home run in the middle of that press release.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
"You said the N word"
"Yes"
"Then that makes you a racist."
"But I'm not a racist I have diabetes."
303.png

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Oh, that's just straight and blatant. Like I was expecting something else, something milder for some reason. And yeah, diabetes does seem like a weak excuse. Now don't get me wrong, diabetics can be racist too. But the diabetes or blood sugar has absolutely nothing to do with it. Anothee thing, I still dont understand how the hell kneeling makes people so worked up. I guess it's the racism, since it's not the blood sugar. Any complaints about the kneeling seems like a sure way to spot a racist or atleast a person who lacks any empathy at all.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
What bothers me just as much is how many people will believe kneeling for the anthem is "just as bad". Or actually believe his bullshit and be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Racists disgust me.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
These aren't grown as professional players who are 'overpaid', he felt that way about a bunch of fucking innocent teenagers. I don't have the words for the level of contempt I have for his life, all the worst for him.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Also the only reason we know this happened was by accident. Makes you wonder just how often this kind of thing happens behind the scenes at the various levels of competition in sports.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I find the "I'm a FAMILY MAN with TWO KIDS" way more offensive.

What the does that have to do with anything.

I assume that is supposed to mean "Let me be racist with no consequences! Think of what it will do to my children if I have to face any consequences for being a racist asshole!"

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017

I assume that is supposed to mean "Let me be racist with no consequences! Think of what it will do to my children if I have to face any consequences for being a racist asshole!"
Yeah, that's a pretty blatant 'I have a family, don't ruin my career for the thing I did' defence.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
saluting the flag doesn't benefit anyone. seems to me the whole ritual is simply a patriotism test designed to root out new people to be enemies of america and keep the endless culture war machine humming.

True Underdog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I didn't realize this was done at a freakin high school game.......holy shit.

"I am a family man." - So are many racists.
"I am married." - So are many racists.
"I have two children." - So do many racists.
"I was a youth pastor." - Unsure about this, but safe to say I'm sure many youth pastors are. Wouldn't know anecdotally. I went to an all white church.
"I continue to be a member of a Baptist church." -FREAKIN LOL See above. White Baptist Churches are some of the most racist ones.

LOL. Yeah, one of my first thoughts after reading that statement was that it's probably not a good idea to hide behind going to a baptist church as a reason for not being racist.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

Here's the thing. People a majority of white people think racism is just loud, and ignorant and people sheets being violent.
This is why people need to realize that people like him who could love their kids, be pillars in the community, go out their way for others in their community can be nasty rotten racists.
Most racists are "nice" people in tons of other aspects of life.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
These aren't grown as professional players who are 'overpaid', he felt that way about a bunch of fucking innocent teenagers. I don't have the words for the level of contempt I have for his life, all the worst for him.

Remember "it's part of their job to stand for the anthem!"

But yeah. Kids man. This is some monster - I hope he is "canceled" forever

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Here's the thing. People a majority of white people think racism is just loud, and ignorant and people sheets being violent.
This is why people need to realize that people like him who could love their kids, be pillars in the community, go out their way for others in their community can be nasty rotten racists.
Most racists are "nice" people in tons of other aspects of life.

This 100%.

Relevant

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
"Man who disparaged a demonstration for the rights of black people, and called them "fucking n******" says he doesn't consider himself racist, blames being in a disoriented state."

What do you even say to that. "Get the fuck outta here, you racist asshole", I guess.

Seems like he's hoping to get off the hook simply by having written what he reckons is a fantastic apology.
Hopefully his employer isn't also a dumb racist asshole and will provide him with the opportunity to take responsibility, like he claims he must.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
My god lol. Some people are racist and insane. He must think everyone else is fucking stupid.

Also, is it normal to have commentators for high school basketball games? That seems odd as a non American

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
My god lol. Some people are racist and insane. He must think everyone else is fucking stupid.

Also, is it normal to have commentators for high school basketball games? That seems odd as a non American
Yeah Hs games get radio broadcasts usually at least some tourneys etc

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Bro. I get SEVERE mood swings from my hypoglycemia and I've never once used a racial slur because my blood sugar bottomed out.

If you're saying that shit when you're delirious, it already lived in your brain in the first place.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Blame it on the rain boogie low blood sugar
Is it too much to expect this dude to get (metaphorically) launched into the sun by administrators soon?

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
As a diabetic, I can assure you I've never experienced a situation where I've said anything remotely close to this during a low or high blood sugar.

One time I got really dizzy and sweaty during a particular glucose spike, but I didn't start shouting KKK rhetoric.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was not expecting full on n-word.

Definitely. Hell, high school football is broadcast on local TV. At least here in Texas.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
What this moron forgets is his kind beat cops and stormed the capital all for a cult. These assholes need to be not only called racist but reminded they are the least patriotic people around.