• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
02c22370-0383-11ed-b7df-e975ddede88a-cf.webp

All Aliens, all the time.
Between Alien: Isolation, Aliens: Fireteam Elite and the upcoming Aliens: Dark Descent, fans of Aliens games already have a number of titles to enjoy or look forward to. Now, Survios is adding another one to the mix.

The studio is working with 20th Century Games on an untitled Aliens game for PC, consoles and virtual reality. It will be a single-player, action-horror game. The developer will reveal more details at a San Diego Comic-Con panel on July 21st.

OP
OP
JigglesBunny

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I want Aliens VR where I am the Alien. Let me crawl in vents.

Mad_Rhetoric

Banned
May 7, 2019
Please don't be more cheap crap like Fireteam Elite.

How hard is it to make an actual good Aliens game? Sigh.....

erikNORML

Oct 30, 2017
Wait. WHAT? There's a good VR Westworld game? How do I not know this?

I almost overlooked it thinking it was some short licensed "experience" thing, but don't sleep on it. Some of the better graphics I've seen in VR, new original story, great voice work, nice puzzles and stealth. I thought it was fantastic and you can probably pick it up super cheap at this point. Also chunks of the gameplay are a lot like an alien isolation type game with this recurring host coming after you.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
That sounds great so far but i hope it's not VR only tho.
Anyway, i'm excited for more info during next week.
Edit:
There's additional info in the game's website, it says that it's a UE5 game and takes place between Alien and Aliens.
The main character seems to be a veteran soldier who has a vendetta against the xenomorphs.

Last edited:

Mad_Rhetoric

Banned
May 7, 2019
Alien Isolation was eight years ago, the article makes it sound like we've had a glut of Alien games.

Exactly. Isolation was the last good thing we got. And Colonial Marines before that also sucked.

How many Alien games are they going to make in the span of a few years?

Too many. Idk why they keep outsourcing the fucking ALIENS ip to these no-name d-tier shovelware mobile game studios like wtf. Why haven't they greenlit a AAA story driven, single player, first person, survival horror/action Aliens game, it's baffling. Fuck gearbox/randy p for Colonial Marines, they really poisoned the well.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
I almost overlooked it thinking it was some short licensed "experience" thing, but don't sleep on it. Some of the better graphics I've seen in VR, new original story, great voice work, nice puzzles and stealth. I thought it was fantastic and you can probably pick it up super cheap at this point. Also chunks of the gameplay are a lot like an alien isolation type game with this recurring host coming after you.

Sold. Thank you sir. I shall check back in with my experience.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I was going to say, that game isn't perfect but it's better than it has any right to be and has some good production values. Plus the main stealth gameplay is pretty similar to Alien Isolation.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, was hoping for an experience that allowed me to actually shit myself with fear while wearing a VR helmet.

erikNORML

Oct 30, 2017
Cool, was hoping for an experience that allowed me to actually shit myself with fear while wearing a VR helmet.

Having played the Alien Isolation VR Mod, if this is anything close to that experience, make sure to stock up on some clean skivvies.

Sold. Thank you sir. I shall check back in with my experience.

Please do! You inspired me to reinstall it and give it another run-through. If you like Westworld and some good horror/stealth gameplay I can't imagine you'll be disappointed.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Just here to mention WestWorld Awakening as some already have. Probably my favorite game out of Survios, which doesn't seem to get talked about all that much (about 3-4 hours in length).

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
Too many. Idk why they keep outsourcing the fucking ALIENS ip to these no-name d-tier shovelware mobile game studios like wtf. Why haven't they greenlit a AAA story driven, single player, first person, survival horror/action Aliens game, it's baffling. Fuck gearbox/randy p for Colonial Marines, they really poisoned the well.

Isolation also was a financial failure, IIRC, even if it's quality was higher.

If you're going to sell based on a nostalgic brand (that actually does not appear to have selling power), might as well keep things cheap.