• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You Better Not Shout,

You Better Not Cry

You better Not Pout

I'm Telling you why

giphy.gif

Christmas Celebrations are coming back to town.

(Wait, that's not how the song goes...)

With the return of december, it's time to break out the Advent Calenders, instead of opening up a door and getting a small piece of chocolate, how about an Advent Calendar fulll of Christmas Cartoons and Seasonal Specials?

For everyday in December, I will post a Christmas Cartoon (Primarily from the western side of the world) for you to track down, watch, hopefully enjoy and discuss, There are numerous ways you can attempt to watch it, find the special playing on TV, watch it on a catch up service, trawl through your Netflix or amazon prime video players and see if it's there, buy it from Itunes or maybe even dust off the old VHS or DVD that has it recorded,

We did this list last year as well, we won't be repeating any cartoons from last year, but if you want to see what was on the list last year, or even have 2 cartoons a day to watch. You can find the list here:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-christmas-cartoon-specials-advent-calendar-2017.9004/

This list will be a mix of Christmas classics of old,some newer more recent Christmas specials and some hidden gems that deserve more attentions than they have. Perfect for the whole family to enjoy. If you have seen them, or once you've finished watching, feel free to discuss about the special and any other Christmas specials you enjoy (Be aware there is a chance that special may show up in the calendar on a later day though!)

We also have special days, new to this year every sunday will be "Something for the adults", a christmas special from shows that may not be suitable for your younger kids. Christmas Carol adaptions will be on Monday this time around, showing all the various weird and wonderful ways Charles Dickens famous story has been adapted. And Thursday once again see's the return of the Lump of Christmas Coals, some of the worst christmas specials around for only the bravest to take on.

syHsgntoHlC5jetAUVBAP1-pQQIUwJ7QkQ6lwCBRSX9QJkmxCxh3cR0wxNQPl7h1nJGZvn_QJS5G0hEZib07GuPFUthvuZv0S8PVO2H7fTZ9KFyyzxmEXcN9jsc0MAjfAAgTahGw

Day 1:
Batman The Animated Series: Christmas with the Joker (1992)

Let's start this year with some good old Batman. Last year we put some spotlight on the excellent Heart of Ice, this year, the Joker has broken out of Arkham on his giant rocket powered Christmas Tree to bring his unique brand of festive cheer to all, can Batman and Robin get the Joker back in Arkham? And will Batman have the time to spare to watch It's a Wonderful Life this Christmas?

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
pF8teZq.png

2017 Christmas Advent Calendar
Day 1: Batman The Animated Series - Christmas with The Joker
Day 2: Bob's Burgers - God Rest Ye Merry Gentle-Mannequins (One for the Adults)
Day 3: A Christmas Carol (1971)
Day 4: Rugrats - Chanukah
Day 5: Chowder - Hey! Hey It's Knishmas!
Day 6: He-Man and She-Ra - A Christmas Special (Lump of Coal)
Day 7: A Garfield Christmas Special
Day 8: Justice League - Comfort and Joy
Day 9: The Boondocks - A Huey Freeman Christmas (One for the Adults)
Day 10: The Looney Tunes Show - A Chirstmas Carol
Day 11: Duck the Halls - A Mickey Mouse Christmas Special
Day 12: Spongebob Squarepants - Christmas Who?
Day 13: Christmas comes to Pac-Land (Lump of Coal)
Day 14: Robbie the Reindeer in Hooves of Fire
Day 15: Danger Mouse - The Snowman Cometh
Day 16: Robot Chicken's DP Christmas Special (One for the Adults)
Day 17: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - A Hearth's Warming Tail
Day 18: Dragons - Gift of the Nightfury
Day 19: Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too
Day 20: Rapsittie Street Kids: Believe in Santa (Lump of Coal)
Day 21: Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!
Day 22: The Simpsons - Holidays of Future Passed
Day 23: American Dad - For Whom the Sleigh Bells Toll (One for the Adults)
Day 24: Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol
Day 25: Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas
Day 26: Adventure Time - Holly Jolly Secrets (Part 1 + 2)
Day 27: Regular Show - The Christmas Special
Day 28: Rocko's Modern Christmas!: Can't Squeeze Cheer from a Cheese Log
Day 29: Father Christmas
Day 30: South Park - Woodland Critter Christmas
Day 31: Annabelle's Wish
As for time of upload, goal is to post it between 7pm and 10pm GMT... as of today I'm posting it at 10:30pm GMT so not off to best of starts admittingly. Some days will be significantly earlier if I have personal events that day, or if it's the big day like Christmas itself. There will be one posted each day, and the list has already been decided on.

Last edited:

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Yaay new advent calendar. Thanks for this KillstealWolf.
As for Christmas with the Joker, never forget:
joker02.jpg

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I've been using last year's thread to plan out some holiday viewing, so I'm looking forward to this one.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Forum Maintenance, gotta love 'em. Guess you'll be getting 2 shows today to catch up.

YxSEU6I.png

Day 2: Bob's Burgers
God Rest Ye Merry Gentle-Mannequins (2012)

Every Sunday this year will be "One for the adults", christmas specials from shows that aim for an adult audience, and may not be appropriate for young children. So parents be warned in advance if you are watching these specials with your young ones.
We'll start off with one of the more tamer shows for the first week. It's certainly one of the more weird ones though, Bob inherits a storage unit from a recently deceased relative, and what's inside the storage unit might help pay for Christmas this year, but everyone is surprised by what is actually inside, or rather, who. To say more is going to spoil this one, but it's certainly a unique christmas tale.​

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
yNyxS3A.png

Day 3: A Christmas Carol (1971)
Mondays are going to be Christmas Carol days up until the 24th of the december. There are so many versions of Charles Dickens classic, some traditional, some a bit more out there. More than enough to dedicate one day of the week to them.
We will start with a fairly traditional take on the story, 1971's adaptation done by Richard Williams. This actually later aired as a theatrical release and won the academy award in 1972, but there was some fuss that what was originally a television short won the award from industry insiders, and the academy changed it's policy next year disqualifying any future works initially shown on television.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Animated only. Queue up Rocko's Modern Christmas.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
rgnKAFe.png

Day 4: Rugrats
Chanukah (1996)

Yeah, we have a Chanukah/Hanukkah special in our christmas list this year. It happens during the build up to christmas so what better time to talk about it? It tells the story of Chanukah through the eyes of Tommy and the Gang, meanwhile, Grandfather Boris has a feud with his old rival Schlomo about how the local recreation play is supposed to go.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
24KefaG.png

Day 5: Chowder
Hey, Hey It's Knishmas! (2008)

Marzipan City has a very similar holiday to our Christmas, although there are some slight name differences and slightly different activities, the main one being making a Schmingerbread House to delight to impress Knish Krinkle so he vomits up presents for you (or unleash all his rage on you if he hates your Schmingerbread House). Mung isn't the best at building Schmingerbread Houses, but does he swallow his pride and buy one? And would Chowder accept that?

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
The only ones I've sen of what you've listed is William's A Christmas Carol which I cannot recommend enough. It's the definitive version of the story, in my opinion

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
yl3Xgwy.png

Day 6: He-Man & She-Ra:
A Christmas Special (1985)

Unfortunately, not all christmas specials can be good, that's why Thursdays are the Lump of Coal days, for those christmas cartoons that you don't want to find in your stocking.
There's going to be some really bad ones down the line, but I'll throw a softball for the first week with one that's... disappointing more than bad. Hey look, He-Man and She-Ra teaming up together? How can that be dull? Well, how about we focus on Orko during this crossover, and then the two young kids get involved as main characters as well... at least Skeletor gets into the christmas spirit which will provide some laughs due to how he handles it.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
yl3Xgwy.png

Day 6: He-Man & She-Ra:
A Christmas Special (1985)

Unfortunately, not all christmas specials can be good, that's why Thursdays are the Lump of Coal days, for those christmas cartoons that you don't want to find in your stocking.
There's going to be some really bad ones down the line, but I'll throw a softball for the first week with one that's... disappointing more than bad. Hey look, He-Man and She-Ra teaming up together? How can that be dull? Well, how about we focus on Orko during this crossover, and then the two young kids get involved as main characters as well... at least Skeletor gets into the christmas spirit which will provide some laughs due to how he handles it.

I actually saw that was on Syfy for some weird reason a few days ago.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
KpAQfXT.png

Day 7: A Garfield Christmas Special (1987)
Everyone's favourite monday hating cat is getting into the holiday cheer, as Jon takes him to the countryside to celebrate christmas with his family, Garfield isn't 100% convinced, but he seems to make good friends with Jon's Grandma, Odie's also got a secret project in the works. I wonder what it is...

(And yes, I was planning to originally post this on a monday, but then I remembered thats the Christmas Carol days now, whoops).

RC.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
KpAQfXT.png

Everyone's favourite monday hating cat is getting into the holiday cheer, as Jon takes him to the countryside to celebrate christmas with his family, Garfield isn't 100% convinced, but he seems to make good friends with Jon's Grandma, Odie's also got a secret project in the works. I wonder what it is...

(And yes, I was planning to originally post this on a monday, but then I remembered thats the Christmas Carol days now, whoops).

I'm a sucker for any Garfield holiday special, with this one probably being my favourite. But I usually save this special for Christmas Eve.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the late advent, went around friends and the party lasted longer than I expected it to. Like, a lot, lot, longer. (Darn you Smash).

TfcwrM1.png

Day 8: Justice League
Comfort and Joy (2003)

In a fun twist for once, the world is already saved. Now it's time for everyone to celebrate christmas, only problem is some of the members like Hawkgirl and Martian Manhunter don't have any idea how to celebrate it, Green Lantern and Superman might be able to help. Meanwhile even the fastest man alive The Flash is struggling to find that one toy the kids want in the christmas shops.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
eeWyK7m.png

Day 9: The Boondocks -
A Huey Freeman Christmas (2005)
What happens when you hand Huey Freeman full creative control of the school's christmas play? Well, trouble with the adminstration when Heuy wants a Black Jesus as starters. Riley also is going to wage war on Santa Claus? Why? Well, watch and find out.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
eeWyK7m.png

Day 9: The Boondocks -
A Huey Freeman Christmas (2005)
What happens when you hand Huey Freeman full creative control of the school's christmas play? Well, trouble with the adminstration when Heuy wants a Black Jesus as starters. Riley also is going to wage war on Santa Claus? Why? Well, watch and find out.

"Don't look at Quincy Jones! Quincy Jones ain't gonna help you!"

Classic.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
DCBEX3b.png

Day 10: The Looney Tunes Show -
A Christmas Carol (2012)
Looney Tunes has a couple of Christmas Carol adaptations in the past, this one however is a stage production by...

Lola Bunny.

...and she did some rewrites...

Bugs is rightfully terrified.

A giant heatwave covering the city isn't helping matters, but Foghorn Leghorn and Daffy have a plan that (might) solve the heatwave. But can anything save the show?

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

e3jWk8y.png

Day 11: Duck the Halls: A Mickey Mouse Christmas Special (2016)

It's Christmas time and Mickey Mouse is the mouse about town you go to for Christmas Celebrations. Donald Duck and all the other ducks have to Migrate South for Christmas. But what happens when Donald stays with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and the gang? Not that many good things for Donald to be perfectly honest.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to say thank you for this thread, it's a great idea. I'm a sucker for old Christmas cartoons. I usually a few days before Christmas sit down with a holiday themed beer or two and peruse Youtube watching old 80s Christmas specials. The Pacman cartoon one is one of my favorites for some reason.

It'll be fun this year to have a targeted list.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
LymaTDC.png

Day 12: Spongebob Squarepants:
Christmas Who? (2000)​

Patchy the pirate is here to tell us the story of the very first christmas at Bikini Bottom, everyone seems excited for the arrival of Santa Claus... except Squidward, of course, but how will the night turn out? Will Santa show up?

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA

e3jWk8y.png

Day 11: Duck the Halls: A Mickey Mouse Christmas Special (2016)

It's Christmas time and Mickey Mouse is the mouse about town you go to for Christmas Celebrations. Donald Duck and all the other ducks have to Migrate South for Christmas. But what happens when Donald stays with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and the gang? Not that many good things for Donald to be perfectly honest.

Nice to see this gem added. A new favorite in my book

flyingduck.gif

tumblr_oipc2imQ0K1vbidwxo5_250.gif

tumblr_oipc80bMv41vbidwxo3_400.gif

tumblr_p1i041YRRQ1vzyjsuo1_500.jpg

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Umm, please bare in mind that this list was made before december so umm... Peppermints you may want to turn a blind eye to this one and just ignore that "Lump of Coal" part. I still stand by my placements for it though.

lEktAWj.png

Day 13: Christmas Comes to Pacland (1982)
You'd think a story about Pac-Man trying to help Santa deliver toys to save christmas would be easy enough to make fun Add the ghosts as an antagonist trying to stop Pac-Man, and it sounds like you should have a banging christmas special, well... just watch, see and judge for yourself. Waka Waka.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

zBttb0g.png

Day 14: Robbie the Reindeer in Hooves of Fire (1999)
You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen. But do you recall the most famous reindeer of all?
Yeah, of course you do. That's Rudolph. We know his story. Here's the story of his Son, Robbie, instead. And make sure you watch the version with the british voice acting whilst you are at it as well.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Been a whilesince ive looked through this thread cause of finals.

Agreed on the Mickey Mouse Christmas special. Rudish's take on the character is easily the best I've ever seen.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
00amtwE.png

Day 15: Danger Mouse -
The Snowman Cometh (2015)

It's the Holidays, but evil doesn't take a break for chirstmas... oh wait, apparantly they do. So I guess Danger Mouse will just have to deal with the rather lame villain "The Snowman" this christmas. The Snowman however is ready to prove to the whole world he is not lame, and he's got his eyes on the Big Red Polar Bear himself (Santa's a Polar Bear in Danger Mouse, voiced by Brian Blessed no less).

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
8MEmsEz.png

Day 16: Robot Chicken's DP Christmas Special (2010)

Robot Chicken has numerous Christmas skits over the year, I'm sure many remember the Dragon Ball Z Christmas, any Robot Chicken christmas special will work. This special in particular shows us the very first Christmas, asks the important questions like who is faster, Superman or Santa Claus. And even got Macaulay Culkin to reprise his Home Alone role once more... although the traps aren't going to work in his favour this time around.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Umm, please bare in mind that this list was made before december so umm... Peppermints you may want to turn a blind eye to this one and just ignore that "Lump of Coal" part. I still stand by my placements for it though.
Ha I never said it was good. Just think it has some charm to it. Mostly because it reminds me of all of the garbage Christmas episodes of stuff I'd watch as a kid.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
nXc2Ieu.png

Day 17: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic -
A Hearth's Warming Tail (2016)
It's Equestria's time for their take on A Christmas Carol, it's Starlight Glimmer's first Hearths Warming, but she doesn't think too much of the holidays and thinks she can skip it. Twilight decides to share with Starlight one of her favourite Holiday stories "A Hearth's Warming Tale", which is performed by the various ponies with Starlight taking the role of Ebeneezer Scroo... I mean "Snowfall Frost", a bitter unicorn that will magic the entire holiday out of existance, let's hope the spirits of the holiday can help warm this bitter ponies heart before it's too late.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

uM0OvdZ.png

Day 18: Dragons -
Gift of the Nightfury (2011)
On the list of "Weird alternate names for Christmas", Dragon's Snoggletog is up there. This is the first Snoggletog after the war between Vikings and Dragons ended, so it will be one to remember... but when the Dragons suddenly start leaving the town. Can Hiccup figure out why?

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

w43D5Wx.png

Day 19: Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too (1991)
Christopher Robin is writing up a letter to Santa for all the residents of a 100 Acre Woods and what they want for christmas. Pooh however forgets to write what he wants down so now he's going to have the track that letter down before it's too late.

And hopefully he doesn't get lost and end up in China either, I hear the president there doesn't like Pooh. Which is weird, who doesn't like Pooh Bear?

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017

w43D5Wx.png

Day 19: Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too (1991)
Christopher Robin is writing up a letter to Santa for all the residents of a 100 Acre Woods and what they want for christmas. Pooh however forgets to write what he wants down so now he's going to have the track that letter down before it's too late.

And hopefully he doesn't get lost and end up in China either, I hear the president there doesn't like Pooh. Which is weird, who doesn't like Pooh Bear?
I vaguely remember this one.

On another note SweetNicole any chance this thread can be stickied until Christmas?

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
nXc2Ieu.png

It's Equestria's time for their take on A Christmas Carol, it's Starlight Glimmer's first Hearths Warming, but she doesn't think too much of the holidays and thinks she can skip it. Twilight decides to share with Starlight one of her favourite Holiday stories "A Hearth's Warming Tale", which is performed by the various ponies with Starlight taking the role of Ebeneezer Scroo... I mean "Snowfall Frost", a bitter unicorn that will magic the entire holiday out of existance, let's hope the spirits of the holiday can help warm this bitter ponies heart before it's too late.

I remember recommending this for your thread last year. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I think it's amazing that not only does it adapt A Christmas Carol to fit the lore but to adapt the story so well for a 20 minute episode is quite the feat as well!

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Of course, since your last thread, two more MLP Christmas specials have come out, haha.

I should check out Dragons at some point.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
OwZ7OJ0.png

Day 20: Rapsittie Street Kids:
Believe in Santa (2002)​

Oh geez, for our last lump of coal of the calendar, here's a dozy to get through. Bad Animation, Horrifying Character Models, Disastrous Rapping, oh and Santa doesn't even show up either, all we get is a shadow.
And no this isn't some joke thing made on Source Filmmaker, this is an actual production, even has high profile voice actors like Mark Hamill and Nancy Cartwright in it... Believe in Santa? You'll have to believe this actually is a thing first.

RC.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
OwZ7OJ0.png

Believe in Santa (2002)​

Oh geez, for our last lump of coal of the calendar, here's a dozy to get through. Bad Animation, Horrifying Character Models, Disastrous Rapping, oh and Santa doesn't even show up either, all we get is a shadow.
And no this isn't some joke thing made on Source Filmmaker, this is an actual production, even has high profile voice actors like Mark Hamill and Nancy Cartwright in it... Believe in Santa? You'll have to believe this actually is a thing first.

This might be worst animated special ever, but I'm not willing to watch the whole thing to find out.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
nXc2Ieu.png

There's like 5 MLP Christmas specials, including one from a previous generation, and you post the worst one...

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
KpAQfXT.png

Holiday specials Garfield is best Garfield

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Cs4OP6J.png

Day 21: Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation! (2009)

Even Doofenshmirtz finds it hard to muster up hate for this time of year. He has a plan to ruin christmas, but he doesn't want to do it because he can't really hate it. Meanwhile Phineas and Ferb are going to turn Danville into a big Thank You card for Santa because they feel he doesn't get enough thanks for all the joy he brings.​

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Cs4OP6J.png

Day 21: Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation! (2009)

Even Doofenshmirtz finds it hard to muster up hate for this time of year. He has a plan to ruin christmas, but he doesn't want to do it because he can't really hate it. Meanwhile Phineas and Ferb are going to turn Danville into a big Thank You card for Santa because they feel he doesn't get enough thanks for all the joy he brings.​

I JUST listened to the P+F Holiday Album at work. I'd recommend giving the whole Album a listen on Youtube (it's a legit Google upload). It's got the songs from this special, other Christmas episodes AND a couple gems that never made it to Animation.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A5UEGRc.png

Day 22: The Simpsons
Holidays of Future Passed (2011)

Now don't be immediately scared off because it's a later season Simpsons episode (Whatever your cut off point is) this one is worth a watch. It was originally written as a potential Series Finale for the show (considering that was 7 years ago... you can tell that didn't happen). 30 years from Simpsons present day and Bart and Lisa are parents of their own know with their own families to raise... and both are having trouble looking after their kids much like Homer and Marge had trouble raising them.​

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
L5iYwP6.png

Day 23: American Dad -
For Whom the Sleigh Bells Toll (2010)

Here's a dark premise for christmas special. Stan and Steve accidentally kill Santa Claus. Instead of Stan being forced to become the new Santa, this time Santa comes back to life and is now hell-bent on getting revenge against the entire Smith Family. It's an all out war!

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
OwZ7OJ0.png

Believe in Santa (2002)​

A few years ago I sat and watched through the whole thing. Damn it was bad. Horribly animated, badly voice acted (the main character raps vary poorly the whole time, some lines are literal nonsense, and some famous actors obviously don't give a shit), and the story was some of the most milquetoast shit ever.

Kinda in the whole hilarious how bad it is category.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Jl5gKGW.png

Day 24: Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol (1962)

Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol holds a fairly important place in animation history, being the first ever animated holiday program aired for Television. So it feels appropriate to end our look at Christmas Carols this year with it. Magoo is playing Scrooge in a musical, but of course being Mr. Magoo, their will be antics along the way.

RC.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Jl5gKGW.png

Day 24: Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol (1962)

Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol holds a fairly important place in animation history, being the first ever animated holiday program aired for Television. So it feels appropriate to end our look at Christmas Carols this year with it. Magoo is playing Scrooge in a musical, but of course being Mr. Magoo, their will be antics along the way.

Some really great original songs in this one too.
"All alone in the world" still makes me tear up.