• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
qUhgEHn.png

ujjwIAz.png
Developer: Aggro Crab
Publisher: Aggro Crab
Genre: Action-Adventure, Shoalslike
Platforms:
Crustacean 4/5, Xbox Oneder the Sea/Sea-ries S|X (Also on Clam Pass), Fintendo Switch, P-Sea
Price: $29.99, £26.99 (with a 10% Launch Discount) [Pricing varies by region]
Release Date: April 25, 2024
Game Length: ~25 hours (According to Aggro Crab)

Description

Another Crab's Treasure is a soulslike adventure set in a crumbling underwater world plagued by a mysterious curse. As Kril the hermit crab, you'll need to wear the trash around you as shells to withstand attacks from enemies many times your size. Embark on an epic treasure hunt to buy back your repossessed shell, and discover the dark secrets behind the polluted ocean.

Features

- Challenging soulslike-inspired combat
- A grand undersea world to explore
- Over 50 shells to try on and fend off attackers
- Smite your enemies with powerful Umami Magic
- Way Too Many Crabs

RQTnXRk.png

OpenCritic: 78
Metacritic: 79

Review score shortlist:
IGN:
8/10
Gamespot: 7/10
PCGamer: 80%
Game Informer: 7/10
PushSquare: 7/10
Shacknews: 9/10
Press Start:
8/10
3ZVGziG.png

8faCa3V.jpg

8VXb15c.png

Hc9b3mG.png

(From Aggro Crab's official FAQ):

Q: How long is Another Crab's Treasure?

A: 25 hours is a good estimate! Obviously, with a skill-gated game like this, the estimate is going to be pretty vague. If you're cracked at soulslikes, you're gonna beat it faster.

Q: Can you get achievements while using the Assist Settings?

A: Absolutely! You can even equip the Gun and one-shot every boss and still 100% the game, if that's how you roll.

Q: Can I make video content/stream the game?

A: Totally, go nuts. Feel free to use the soundtrack in any video content about the game, as well! All we ask is that you give proper credit somewhere.

Q: Will there be a physical release/vinyl/artbook?

A: We want to do all these and more but we haven't actually started yet. Soonish™.

Q: What do your post-launch plans look like for the game?

A: Let us rest for a minute goddamn Of course, we'll be spending time post-launch fixing any major bugs, and almost certainly pushing some balance updates for anything that seems super out of whack. A reminder that you can give feedback on the game on the Aggro Crab Discord server!

We'll have to leave you hanging for a minute as far as confirming any large post-launch content goes, though. Long-time fans know we've embarrassed ourselves in the past by posting our content roadmap too early and having to cancel stuff we promised due to a lack of funds. Let's just say we've got a lot we'd like to do, but the reality is it all depends on how the launch goes. So TELL YOUR FRIENDS!

How does this run on Steam Deck?

(From Game Informer's Review):
Encouraged by Aggro Crab to try the game out on Steam Deck, I was impressed with how well Another Crab's Treasure performs on the handheld PC device. Its visuals popped on the smaller screen, and the performance rarely dipped below 30 FPS, often climbing higher, even to 60 FPS at some points. Locking the Steam Deck's FPS to 40 ultimately made for the smoothest experience, and Steam's cloud saving worked flawlessly, making Another Crab's Treasure an easy game to play at a desktop or on the couch, Steam Deck in hand.

What other games have Aggro Crab made?

They made the truly excellent and genuinely funny roguelike dungeon crawler Going Under! If, like myself, you're a currently-unemployed person who is well past tired of scrolling through Indeed or LinkedIn all day, playing this will no doubt prove to be an incredibly cathartic experience.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1154810/Going_Under/

7xuPMdo.png

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp3Uy4CYNJc

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjGoS9rOSYw

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4kufS_oqUA

Last edited:

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Great OT! Love all the puns

So stoked for this game. Aggro Crab is one of my fav indie devs right now.

inkblot

Mar 27, 2024
I'm SO excited for this. I played their prior game (which was a fantastic roguelike) and this one just looks like a huge expansion of ambition and scope for this team. Cheers to the dev!

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Watched! Nice OT doops. !! Will keep an eye on the thread until I have a space and can dig into this. Hope everyone enjoys it! 🦀⚔️

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Holy shit, I knew about this game but had 0 idea that these guys made Going Under

That game is amazing, now I'm all in on this

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Exshellent OT! Like how they're making a Shoalslike game more accessible

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Great OT! Going to give this a round on gamepass, and maybe then I will check out the switch version if it runs well.

MinionZero

Jan 14, 2018
Clearly it isn't Anor Londo. It's Anor Seao now.

Loved Going Under, and I'm all for colorful soulslike with a gun if need be.

twister926

Apr 28, 2022
I fell in love with this game when I saw a trailer few months ago. Combining Soulslike gamestyle with cartoon underwater environment is such a unique idea.

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
I am reall intrigued. Total forgot about this game and then it just popped back up and now it is releasing today. I surely don't expect an FromSoft-Tier souls experience but I really do appreciate the change of tone, so I might be down (especially on steam deck) once I've finished other games like e.g. Armored Core, which I am playing right now.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Really depends if you have played *Dark Souls* like game before I guess.

One reviewer: This is the hardest game I have played in awhile, some parts are straight up too hard
Another reviewer: Major complaint is that if you have played other Dark Souls games, then this is way too easy.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017
Also releasing on Game Pass for PC and Xbox if you're like me and hesitant about how this original and exciting premise will play like.

Nov 3, 2017
Huh, actually caught the button inputs. It's got Souls input (of course it does) requiring familiarity, and mind-muscle connection, with heavy bumper usage. Hope it has alternative setups.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
crab doops.

cover5.jpg

Souls likes can be crustrating, but I'm glad there's a not so searious entry into the genre to provide more of a conchtrast. Can't wait to get my claws on it, crab it and pay for it with some currensea, as alas crabitalism means I need such lucre.

OP
OP
doops.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
crab doops.

cover5.jpg

Souls likes can be crustrating, but I'm glad there's a not so searious entry into the genre to provide more of a conchtrast. Can't wait to get my claws on it, crab it and pay for it with some currensea, as alas crabitalism means I need such lucre.

Based and crabkrilled 🦀

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
out

922591747706609714.webp

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Seariously though, I am barely clawing at the crababilities of my vocrabulary. Barely even having to get craytive. Krilliant really.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Right if you're going to be shellfish *ahem* selfish about this then it's crab jail for you.

44-E33-B49-60-B5-43-D7-848-B-FD94-A1-F2-BF7-D.jpg

Last edited: