• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Probably the one soulslike that I am highly interested in. Part of it is the assist mode of course lol, but I am also really digging the vibes overall. I will give it a round on gamepass, and then get the game later if I like it.

ultraluna

Jun 3, 2020
Might need help with which OT title to go with:
  • Shellden Ring
  • Dark Shoals
  • Blubborne
  • Kril or be Killed
  • Under the Seaaa~
  • "She sells sea souls by the sea shore."
  • "These pincers were made for parrying."
  • Hard as Shell
  • Prepare to Fry Edition
lies of sea
lords of shallow
krab's field
armored crabcore

i could spend days here

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Dark Shoals and Shellden Ring are both great, though I slightly prefer Shellden Ring.

Game looks great and is on Game Pass. Shame both this and Sand Land are being overshadowed by Stellar Eve.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Shellden Ring if only because I don't think everyone will know wtf a "shoal" is

I didnt :(

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Might need help with which OT title to go with:
  • Shellden Ring
  • Dark Shoals
  • Blubborne
  • Kril or be Killed
  • Under the Seaaa~
  • "She sells sea souls by the sea shore."
  • "These pincers were made for parrying."
  • Hard as Shell
  • Prepare to Fry Edition

You left out from suggestion "From Soft To Hard"

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Game looks great in basically every way and I've been waiting a long time for a unique and lighthearted take on the Souls formula. Is there any review that discusses length?! I'm really curious. Don't know any games in this genre that are under 25 hours.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
Game looks great in basically every way and I've been waiting a long time for a unique and lighthearted take on the Souls formula. Is there any review that discusses length?! I'm really curious. Don't know any games in this genre that are under 25 hours.

the length varies by reviewer it seems (some reporting ~12 to ~20 hours respectively) but Aggro Crab have said it's around 20-25 hours to complete.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I was trying to remember why I know the name of this game and then realized, oh right. ANOR LONDO, FUCK IT. Their April Fool's joke/promo worked!

I am not usually interested in soulslikes but I'm intrigued by this one. Though it is also a sad reminder that I need to go back and finish Going Under.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
This is another one of those games that catches my eye on here, but when I go to wishlist it... it's already there.

But I don't remember anything about this. hmm.

ratprophet

Jun 24, 2021
Somehow completely missed that this is a soulslike. Bit disappointed but hopefully this might be one I can get into as I love the whole vibe. Hope that doesn't sound too shellfish.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Achievement list

www.exophase.com

Another Crab's Treasure Achievements - Xbox Series, Xbox One

Achievements, guides, leaderboards, and discussion forums for Another Crab's Treasure
20 bosses in total. Nice

d02c93dd10b13170bd51ccb700587249.png

08c16c63dbf7c30a2a349db601931455.png

some good achievement names

Radline

Oct 28, 2017
Really looking forward to this, had it on my wishlist for the past couple years, and the demo ensured that I'd be into this.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
This is good news. I'm excited for this one and I'm glad it plays okay on the Steam Deck.

tumblr_oxvr24beSi1wybzsgo1_400.gifv

maped

Mar 7, 2018

So very much the same. As someone who is squeamish about pretty much any kind of horror, it's been hard to try to get into From games. It's weird that so many of the soulslikes seem to go to similar setting and themes as the "real" souls games that have pretty much perfected it. Seems you'd be setting yourself up for failure by trying to go straight at the progenitor of the genre and the best one to do it, as well as risking getting lumped up with all the other similar wannabes.

Oh well, at least there is the upcoming Enotria: The Last Song that draws from italian folklore and seems to be at least partly set in gorgeus medievilish?-looking cityscapes. For shorter soulslikes check out Death's Door. I can't speak for the depth of the mechanics, but I adore the world, characters, story and pretty much everything else about it. Should be about 10-15 hours depending on how deep you go.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
most commendations i ever got for an elden ring message was leaving

crab,
battle

and

try close-quarters battle,
snake

at the bottom of the lyndell underground where those two lobsters be

swear when i was still playing the game that my health was always topped off thanks to those two messages

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand