CurrencyPricing BeforePricing After
Indian Rupee₹ 899₹ 2699
Vietnamese Dong310000₫695000₫
Philippine Peso₱829.95₱1490.00
South African RandR 219.00R 499.00
Saudi Riyal59.95 SR129.00 SR

Source: Taken straight from this thread on r/PCGaming

PS: My region is also showing increased regional pricing

Like I've been saying in the Sony Delisting threads, Smaller countries or countries from where these corporations don't get a lot of their money from, they don't care much and just increase the price or some other stupid shit without caring and nobody cares until it affects them

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I figured this would happen when I noticed the terrible regional pricing on Hellblade 2. Despite being a USD$50 release, it's more expensive in numerous countries than Jedi Survivor.

I can understand updating older regional prices in certain countries to account for changes in economic factors that have occurred since the original prices were decided upon, but these increases are absurd. The games are now more expensive in most of the world than Australia, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I figured this would happen when I noticed the terrible regional pricing on Hellblade 2. Despite being a USD$50 release, it's more expensive in numerous countries than Jedi Survivor.

I can understand updating outdated regional prices to account for changes in economic factors in those counteries, but these increases are absurd. The games are now more expensive in most of the world than Australia, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I mean it is same mentality like streaming services price increase every few months. Basically "we need more money but we can't increase prices in US/EU, what should we do?"

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
I mean it is same mentality like streaming services price increase every few months. Basically "we need more money but we can't increase prices in US/EU, what should we do?"
I wish 'gamers' would scream and get behind this kind of shit like they did with PSN Account linking crap for Hellidivers 2 that puts us poor old third worlders 'at risk'..

(But I know they won't).

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
This shit's been happening for years and it's absolutely terrible. Funnily enough it all started with horizon zero dawn. A lot of people in my region just stopped buying games and started pirating them since they can not afford to buy games that cost almost their entire salaries.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
That South African price is harsh. 60% hike is pretty wild

Celestial Descend

Corrupted by Vengeance
Aug 15, 2022
They basically eliminated regional pricing in these countries. A real scumbag move, but sadly an expected one. They look at Sony who don't offer regional price at all and said to themselves "let's learn from the market leader".

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
I lived half my life in the US and then moved back to Europe and the price differences on games - especially digital - can be pretty insane.

Eddman

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
Can't believe capitalism got to a point where 3rd world countries have to suffer from gaming store gentrification thanks to foreigners abusing legal loopholes and, of course, good ol' corporate greed.

Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I wish 'gamers' would scream and get behind this kind of shit like they did with PSN Account linking crap for Hellidivers 2 that puts us poor old third worlders 'at risk'..

(But I know they won't).

Market has other ways balancing itself in these cases. Sales will go down, piracy will go up.

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Market has other ways balancing itself in these cases. Sales will go down, piracy will go up.
Thats not the point though.

Iam talking about the legal market and why there is no voice raised when actual real world situations like this happen that actually affect people playing the games in these regions... the rest don't care cause it doesn't affect them.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how much that actually does for them. They want to milk the poor countries, who after a price increase are more likely to not buy at all? Meanwhile the country with the most consumerist culture and most disposable income have prices kept artificially low?

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Sea Of Thieves
Pricing Source - https://steamdb.info/sub/401467/

Indian Rupee₹ 1399₹ 3499
Mexican PesoMex$ 399.99Mex$ 749.00
Philippine Peso₱949.00₱1990.00
South African RandR 319.00R 519.00
Saudi Riyal64.99 SR149.00 SR

Gears 5
Pricing Source - https://steamdb.info/sub/386493/

Indian Rupee₹ 899₹ 2699

Gears Tactics
Pricing Source - https://steamdb.info/sub/407114/

Indian Rupee₹ 899₹ 2699

Source: Taken straight from this thread on r/PCGaming

PS: My region is also showing increased regional pricing

Like I've been saying in the Sony Delisting threads, Smaller countries or countries from where these corporations don't get a lot of their money from, they don't care much and just increase the price or some other stupid shit without caring and nobody cares until it affects them

MS prices have been atrocious for current gen games, they're just bringing up old catalog in line with those lol.

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
The worst thing about this is a lot of people want to support these games in any way they can, Specially indie ones but then they pull a crap like this.
It's extremely disheartening, obviously they don't owe us shit but come on, It's not cool either.

Iam talking about the legal market and why there is no voice raised when actual real world situations like this happen that actually affect people playing the games in these regions... the rest don't care cause it doesn't affect them.
I'm actually convinced they wouldn't even do something if it did affect them. They raised the price in a lot of first world countries at the start of the new gen and people were like yep that makes sense with almost all of the increased income going to the suits not the devs.
Games cost almost 100 bucks in Canada, like are you all okay with this?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

In case of price increase not buying product sends better message than anything else.

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
The worst thing about this is a lot of people want to support these games in any way they can, Specially indie ones but then they pull a crap like this.
It's extremely disheartening, obviously they don't owe us shit but come on, It's not cool either.

I'm actually convinced they wouldn't even do something if it did affect them. They raised the price in a lot of first world countries at the start of the new gen and people were like yep that makes sense with almost all of the increased income going to the suits not the devs.
Games cost almost 100 bucks in Canada, like are you all okay with this?
Well the price is more than doubled in these countries sometimes even tripled, not like Canada where its just 100 bucks from 60 bucks of the USA..

Like they are stupidly expensive as video games compared to the income of these countries..

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
Well the price is more than doubled in these countries sometimes even tripled, not like canada where its just 100 bucks from 60 bucks of the USA..
I know, It's not even close to how terrible it is in less fortunate regions but still, I don't get how even that's ok. It's kind of frustrating how people just accepted it.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

(But I know they won't).
The people that screamed about the account linking, never cared about the counries they not in.
The game still cant be purchased in some countries, and the reviews went back to positive, continues to have 100k players daily and it's on top of sales charts.

hBtTOLz.png

They went "got mine so f you"

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
The hike on Halo Collection is especially obscene. In my region, it went from MYR45 to MYR180 now ---- fucking 4x the price. Fuck Microsoft really.