• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sykdom

Banned
Feb 12, 2019
California
Its on purpose and I would elaborate but I think it would make me look like a racist so someone else is going to have to.

Method

Oct 25, 2017
at this point I could almost believe these are done on purpose so they get free press but wanting free press by showcasing racism is fucking terrible.

Oct 27, 2017
You would think that a non-white intern could have told them how fucking dumb this is/ was. But I am fully willing to believe these fucking cretins thought to themselves, "Any attention is good attention."

Mugsy

Oct 27, 2017
Should I feel bad that my first thought was "Well at least they didn't have a black model put on the noose fashion".

junomars

Banned
Nov 19, 2018
Stupid but I don't think a noose on a white person is racist, hanging was a form of punishment for alot of civilizations.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I really want to just know what the designer themselves were thinking. Like is there even an attempt at a message here ? Because you're either talking about suicide or lynching, and neither of those are things that you should be putting on clothes like this.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
We're talking about Burberry, a brand I've never even heard of. So I guess there's that.

Fashion brands are really taking the 'all publicity is good publicity' to a whole new level.

It's a big, exclusive and expensive brand. I do wonder how much terrible stuff these people put out without response because it's targeted at such a small audience that doesn't need to care.

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
Nooses don't have racial connotations in the UK. It is fucked up and they should have known better, for a number of reasons, but I don't think this is at all related to lynching. The suicide connotations, 100% fucked up.

Last edited:

Deleted member 41638

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Their clothing is really common to see around as well as the stores in most malls.

I haven't been to a mall in like 10 years. Also I shop at discount stores.

Looked up Burberry and they sell scarves for over $400, I'm shopping at Target so no wonder I haven't seen this brand, about 10x more expensive than my price range.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't the model be reprimanded as well?

Why can't people refuse to wear racist garments?

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Nooses don't have racial connotations in the UK. It is fucked up and they should have known better, for a number of reasons, but I don't think this is at all related to lynching.
The model quoted in the article was the first to tell them her concerns beforehand, but said they ignored her. She mentioned the relationship to lynchings along with the suicide problem, so they weren't ignorant of the racist connotations.

Oct 30, 2017
I have to imagine that the designers and marketing folks at these high end fashion companies are some of the most out of touch people you could ever meet. Not just on social issues, but just in general.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
LOL, made me chuckle when people didn't know who Burberry is above. Not because I know who they are, but because a lot of people couldn't care less about name brands..and I'm one of them.

I only knew who they were because I had heard of them before (probably from my fiancee), that was the extent of my knowledge.

I have zero interest in brands unless they happen to have the best deal or something I legitimately have to have. (no clothing, shoe, accessory (glasses), brand has that) My fiancee likes certain brands though, so I buy them for her sometimes.

It's pretty obvious how that outfit could come off as pretty awful and tone deaf.

Jul 18, 2018
I haven't been to a mall in like 10 years. Also I shop at discount stores.

Looked up Burberry and they sell scarves for over $400, I'm shopping at Target so no wonder I haven't seen this brand, about 10x more expensive than my price range.
Source: Interbrand

1. Louis Vuitton - $28.6 billion
  2. Chanel - $20 billion
  3. Hermes - $16.4 billion
  4. Gucci - $12.9 billion
  5. Cartier - $7.7 billion
  6. Tiffany - $5.6 billion
  7. Dior - $5.2 billion
  8. Burberry - $5 billion
  9. Prada - $4.8 billion

Jul 18, 2018
I recognize 7 of those not counting Burberry so I'm proud of myself.
I have been gifted some Burberry scarves which are sleek and comfortable and i buy their cologne frequently which i love their scents. I think i may gift a coat to my gf from them, but other than those 2, the rest of their stuff is like any of the luxury brands, i just dont find them that appealing to look at compared to normal department store stuff