• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019

There's another Suicide Squad spinoff series in the works, James Gunn recently told us on the upcoming episode of Deadline's Hero Nation.

"We're working on something else now, another TV show that's connected to that universe," Gunn told us, "I can't quite say."

According to sources, Gunn has approached HBO Max with the idea for another series built around one of the characters in Suicide Squad. We hear the project is in the embryonic stages with nothing written or greenlit but HBO Max are said to be high on it based on Gunn's enthusiasm for the idea.

Speaking about Peacemaker, a new season is also likely

In addition, Gunn says that a second season of Peacemaker, which recently dropped episode 5 today, "There's a really good chance of that."

Officially, HBO Max when contacted by Deadline, had no comment to either any second Suicide Squad spinoff nor a second season of Peacemaker.

Last edited:

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
better have

latest

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming Ratcatcher? Not sure if they'd be able to get Robbie or Elba for a TV show, and everyone else is either dead or 99% CG, so... I dunno, maybe they could do a flashback series for Polkadot Man or something.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
The only character I would care about is Rat Catcher II. Polka died otherwise maybe him.

Ok fine or King Shark but I doubt Stallone would want to do that.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
I thought they were gonna do something to get his pal Nathan Fillion more involved

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I would just like Suicide Squad as a series at this point. Have guest characters, have cast die, villain of the week type stuff.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"it won't be as much a comedy as Peacemaker, but it will be in the same universe."

Weasel's Wacky World wouldn't be a comedy.

It would be a hard-hitting yet compelling psychodrama that asks the questions society is afraid to ask.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
So happy for Gunn. To think he gets to do both Marvel and DC now and finding great success because some Nazi chuds tried to cancel him over some ancient tweets.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wanna taste that

Harley Quinn??
Fuck the haters her movie was good!!

I mean I'd trust Gunn with Harley over what the DCEU has done with her so far

EDIT: Just remembered the obvious of me still not being impressed by her in The Suicide Squad, so meh, but maybe an actual show would do her good

Last edited:

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the title of the spin off was gonna be named "Another Suicide Squad", and coming from Gunn I was, and it makes all the sense in the world.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'd definitely put my money on Ratcatcher.

It's very likely going to be this, yeah. She's the one actor from the movie that isn't A) dead, B) extremely, unhealthily busy with other projects, or C) too expensive.

I wouldn't say no to a Javelin prequel series starring Flula Borg though.