Jul 5, 2018
Ant-Man is my favorite Marvel hero, so I was excited to see this. I liked the first one a tad better but this one was still good as well. It gives me hope that Ant-Man will be in Infinity War pt. 2 after being completely absent in the first one.

That Dude John

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I am happy and sad that the end credits scene was exactly what I thought it'd be. I briefly caught those Infinity War feelings.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
The Thunderbolts didn't start out wanting to be heroes, though. They were villains who posed as heroes as part of a scheme, and then gradually got into it for real.
But it all depends on which direction they want to take the team from the start in the MCU. Ghost doesn't have to be part of a villain scheme to be part of the team, she just has to have a reason to be there and be involved. After that, her gradual evolution into actually wanting to be a hero would be the same, because right now she wouldn't want to be a hero or on a team. Same thing with Zemo, maybe he might still be down for a villain scheme that messes with the Avengers or maybe he might be down for a path to redemption, but he definitely wouldn't want to be on a team of "heroes" because it goes against everything he stands for. At the same time, that is the sort of interesting details that makes finding a reason for getting someone like Zemo on the team compelling and whether he decides to be a "good guy" or a "bad guy" or something more ambiguous in the end, getting a team together that has way less reason to ever work together than the Avengers ever had makes for some good storytelling. It's tricky but can create for some great character dynamics.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
This was a lot of fun, a nice palette cleanser after IW. I liked everyone in this. Ghost was cool and I'd like to see her come back some day. Glad to see my man Goggins getting that Marvel payday. That mid-credits scene was a smack in the goddam mouth though, it got some kids sitting in front of me real upset.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
This movie was probably the worst cinema experience of my life, three people next to me were eating fucking Big Macs and french fries, I have no idea how they managed to get that shit inside.

I knew going to the movies was a bad idea.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think I enjoy these movies more as experiences than normal movies now.

This was a well made movie by all accounts but I just couldn't really care much about what was happening. "Scott might go to jail" simply does nothing for me as a hook or as a timer plot device. They escape from prison like it's nothing in these movies. Scott Lang might be worried about going to jail for 20 years, but I couldn't muster you up anything. And when the ticking clock is a big deal in the movie it just really seemed liked it screwed up the pacing. And then it ended so abruptly too. They sure resolved Ghosts' issue with no problems, and in 10 seconds.

I know the Mom thing is the main draw, but eh. Just didn't do much for me.

The movie is fine in a vacuum. But all in all I don't think I enjoyed it as much as I should have. I guess now I'm living for all the tie-in, Easter egg, big picture stuff with the MCU :/

Although Homecoming was sorta like that and I greatly enjoyed that movie. So maybe this one just wasn't really for me.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Movie was aight. No as fun as the original since it was the first to cover the concept, and literally all of the cool stuff playing with scale was in the trailer.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't love it. Didn't hate it. I thought it was just okay. Probably not something I'll want to watch again though.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Just got back from seeing it, was fun. Nothing ground breaking but a nice fun summer flick is always great.

Loved the supporting cast, Luis and pals are a blast, Cassie was great, truth serum guy made me laugh.

Hope we get to see Giantman fighting Thanos in Avengers 4, would be great.

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished watching and initial reactions has this movie above the first and one of my favorite marvel movies. The comedy was there, the "villain" was alright and Luis and Woo were fantastic. When Luis started going down his history where Scott is emotionally I nearly spit my drink.
This part had me laughing in tears ahahaha

Azubah

Dec 30, 2017
Sooooo...

Janet's a mutant now, right? Since evolution is different where she was stuck in and she has power now.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Sooooo...

Janet's a mutant now, right? Since evolution is different where she was stuck in and she has power now.
A mutant like the Fantastic Four and not like the X-Men.

I see where people see this as an entry point for introducing the X-Men but I doubt this is the direction they were planning on taking with Janet's new powers.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Goggins and Pena and that subplot are what elevates this movie. Ghost is neat but kind of undercooked, but I loved the concept of the three-way fight with both Ghost and Burch out for Pym's tech for their own ends, while the X-Con team intercedes to help.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
This movie was probably the worst cinema experience of my life, three people next to me were eating fucking Big Macs and french fries, I have no idea how they managed to get that shit inside.

I knew going to the movies was a bad idea.

How does what they're eating bother you?

Hell, that food should be quieter than popcorn.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What was the point in having the Avengers sign the Sokovia Accords if they were just going to unilaterally enforce them against anyone with powerful technology?

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
I loved this movie!!! That post credit scene man really gonna interesting to see how that ties in.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Oh and wasp should get her own movie too. She was wicked. My favorite mcu female hero.

I'm an old school marvel fan but man I love the mcu versions of pym Lang and company better than the comic versions.

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine spending all that time in the quantum realm and then coming back just to be taken out by the snap lol

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also kinda feel like if Scott, Hope, Hank, and the mom were there and the snap takes out 50% of the people, then Scott and one other person should have survived instead of all 3 people outside the van vanishing. Although the snap takes 50% of people overall so they just happened to be in the half that got taken.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I also kinda feel like if Scott, Hope, Hank, and the mom were there and the snap takes out 50% of the people, then Scott and one other person should have survived instead of all 3 people outside the van vanishing. Although the snap takes 50% of people overall so they just happened to be in the half that got taken.

I honestly thought it was either Jan or Hank surviving, nope. Russos says LOL.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Movie was awesome! Credits scene had my daughter upset, we're ready for what's next!

Oct 25, 2017
So Janet said something to Scott like "avoid time vortexes ". Is that the key to fixing infinity war?

Last edited:

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I guess having all 3 vanish gave the scene more of an impact though

My fiancee thought the dusting scene hit way harder here than in IW. The whole happy family reunion just getting straight shat on in an instant by Lord Purp Willis really made the knife in the heart sharper.

Do Janet said something to Scott like "avoid time vortexes ". Is that the key to fixing infinity war?

This is the most likely outcome IMO.

Also, I hope a little bit of time is spent in A4 showing the emotional and physical damage his snap did to all civilization. Imagine Stark coming home to Earth and instead of being this God tier hero the world loves he's a failure and how the world reacts to that. I can imagine the internal grief Thor is going through as well, being so close to stopping it but fucking it all up because his ego got in the way and he just had to tell Thanos what's up.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
It was fine, seems like more of the first movie. I still love the visual gags,and Michael Peña but they kinda can't do another one of these. It needs to go somewhere.

6/10

May 10, 2018
A little off topic but man there were no good trailers before this which is rare.

Anyways I enjoyed it but I feel it needed a little more oomph if you get what I mean.

I wanted a set piece to take place in the Quantum Realm or something.