• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FrostyLemon

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How can a game with such a pretty 'open world' and flying iron man mech suits look so boring to play...

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, looks so damn boring, ugh. I want a proper epic Bioware RPG, not Destiny 2.0. I hate the progression towards GAAS, too. I miss the days of complete games. Not everything in this industry has to be GAAS, ugh.
Nothing in Anthem for you then. Probably have to wait for new Dragon Age or something akin to that.

Zelus

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for posting this! I hope they get rid of the Borderlands like notifications in regards to damage points and combos.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
The bullet sponge nature of the queen is such a turn off for me.

It's just mindless hold down the trigger for a minute and maybe take down 1/10th of her health.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The bullet sponge nature of the queen is such a turn off for me.
I don't think what was shown in this video is indicative of her actual strength. Seemed akin to making players invulnerable when making gameplay videos like this. Like they didn't want to show another phase of the fight or something, as they also intentionally cut the video before she's even remotely close to dying.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
It looks better than what was shown at E3 and gives a better sense of what the game will be like. I still don't see anything that's new, innovative or particularly noteworthy but if there's enough challenging content to progress through I expect it'll be a fun coop experience for a while. I do hope there's more to the game loop that they haven't shown yet and that by launch it'll be a more enticing package.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I think this is going to be one of those games that is an absolute blast to play, especially with friends, but it's hard to tell why from videos. I have friends that played it at E3 that swear by it. I'm seeing a lot more Monster Hunter/The Division vibes than Destiny, apart from the aesthetic, and that kind of game in an Iron Man suit definitely works for me.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Thats not really someting I would call customization though.

"That was actually the tip of the iceberg," explains Anthem Lead Producer Mike Gamble when asked about the customization shown in the stage demo. "You have your four exos and there's a level of customization to each of them. You can obviously customize decals and paints. You also can customize the silhouettes of each of the armor pieces. And you'll be able to mix and match those armor pieces as well."

BioWare is still working on the specifics of unlocking new armor pieces, colors, and decals. Gamble did confirm that there will be a number of different ways to upgrade the look of your Javelin.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/an...-tip-of-the-iceberg-in-terms-of-customization

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, looks so damn boring, ugh. I want a proper epic Bioware RPG, not Destiny 2.0. I hate the progression towards GAAS, too. I miss the days of complete games. Not everything in this industry has to be GAAS, ugh.

You get complete games today just as you did when technology didn't allow for updates and DLC back in the day.

Oct 26, 2017
Oki first thing:

Way to slow moving characters. They need to speed up the flight and running speed. this is going to be hell to play otherwise.

I love the look of the game, the open world seems cool" i hope its open go anywhere type of world? "

Mubrik_

Dec 7, 2017
I love the verticality?
huge areas, Up or down lots of spaces to maneuver around.

I love seeing numbers as well but the font size needs to be reduced.

Hopefully it doesn't feel too clunky to control

moose84

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks amazing. They need to get the main storyline right though, that's where this game's heart is, like all Bioware games. It won't succeed on it's combat alone, judging by comments in here.

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia
The flying is a bit off to me. Sure it looks like it controls ok, but it's a bit... slow? At 4:50 in the video, there's a point where the player is flying almost straight down and it doesn't look much faster than flying straight.

But other than that, seems alright.

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It looks very well out together. I think it will all come down to content creation in the long run, not just what is in the base game. Even if BioWare provides a lengthy story mode, people are going to blow through it relatively quick. So you'll need a good amount of side content, and most importantly the ability to release content at a decent pace.

Oct 25, 2017
Was unexpectedly boring for me even though I was excited for the game. Perhaps due to not being a fan of tank classes and that boss being a bullet sponge.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
Hmmm not bad. Looking forward to seeing more. This looks like a destiny-like which I actually wouldn't mind having if it's exosuits.

Oct 30, 2017
I am sure it feels more fun to play than to watch. Flight looks SO slow to me.

Will try a beta if one is available, but would not buy without having a try first.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a ton of fun. They should've shown all of this at E3 instead of just a few minutes of it.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
I'll have to sit down and watch this tonight. I'm more into fantasy so I'm not sold on Anthem. However the flying around zippy combat is making me more interested

cluk

May 22, 2018
Fly under a waterfall to cool your jets is neat. I always love game details like that.

Soul Unison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty, but I can't shake the feeling that it just seems like a paint-by-numbers widest-appeal-possible futuristic shooter.

I feel like we've already gotten this game a dozen times over.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Can they show more from the Storm class please. That's the one im really interested in seeing more of.

Oct 27, 2017
Extremely disappointed based on that footage. Very run of the mill gameplay, and nothing about the enemies seemed interesting either.

Doesn't even look especially pretty, which I am very surprised by.

Oct 25, 2017
What are you excited about with Anthem?
The world, the flying, co-op, customization.
The combat looked better in last year's presentation.

But as I said, I can probably chalk this up to not being a fan of tank classes (and the combat/mobility that comes from them), and bullet sponge boss (which I don't like in most games). Also, perhaps the wow factor of the flight that I had is now starting to wear off as well.

Oct 30, 2017
Skipping through the 20 minutes I saw: flying, sprinting, sprinting, aiming weapon, flying under water, flying in the air, and combat with overly large dps numbers. I don't know. I'm not really confident in this. No way can I see Bioware delivering a story or lore on par with ME 1-3. The world is too big and and I imagine NPCs will just be activity vendors.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Skipping through the 20 minutes I saw: flying, sprinting, sprinting, aiming weapon, flying under water, flying in the air, and combat with overly large dps numbers. I don't know. I'm not really confident in this. No way can I see Bioware delivering a story or lore on par with ME 1-3. The world is too big and and I imagine NPCs will just be activity vendors.
You really shouldn't expect anything good from the story of a game that is supposed to be Destiny-like, these games are not made with a big focus on story.