• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Obviously your buying into this. But i need more then just game-play, which looks pretty basic as i said. You shoot missiles, fly and shoot big monsters that apparently let you pass them with much counter-interaction(odd moment).
The Titan was a "world event" as was shown in the top right of the HUD. Meaning it was a random open world event that popped while they were going further towards the area where the mission was set.
They didn't have to engage with it, it was a bonus and the monster couldn't stop them from just flying into the water.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's a case study when a studio handicaps themselves by being stubborn and refusing to balance pvp and pve separately despite large portion of their community agreeing that would be the best solution

Maybe it's more challenging than we as people with no game development experience think it is. It would seem like the obvious solution, but surely there are reasons behind it besides developers being "stubborn" or "lazy".

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
6ucJXMa.gif

Can I get that build of Destiny 2 that apparently a ton of Era members have that looks like this? Because when I think of Destiny, I think of iron man doing a barrel roll while launching missiles at a sci fi golem.

People are bashing this?! I honestly just woke up and was watching the presentation, now I'm on the Game Informer podcast and... holy shit, gang, this looks NOTHING like Destiny. This seems like Iron Man lost in the Avatar world the game. It looks like nothing in the market today and even without any "lore" they are clearly planning hard on that. This looks awesome and Bioware has my money for the first time since ME3 - and EA for that matter. Still haven't played Andromeda yet, don't think I ever will.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This trailed completely deflated my hype. The lore and universe looks far too similar to Destiny. I was hoping for something more original. I've already played in that world. I want something new. Edit : lol I should probably watch gameplay footage before judging tho

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent.

No A.I squadmates though. I had cherished the silent hope that the player could choose to go on missions either with their friends, or A.I squadmates. Oh well.
Yeah, that could have been a cool way to make single-player more exciting, when/if you don't want to co-op, especially if they got some bits of story, even if not to the extent of full RPG characters. Could have added a light version of typical Bioware party member flavoring for those who aren't really MP players. To be fair that'd probably be a lot of extra work though on "side-content" since it's supposed to be more of an MP game.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
The Game Informer impressions video has odd contradictions. They're not sure if co-op play has actual progression for all teammates or if its just temporary help. But then they're not sure if playing solo scales well or if it's built to really push co-op play, which would necessitate party progression.

There's no way it doesn't have party progression though, it'd be incredibly stupid if it didn't.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Division 2 is like hold my beer.

"We are proud to announce. The Division 2 will release february 22th" :P
Yeah, this is actually my biggest worry. I look forward to both Anthem and The Division 2.

I hope Ubi could push The Division 2 to early Winter. 3 months would be more than enough for me to enjoy everything the game has to offer.

Why are we worried about Days Gone and not this?
Totally different audiences. People shouldn't worry for either of them.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
People are bashing this?! I honestly just woke up and was watching the presentation, now I'm on the Game Informer podcast and... holy shit, gang, this looks NOTHING like Destiny. This seems like Iron Man lost in the Avatar world the game. It looks like nothing in the market today and even without any "lore" they are clearly planning hard on that. This looks awesome and Bioware has my money for the first time since ME3 - and EA for that matter. Still haven't played Andromeda yet, don't think I ever will.
Stop it. The game is obviously generic /s

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
as a few pointed out they like the story focused approach...

honestly, who cares about the story? a GaaS needs its hooks and that is not the story that keeps you coming back...and sorry, anyone who expects a big focus on story will be in for a rude awakening if any mission can be played Coop.."Yeah Bro, let me watch this 10min cutscene first before we go on, because you know, i play for the story and not for the shoot bang" Coop Bro: "Yawn, Zzzzz"

A focus on story is not what are surefire ingredients for a compelling Coop GaaS experience in my book...but as i said, i will wait for the release and what is in there

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Incredibly surprised that there's no underwater combat considered both trailer had moments where you went underwater.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
6ucJXMa.gif

Can I get that build of Destiny 2 that apparently a ton of Era members have that looks like this? Because when I think of Destiny, I think of iron man doing a barrel roll while launching missiles at a sci fi golem.

Yeah kinda crazy. I love when i fly in Destiny, battle big monsters in the open world and dive into water. /s

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Titan was a "world event" as was shown in the top right of the HUD. Meaning it was a random open world event that popped while they were going further towards the area where the mission was set.
They didn't have to engage with it, it was a bonus and the monster couldn't stop them from just flying into the water.
That's not very engaging of a "world event". It's just a monster attack. Hopefully it won't be the only one of it's size or type out in the world. Seems to be tapping into Monster Hunter as inspiration.

I asked you that question because I find it crazy for people to write off something for not having something when they've no idea what the final content is in a game that's over half a year away.
It's not crazy to question the motive and reason for the stuff happening on the screen. Especially with the amount of no's this game has. Which could either be a good thing or a bad thing.

Stardestroyer

Oct 31, 2017
Some time ago, a Bioware game was synonim with good lore, good characters, interesting plotlines, some decisions here and there...
The new Bioware's games are more synonims of big-ass fantasy/sci-fi worlds with a souless lore, lots of boring content to do and repetitive gameplay.
Such a shame tbh.
Let's hope that Anthem is really better than DA:I and ME:A.
As a beta tester you have played a lot. How is it that vad?

enkaisu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
- Cosmetic microtransactions
- No snowy or desert areas
- Character creator, character is voiced, all are humans
- No character creation after initial creation at launch
- No AI party members
- No romances
- No other players in hubs, hubs are for story progression
- No underwater fights
- Conversation choices return, but branches are simpler
These are the deal breakers for me.

MotionBlue

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are we worried about Days Gone and not this?
I am. It looks boring. Enemy design is forgettable, and blends into the background so badly I couldn't tell what they were shooting at. The open world looks dead and empty. Bioware has been incredibly evasive to the monetization scheme.Content looks sparse.

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
6ucJXMa.gif

Nope, because it doesn't exist and is not Destiny at all.

People seem to be salivating at the mouth at the prospect of this game failing and it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
On romances, from a writer at Bioware.

Zero chance it's actually mentioned in game I feel though.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
That's not very engaging of a "world event". It's just a monster attack. Hopefully it won't be the only one of it's size or type out in the world. Seems to be tapping into Monster Hunter as inspiration.
It's one of the random events that can pop up in free play in the open world.
The article in Game Informer talks about this.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017

It's not crazy to question the motive and reason for the stuff happening on the screen. Especially with the amount of no's this game has. Which could either be a good thing or a bad thing.

I've learned to walk away from convos when the other person reduces things to something like this. So I'm out.

Andrew Lucas

Banned
Nov 27, 2017

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Because one is a niche game on one platform and the other is a blockbuster action game on three platforms? It's not exactly rocket science to see which game will dominate.
Open world zombie game is not niche at all though.

Also, the fact that it's an exclusive may entice PS4 fans into it more than to Anthem. PS4 fans are very loyal to their narrative-based single player games.

Across multiple characters you technically can, especially since all of your characters have access to the same weapons you have.
I see. I've just started playing the other day and didn't know that yet.

So it's the same, but not really the same. But I think the execution in Anthem is much better. Like it's fully integrated as a feature in the game. You have several types of javelines at your disposal, and you get to tinker them and choose which one to use for the upcoming mission.

Deleted member 41713

User requested account deletion
Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Honestly it just looks like a better looking destiny with flying. I feel that a bad story will automatically throw this game under the "destiny rip-off" category and it'll be forgotten.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
As a destiny fan this looks cool but gonna have to play it. Destiny is great because the shooting is super fun. Dunno if it was the switching cameras of what but was very hard to follow what was going on. Looks great but messy as in hard to tell what's what. I'm sure playing it will sort out my feeling can't wait.