• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Even if it is just competent and nothing game changing, I still think it will be a hit.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Even if it is just competent and nothing game changing, I still think it will be a hit.
Agreed. Just the nature of what it is, co-op shoot and loot with a AAA budget, basically guarantees a sales success. Will probably be Bioware's best selling game ever. Hearing that the gameplay is legit excellent makes me more confident in its success.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
I mean, it seems like the games up top are the ones you'd probably need to search out more info on? Like, they did that full thing on Anthem at EA and I still don't know wtf they're going for. Cyberpunk was just a trailer without any info. I bet people were desperately digging for more news on just how online focused Fallout 76 was. Even something like Jump Force just kind of dropped as a trailer without a ton to go on. If you're interested in those games, you're probably looking for more info, because they didn't present you with anything substantial.

Nintendo spent like 25 minutes on Smash in the Direct and lead off with it in the treehouse. Anyone who wanted to learn about it was probably going to tune in there. Same with TLoU2 and Spidey. What information did you need to look for in regards to those games following their showings? You know what you're getting. Probably the same as Call of Duty, there is no single player, you know what you're getting in multi. It not showing up here is meaningless. None of this will translate directly to sales and I don't even think it translates to a general interest either.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't explain Jump Force over Smash Bros. What did they do at IGN to get so much traffic for Jump Force or so little for Smash?

spartan112g

Banned
May 5, 2018
I can't explain Jump Force over Smash Bros. What did they do at IGN to get so much traffic for Jump Force or so little for Smash?
It was probably the whole Jump Force being a surprise while we all knew Smash was going to be there. It is also a testament to how iconic Naruto, Goku, and Luffy are rather than anything to do with the game. Goku is many people's childhood hero.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You clearly seem okay with Anthem being #1 here lmao. The mental gymnastics.
I don't understand what this post means.

IGN's own gameplay video of Anthem from E3 has less than 3 million views: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TrdCtCkghg

Anthem isn't in the first page of GameStop's best-sellers: https://www.gamestop.com/browse/xbox-one/games?nav=28-xu0,131e0-ffff2418
It's not even available on Amazon.

Hell, IGN's own list doesn't even list Anthem in the top upcoming 25 games: http://www.ign.com/upcoming/games , albeit I don't even know where it is in that list, because that portion of the website appears to be completely broken.

Did you look at this? Anthem's official E3 trailer is #20:

Last edited:

DarkLordMalik

Oct 27, 2017
It's a sequel to a pretty hated game that came out four years ago (32/40 on Famitsu!)... Not sure it should have been that out of nowhere for people.

But many people in the general public are excited about it for some reason.
The reveal trailer was hype though and the potential to get Death Note and other popular anime fighters is there.

The original Jump Force wasn't exactly a good game so they can only go up from there.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
This makes the IGN stats look really suspect.

Also, everyone loves Doom apparently.
The low number of likes on the DOOM video compared to videos with about the same number of views means it's been run as an ad highly inflating the view number. Same with the Fallout video.

Cyberpunk and The Last of Us 2 were far ahead of everything else before that.

Oct 29, 2017
For me personally Anthem might be a "Destiny killer" as the traversal looks incredible, the world looks to be an actual world rather than a lifeless sandbox and the mage like class is looking more unique than the warlock I currently play in Destiny.

Obviously I need more information before this happens, but I've already started conversations with my Destiny group about switching over to Anthem when it releases and everybody has been in agreement so far after seeing current footage/hearing Bioware is behind the game.

Nokterian

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Euroland
I'm still super skeptic about Anthem, still not enough information on how the game will work with loot for example.

For me it is simple really i keep my distance these days and see after it launches and that is with EA games of late, there trust has been shattered for me since ME Andromeda and BF1 and off course Battlefront II that broke it all.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
... why? I mean, I remember old Bioware with fondness, but the last decade has been rough stuff. Anthem looks ok but under no circumstances will I preorder it. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice (or five times)...

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it seems like the games up top are the ones you'd probably need to search out more info on? Like, they did that full thing on Anthem at EA and I still don't know wtf they're going for. Cyberpunk was just a trailer without any info. I bet people were desperately digging for more news on just how online focused Fallout 76 was. Even something like Jump Force just kind of dropped as a trailer without a ton to go on. If you're interested in those games, you're probably looking for more info, because they didn't present you with anything substantial.

Nintendo spent like 25 minutes on Smash in the Direct and lead off with it in the treehouse. Anyone who wanted to learn about it was probably going to tune in there. Same with TLoU2 and Spidey. What information did you need to look for in regards to those games following their showings? You know what you're getting. Probably the same as Call of Duty, there is no single player, you know what you're getting in multi. It not showing up here is meaningless. None of this will translate directly to sales and I don't even think it translates to a general interest either.
Your so right, after E3 I spent my time looking for more info on Jump Force and CP2077 compared to games like TLOU2 and spidey that had gameplay and information out there, so not surprised if other viewers did the same clicking articals that barly had any info when they showed trailers etc

Spacecowboy

Oct 27, 2017
Really, Anthem?

Since they said the game has no companions, my hype for the game dropped to 0. Surprised to see it up there.

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been on the Anthem hype train since day one and I've been scouring the net for any news on it since last Saturday and I've read quite a few IGN articles myself which is a site I don't normally visit.

I know it's cool to hate on games like Anthem on Era but that doesn't matter, this game is going to be huge!

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
I'm surprised RE2 isn't on there.

This list is also relevant to what IGN covers.

If every other article they run is about Anthem, then well - they'll get a lot of traffic regarding Anthem related coverage. Other than a demo write up and video, there wasn't much about RE2.

Or I'm out of touch for some reason another the kids really like Anthem. You know, get loot - make the numbers go up, rinse and repeat.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
Do people use IGN anymore? Im not trying to troll or anything just wondering because dont people use sites like youtube and twitch for gaming news these days?
Nothing comes close to them in popularity, they're as mainstream as they can get. Besides there is nothing surprising about this list, literally nothing.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I literally have no idea what the hell Jump Force is. Upon googling it looks like a new Shonen Jump game? I somehow missed the entire reveal despite watching Sony's and Microsoft's live and didn't even know anyone irl or on twitter who was talking about it.

Nov 11, 2017
This surprises me.. it just looks very bland and without personality. But I only saw the conference gameplay demo. I did hear it plays really nicely though.

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im more surprised IGN is considered relevant in any way. They are The Daily Star of the games world.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Like I've said before, Anthem is the classic "ERA doesn't give a shit about it but will sell millions of copies and they won't understand why" game

Tbh Anthem has always impressed people in every showing even here. The negative talk was because of EA and monetization and troubled development, but the actual game never lost its hype. This is not like Ghost Recon or Destiny 2.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm really surprised by this given general YouTube stats in the other thread, with Anthem in 20th place for trailer views.

Did IGN run more Anthem coverage, media, videos, articles etc? Perhaps some exclusive footage? Or is Anthem something people are searching and reading about more than they are watching the YT trailer for?

Rozart

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really surprised by this given general YouTube stats in the other thread, with Anthem in 20th place for trailer views.

Did IGN run more Anthem coverage, media, videos, articles etc? Perhaps some exclusive footage? Or is Anthem something people are searching and reading about more than they are watching the YT trailer for?

Yeah, same here. I'm mostly surprised by the disparity between this and the YT stats.

That and the apparent interest in Jump Force over Smash.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
It was probably the whole Jump Force being a surprise while we all knew Smash was going to be there. It is also a testament to how iconic Naruto, Goku, and Luffy are rather than anything to do with the game. Goku is many people's childhood hero.

Just confirms to me Goku would've been a much better final character reveal for Smash Ultimate than Ridley. It's over. Smash is dead

Yeah, same here. I'm mostly surprised by the disparity between this and the YT stats.

That and the apparent interest in Jump Force over Smash.

It doesn't really mean anything though. Smash will outsell Jump Force's entire LTD within one month of release. Possibly even within one week. And that's with Jump Force even being a success