• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
TM2012 had some awesome huge maps with vertical subsections as well

The sheer scale of a map needed for a Battle Royale mode in fast-paced car-combat game is inconceivable. They'll figure it out I guess

Det

Jul 30, 2020
I do hope it's more dark comedy. It's been a while since I played TM way back, don't remember too much of the comedy stye/tone.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I don't remember how the old games controlled at all at this point, but I wonder how they'll do it in this theoretical new one. Seems like the Halo/Fortnite vehicle model of using the left stick to propel movement allows for a lot more camera control/aiming, so maybe they'll go that route. I just hope it has an amazing damage modeling system. Let me crunch cars into a tiny ball.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The sheer scale of a map needed for a Battle Royale mode in fast-paced car-combat game is inconceivable. They'll figure it out I guess
At the same time we were effectively doing this in GTA 4/5. The whole-ass map and yet we all somehow always ended up at the airport doing car combat down the runway

Scuttlefluff

Oct 28, 2017
Wouldn't it be crazy if SSM suddenly did a God of War for Twisted Metal? And by that I mean just huge, impressive reboot.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Also I initially misread the title of the thread as saying "Anthony Mackie to star as Joe Playstation" and I think I might be even more on board if they did that

Misterhbk

Oct 27, 2017
The way PlayStation is branding themselves, into pop culture is Disney/Marvel like. Between stuff like this and the Last of Us, we could really see their market grow. After the massive success of the PS4 that is crazy to even think about.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Honest question, did he play any role like this in the past? Not judging his capabilities just genuinely wondering if there was any role in the past in the same vein as this one.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how I feel about that. Sure, there was some humor in the games but I wouldn't call them comedy. Hopefully this turns out to be good. I really want to see another game.

Outside of Black and the PS3 game, I would 100% say they are comedy mixed with violence. And while Black is easily my favorite, TM2 is a close second.

Jun 12, 2021
I hope this is successful only because I really like the over the top ridiculous character of Sweet Tooth and would love to see him in a new game. There were some rumors about Will Arnett being involved in this too? Could be solid

supkid

Oct 29, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Not a big fan of Mackie and wasn't interested at all when I first heard about this, but after reading the premise it sounds like it could be decent.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
As long as this leads to a new Twisted Metal game then I'm all for it. Give me Twisted Metal!

Nov 21, 2017
The way PlayStation is branding themselves, into pop culture is Disney/Marvel like. Between stuff like this and the Last of Us, we could really see their market grow. After the massive success of the PS4 that is crazy to even think about.

Other than Uncharted which was in development hell before PlayStation Productions was even established pretty much every PlayStation Productions project they announced has great talent attached to each of them.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The thing they need to get right the most is Needles Kane / Sweet Tooth, because he is Twisted Metal.

He needs to be the big bad of the show. Make him insane, scary and psychotic and it could be really good because a good show needs a good villain.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If they make a new Twisted Metal game, I just hope it goes back to be a dark COMEDY like the original games were instead of the grimdark edgelord grindhouse stuff from Black.

Twisted Metal is inherently stupid. Let it be stupid, Sony.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Considering Sony TV Pictures track record on shows I am actually interested in this. If it is even half as good as Breaking Bad or The Boys we will have something good to watch.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
Well, I mean, the got the first part right of this adaption: don't actually try and adapt the source material as is, or anything resembling it.

They seem to have gotten decent writers, so that's another box checked off.

Cast? Not sure Anthony Mackie seems like the right person for carrying this type of show, but he's shown some comedic chops here and there.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
This will probably be bad but I will definitely watch.
It has the Deadpool and Cobra Kai writers on it, and the fact that they're getting high profile actors like Mackie means they're taking it seriously and budget likely won't be an issue. if anything this will be one of the first well done video game tv show adaptations.

Nov 21, 2017
It has the Deadpool and Cobra Kai writers on it, and the fact that they're getting high profile actors like Mackie means they're taking it seriously and budget likely won't be an issue. if anything this will be one of the first well done video game tv show adaptations.

Mackie is also an executive producer on the show too.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Peacock? Well ok then. Guess I'll have to subscribe for a month once the show is out. Looking forward to it.