excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Assault

• 265 (1) A person commits an assault when
    • (a) without the consent of another person, he applies force intentionally to that other person, directly or indirectly;

• (b) he attempts or threatens, by an act or a gesture, to apply force to another person, if he has, or causes that other person to believe on reasonable grounds that he has, present ability to effect his purpose; or

• (c) while openly wearing or carrying a weapon or an imitation thereof, he accosts or impedes another person or begs.
Just saying he can be charged that's all.

Yah saying KKK was stupid. I meant racists.

Racists aren't subtle with their violence

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Right I'm just going to state this.

Violence is not just physical, it can be verbal and psychological and this guy was clearly violent in his rhetoric.

To me, anyone who felt attacked by this man had the right to defend themselves, including by getting the guy soaked.

Racists know that people can't equate the violence in words with violence of a physical nature despite one begetting the other and causing more harm.

You don't shut down violent words and you're going to get violence. The guy should be arrested and charged with hate speech.

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Assault

• 265 (1) A person commits an assault when
    • (a) without the consent of another person, he applies force intentionally to that other person, directly or indirectly;

• (b) he attempts or threatens, by an act or a gesture, to apply force to another person, if he has, or causes that other person to believe on reasonable grounds that he has, present ability to effect his purpose; or

• (c) while openly wearing or carrying a weapon or an imitation thereof, he accosts or impedes another person or begs.
Just saying he can be charged that's all.

Yah saying KKK was stupid. I meant racists.
How do you really feel?

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
why are people acting like Kilmonger tossed him over the waterfall to his death?

He barely gets pushed and falls into a shallow pool. Like, kids have fallen in there trying to collect change.

The discrepancy between the concern for racists being slightly inconvenienced vs actual constant life altering or ending violence against the victims of racists is disgusting

Same people cheered when the government was pushing back BLM protestors

Nov 30, 2017
Racists aren't subtle with their violence

Not saying hide the violence. I meant hide your face, even though you may be doing a good thing, you run the risk of having a criminal record on your life. What if that guys head got bashed when he fell?

That guy that pushed him now faces worse charges and ruining your life over a guy protesting? He should have just grabbed the sign and ripped it apart.

Mar 10, 2018
You can't change someones opinion with violence and hate. It just reinforces their feelings on the issue. You'll never change people through fear.
You couldn't change this bigot's opinion, period. That's not what the guy who threw him in the fountain was trying to do. It was a simple case of talk shit, get hit.

When are you people gonna realize that some people are beyond convincing.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
You know your priorities are fucked when the first thing that comes to your mind "oh no the poor bigot got wet, violence isn't the answer guys"

Wtf.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Not saying hide the violence. I meant hide your face, even though you may be doing a good thing, you run the risk of having a criminal record on your life. What if that guys head got bashed when he fell?

That guy that pushed him now faces worse charges and ruining your life over a guy protesting? He should have just grabbed the sign and ripped it apart.

Wait

First you invoked the KKK (hide their face makes sense there)

But when you got called out for invoking the KKK you said you misspoke and meant racists not KKK

Now you're saying you meant hide their identities..

But racists don't hide their identities... KKK members did... but you said you didn't really mean KKK you meant racists.

Your defense of your argument is frankly all over the place and doesn't lend to a charitable interpretation.

Oct 30, 2017
I just did a two minute search into the shooter and it clearly states he didn't follow Islam and police have yet to find any religious motivation or affiliation. Did anyone in this thread know this? I've been reading some posts and no one's bringing it up yet.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Definitions of "Muslim" from various sources

A Muslim (Arabic: مُسلِم‎) is someone who follows or practices Islam, a monotheistic Abrahamic religion.

Muslim (plural Muslims, feminine Muslimah or Muslima)
  1. A person who is a follower and believer of Islam.
    I just saw a group of Shia Muslims praying.
Definition of Muslim
: an adherent of Islam

adjective
noun, plural Mus·lims, Mus·lim.

I'm not going to get into why protesting Islam is a dumb idea in this post, but I'll enlighten you if you so wish.

Also, there's this:
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/muslim
I saw on reddit someone ID'd him as Eric Brazeau who has done a few stunts like this before, and apparently hasn't learned his lesson.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/toronto-man-given-9-months-in-jail-for-promoting-hatred-1.1755900

Images in the article and the video match up.

Don't defend this man.

So it's blatantly obvious that he's not really concerned for the "dangers" of Islamic ideology, he just hates people who practice Islam.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They should erect a statue of the man pathetically falling into that fountain to memorialize this moment

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Lol. What if the racist started shooting people? There's no point in talking hypothetical scenarios. So just stop. Also, stop referring to the guy as a protestor. He is a raging racist.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Definitions of "Muslim" from various sources

A Muslim (Arabic: مُسلِم‎) is someone who follows or practices Islam, a monotheistic Abrahamic religion.

Muslim (plural Muslims, feminine Muslimah or Muslima)
  1. A person who is a follower and believer of Islam.
    I just saw a group of Shia Muslims praying.
Definition of Muslim
: an adherent of Islam

adjective
noun, plural Mus·lims, Mus·lim.

I'm not going to get into why protesting Islam is a dumb idea in this post, but I'll enlighten you if you so wish.

Also, there's this:

So it's blatantly obvious that he's not really concerned for the "dangers" of Islamic ideology, he just hates people who practice Islam.
I think you missed the source of the confusion. You see, he didn't read OP.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Richard Spencer was a Nazi on the rise in both influence and popularity and was more emboldened than ever by the election of Trump until he famously got punched in the face and publicly humiliated all over the Internet. He didn't appear in public for months out of fear and his reputation, and the significance of his movement, never recovered as he now can't stage a speech without being run out of town. And when he does lol up somewhere he draws crowds of less than s dozen people confronted by ten times as many counter protestors.

Deplatforming Nazis and associated racists works and if it takes some level of violence to accomplish it then so be it.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus what a bunch of monsters! We all know that we are supposed to wait until the Nazis are lining up minorities in front of firing squads before we can push them into fountains. How rude!

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I think you missed the source of the confusion. You see, he didn't read OP.
And he's banned now, so I typed all that for nothing, lol. Seriously though, I hope not reading the OP is an official bannable offense, drives me mad when people storm into a thread and talk shit without reading the OP. I'm sure we've all done it, but it's still dumb as hell.

Nov 30, 2017
Wait

First you invoked the KKK (hide their face makes sense there)

But when you got called out for invoking the KKK you said you misspoke and meant racists not KKK

Now you're saying you meant hide their identities..

But racists don't hide their identities... KKK members did... but you said you didn't really mean KKK you meant racists.

Your defense of your argument is frankly all over the place and doesn't lend to a charitable interpretation.

Yah I shouldn't have even said that last line in the first place. Either way the racist got what he deserved, just hope he doesn't press charges on the guy who pushed him.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
And he's banned now, so I typed all that for nothing, lol. Seriously though, I hope not reading the OP is an official bannable offense, drives me mad when people storm into a thread and talk shit without reading the OP. I'm sure we've all done it, but it's still dumb as hell.
I haven't, in all honesty, though I have skimmed and missed stuff before, which is just a semantic difference.
I agree, obviously not reading before commenting, especially when you then don't read up on it after you start a discussion with your post, should not be accepted.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
how did this thread result in someone advising doing things like the kkk
how does anyone's thought process result in advising someone to do things like the kkk

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Richard Spencer was a Nazi on the rise in both influence and popularity and was more emboldened than ever by the election of Trump until he famously got punched in the face and publicly humiliated all over the Internet. He didn't appear in public for months out of fear and his reputation, and the significance of his movement, never recovered as he now can't stage a speech without being run out of town. And when he does lol up somewhere he draws crowds of less than s dozen people confronted by ten times as many counter protestors.

Deplatforming Nazis and associated racists works and if it takes some level of violence to accomplish it then so be it.

This, right the fuck here.

Oct 25, 2017
Right I'm just going to state this.

Violence is not just physical, it can be verbal and psychological and this guy was clearly violent in his rhetoric.

To me, anyone who felt attacked by this man had the right to defend themselves, including by getting the guy soaked.

Racists know that people can't equate the violence in words with violence of a physical nature despite one begetting the other and causing more harm.

You don't shut down violent words and you're going to get violence. The guy should be arrested and charged with hate speech.

Ding ding ding. The one and only reasonable take-away from this situation. Propagating the idea that minorities need to be cleansed = you've forfeited your rights as far as I'm concerned. If someone wants to body slam you into a fountain or worse at that point, I have zero sympathy. Get fucked.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE

This this this.

Spencer got fucked up and deplatformed. A little bit of roughing up worked.

People who are concerned and judge what happened to this guy, and Spencer before (there were plenty of those in Spencer centric discussions on gaf), offer a better alternative that is proven to work and you'll get more people behind you. Otherwise you're just not offering anything of value. Not doing anything is never ever a solution with these kind of people.

Fruit&Nut

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Mar 16, 2018
I have zero problem with racists and bigots who antagonise getting the shit beat out of them. It needs to happen far more. Far too many neo Nazis on the streets.

fierrotlepou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I 100% agree.

Nazis and racist people spreading hatred are extremely dangerous. No way that their words should be taken lightly and no way that we should refrain from using violence (if needed) to stop them. This is on a whole other level than "free speech".

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

/thread

HierArch

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Inflammatory drive-by
He should've known you can't criticize Islam. Pick Christianity next time buddy.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Racist, violence inciting monsters have to recognize that humanity as a whole will not tolerate their lot.

Today is a fountain...

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
It amazes me the lengths people with go to defend "non violence". If you stir shit and people respond, if you get smacked the fuck up, no one needs to defend or feel sorry for you.

Maybe in everyone's fantasy world, there are no emotions or negative reactions but on earth, you can't say and do whatever you want then preach non violence.

Such a joke.
Damn straight.

But being spineless is easy. Non violence is sometimes just the cowards way of trying to look virtuous.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
He should've known you can't criticize Islam. Pick Christianity next time buddy.
I really hope you have a good backup argument for how what he was talking about was related to Islam, and why this protest made sense, in general.
Because right now you're just defending a guy who keeps pulling hateful shit even after he was sentenced to nine months in jail after he was convicted of willfully promoting hatred against Muslims, and was convicted of criminal harassment and mischief.