Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
If you don't want the vaccine or wear a mask, whatever. Your ignorance is hurting you and others, but still...whatever.

But don't come at for wearing a mask and getting the vaccine. I'm patiently waiting for the day someone approaches me for wearing a mask...

Already had trumpists (yes they were carrying trump flags) in MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA coming to me and yelling FREEDOM because I was wearing a mask outside. Also some colleagues had shit thrown at them. These were happening during the "protests" on weekends which hopefully will die out soon.

Oh bonus, they also asked me to go back to my country.

Last edited:

butzopower

Oct 27, 2017
London
Proposing an alternative that negates the behavior of murderous asshats is presumptuous and privileged? What are you on about?

For one, a lot of these vaccines have very short shelf lives and so not understanding demand would mean there's either loads of waste or loads of people arriving, potentially exposing themselves to the virus, and not able to get vaccinated.

Also there's loads of people without vehicles and cell phones in the UK, especially among the elderly, so your plan basically fucks over the groups that are most vulnerable.

It's a bad suggestion that isn't considered of how any of this works.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Don't you have to use your NHS number or receive an eligibility notification from your GP to book for a vaccine? How is it even possible to block book like this?

I got my booster on Friday after waiting for the text to say I was eligible for one.

davidnolan13

Oct 27, 2017
north east uk
i got my booster at asda but still had to go through the nhs site, i couldnt remember my nhs number but still had to put in my birthday and other identifying things that are registered with my gp so surely if there multiple appointments booked with a certain person and they arent turning up maybe have them paid a visit and fine them or something.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
For one, a lot of these vaccines have very short shelf lives and so not understanding demand would mean there's either loads of waste or loads of people arriving, potentially exposing themselves to the virus, and not able to get vaccinated.

Also there's loads of people without vehicles and cell phones in the UK, especially among the elderly, so your plan basically fucks over the groups that are most vulnerable.

It's a bad suggestion that isn't considered of how any of this works.
The whole point is about giving the vaccines away to those who show up rather than waste them, so you've completely misconstrued my point.

And the vulnerable people in question don't have cars but do have access and understanding of the internet? I think you don't understand the demographic you profess to advocate for here.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
The whole point is about giving the vaccines away to those who show up rather than waste them, so you've completely misconstrued my point.

And the vulnerable people in question don't have cars but do have access and understanding of the internet? I think you don't understand the demographic you profess to advocate for here.
They often have people who can book for them or access to a library for example. You can also book through calling. I don't think you understand how long some of the queues are either. Like your point is just plain complicated and penalises the people who are doing the right thing, and ignores that vaccines aren't going to waste anyway. There's a long line of walk ins at each centre I've been to anyway even with the appointment system - you just go past them if you do have an appointment

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
They often have people who can book for them or access to a library for example. You can also book through calling. I don't think you understand how long some of the queues are either. Like your point is just plain complicated and penalises the people who are doing the right thing, and ignores that vaccines aren't going to waste anyway. There's a long line of walk ins at each centre I've been to anyway even with the appointment system - you just go past them if you do have an appointment
So they're being wasted or they're not? If they're not, then the suggestion is completely unnecessary. They need to be doing some type of identity verification instead.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
As shitty as that is - and it should be assault or attempted manslaughter or whatever UK charges can be made to fit - but I'd do dirty things to get my countries rates to 90%!

I vaccinated almost 40 kids from 5 to 11 yesterday, but you can't expect adults to do their part, no, sir, a quarter of German adults just HAS to be selfish assholes. Well, not even that, the vaccines are protecting them as well,, so it's just stupid. STUPID assholes is a more fitting description.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So now that I'm checking it, it doesn't seem likely that anti vaxxers were able to block book based on how the booking system works. You can't book more than one test, because you have to cancel. Telegraph didn't do any fact checking on this, it seems like.

Culex

Oct 29, 2017
So now that I'm checking it, it doesn't seem likely that anti vaxxers were able to block book based on how the booking system works. You can't book more than one test, because you have to cancel. Telegraph didn't do any fact checking on this, it seems like.
This only works with a large amount of people doing this, since you have to input your personal info.

Oct 27, 2017
Pro-Disease is a better term for them.

Seriously, if they are around in the 1800s they would protest Florence Nightingale suggesting improvements to Nursing.

They've always been about (1918):
00xp-virus-1918masks-anti-articleLarge.jpg

Arilian

Oct 29, 2020
It's happening (or happened) in France, but at best, those actions should result in a partially open bottle lost and most vaccines centres have a list that help them take care of those (vaccine centres are simply calling someone else to take the possibly lost jabs, and because we are right in the booster campaign, most centres have access to plenty of willing arms).

It's annoying for sure, but those morons may ultimately be the ones wasting their time.

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm extremely tired of bedding these assholes. Last week I accepted over 100 transfers to our facility of unvaccinated Covid patients with varying degrees of respiratory failure, between the ages of 25 to 92.

it really does a number on your compassion, because each one of these people is taking a bed and a ventilator away from a vaccinated patient coming for a different serious medical issue.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
If you don't want the vaccine, fine. But trying to block other people and kids from getting it should be jail worthy.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
This should honestly be a crime. Like if you want to never take the vaccine....there's a lot of shit I can say but at the end of the day I can't tell you what to do with your life. But when you're actively trying to fuck with people who are trying to get it then at that point you're being a fucking menace.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
Just perpetually lock down people who refuse to get vaccinated. It's that simple. Not only are they actively choosing to be a danger but now they're pulling shit like this.