• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Antz (1998) vs It's a Bug's Life (1998)

• Antz (1998)

• It's a Bug's Life (1998)

Results are only viewable after voting.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Antz is ugly with a really boring mc.

A Bug's Life has Heimlich, Niles as a stickbug, the pill bug boys and the Black Widow widow spider.

A Bug's Life. No contest.

This sequence is genius:

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember much from Antz besides the war scene. The whole movie was really off-putting as a kid, especially the character designs. I loved A Bug's Life.

They have a different approach and both are good for what they wanted to do and have their own good ideas.
But in the end, the colorful, funny and charming world of Bug's Life appeals more to me. I would rather watch that again than Antz.
But both are good movies.

DragonElm

Oct 28, 2017
UAE
I liked Antz because it had a more mature story and it was more interesting than a Bug's life.

But visually I prefer A Bug's Life which I thought was just bright and fun. I tend to rewatch A Bug's Life more than Antz.

lidmat

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
I tried re-watching Antz recently, and I couldn't make it past one scene. The animations and textures aged poorly.

Deleted member 18347

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like Bug's Life a lot more personally. Especially the music.

But Antz has the best character. Barbatus.

He deserved way better. But went out like a hero.
The broest of bros. I might actually vote AntZ.