Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried looking online but I find a lot of the guides complicated and most of them outdated, even on Reddit. So I figure I'd ask here.
I'm level 56, I've beat all the story missions, beat all the cultists and all the mercenaries except the last one. Now I need to tackle the legendary beasts.
I want to build an op bow hunter.
Right now I'm using the Achilles's Bow, the Arachne Stingers, Dagger of Kronus and the Athenian War Hero Set. Most of my damage revolves around the devastating shot. All my engravings are either headshot damage or CRIT Damage, but I don't do shit to the legendary beasts and the last mercenary takes 75% of my health with one hit.

Any help?

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
What do you mean by the last Mercenary? S4? Anyway, my build was similar I think, except I used the Hade's Bow at all opportunities.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Builds in AC Odyssey are so complicated.. take a look at these videos, they might help you out

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I just did all fire damage bonuses paired with devestating shot bonuses, that made doing...basically everything possible. I didn't use any particularly prebuilt set up.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is my current build...

Basically burns everything to death in a few hits. Basically you just want a lot of fire and crit on your armor.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Haven't played since the last patch but iirc it's always best to find purple gear with bonuses suited towards your playstyle rather than wearing a full-set.

if you are using the Archane stingers, I suggest changing your bow to the Fanged bow and then add the 20% Devasting Shot engravement onto one piece of your gear.
Guide to find the bow:
https://gamewith.net/assassins-creed-odyssey/article/show/944

Also, max out Poison damage for max effectiveness.

I will say, the legendary beast mission were tough no matter how geared I was and always took a lot of attempts and constant healing and dodging. I basically cheesed my way with constant healing using Second Wind and would spam arrows with the occasional Devasting Shot.

This was pre-patch but with this same build, I was able to 5 shot any mercenary with Devasting bow with the same build.

Good luck.