• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I just started Monster Boy and I see these Penguin Royal guards, and I so want to play as them instead of my porky ass. I know he turns into other animals later, but none of them look as cool as the penguins.

mcnGYUM.jpg

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In FF7 when you get a chance to control Sephiroth in the flashback.... you just wanna keep using him when that part ends!

Deleted member 42472

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 21, 2018
As alignment meter bad? I guess Star Wars if you have a thing for palps?

As in "So that mother fucker is totally evil, right?": Basically every single MMO with cosmetics. Just go to your hub town of choice and look at the number of people who look angelic and have glowing halos versus the people with demon wings and horns and fire coming out of their taints.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Quest humans of diminishing Toriyama returns just cannot compare to the pun filled monster menagerie, yet even in DQM titles you still control a smelly human lead, disgusting.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I like that Battlefleet Gothic II is focusing on two "evil" factions for this reason (in addition to the regular Imperial campaign there's the Necrons and Tyranids available, two factions that frequently feature only as unplayable enemies). The Chaos DLC is a bit 50-50, while Chaos is usually the big bad they're also common enough that you get to play as Chaos sometimes.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Vergil for sure. Sure you can technically play him in the games, but it's not as fleshed out as Dante's campaign which I would've preferred more. I'd still want to play as Dante though.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this counts, but I've always wanted to play a GTA game from the angle of the cops. Just roaming around minding my business when someone shoots a rocket launcher from a lambo. Sounds like fun

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Lanselot Tartaros from Tactics Ogre and Delita and Wiegraf from Final Fantasy Tactics all trump their respective milquetoast looking protags Denam and Ramza.