Oct 28, 2017
Top 10 is such a fluid thing. But of the top of my head Bloodborne and Binding of Issac: Rebirth is there for sure.

Hollow Knight, Papers Please and Undertale also might get on the list.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I don't have a "top 10", but TLOU II is my GOAT.

Also love Stardew Valley, think I did everything I could before some new updates.

Oct 30, 2017
These 10 choices cracked into my top 10 categorizes wise:

Red Dead Redemption 2 ( in overall )
Final Fantasy VII Remake ( in overall )
Dragon Quest XI ( in JRPG )
Bloodborne ( in Atmosphere )
Resident Evil 2 ( in survival horror )
God of War ( in Action Adventure )
Metro Trilogy ( in FPS )
Life is Strange 1 ( in story driven games )
Tales of Berseria ( in JRPG )
Uncharted 4 ( in Action Adventure )

Zutter

Oct 19, 2018
Dishonored 2 and Persona 5 most probably. Though I've never really thought about what my top 10 would be.

Tales of Berseria and Dragon Quest XI might also be contenders.

OP
OP
trimin

trimin

Oct 25, 2017
The Last of Us Part II, Breath of the Wild, Red Dead Redemption II, Bloodborne, Titanfall 2.

The remaining would have been something like Ocarina of time, Starcraft Brood War, Sleeping Dogs, Trials and Tribulations, Unreal Tournament.

Omg yes!

1. UT99
2. Diablo 2
3. Dark Souls

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think most of the best games of all time have been made in the last generation. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Rocket League, Bloodborne, God of War, Last of Us 2, Breath of the Wild, GT Sport, COD Warzone, a bunch of others too. Gaming is better than ever.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Last of Us Part II and Breath of the Wild.

toad02

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
Man, last gen was great!
For sure Bloodborne, Breath of the Wild and Red Dead Redemtion 2 got into my top 10.
Probably Last of Us Part II, Nier Automata and Hollow Knight too but I have to think about it.
10 is a tight number.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Yakuza 0 is my #3 of all time, and Bloodborne and Resident Evil 2 are, if not top 10, then top 20 for sure. Life is Strange was also incredibly impactful for me, especially the episodic nature of it, playing it across that entire year, back in 2015.

Doing a top 10 is pretty hard, I'm only completely certain about my top 3 (Resident Evil 4, Shadow of the Colossus, Yakuza 0).

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I don't really think so, but my top 10 is based on nostalgia.
MGSV TPP is one of the best games I've ever played though. Oh, RDR2 as well: that one might actually be a top 10 tbh.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne, Sekiro, and TLoU2. There are a ton of other games that I think would be in the mix, too. However, those three would definitely make my top ten list if I was writing it right now.

DrHercouet

May 25, 2018
France
WipEout Omega Collection VR and AstroBot Rescue Mission made it gloriously. Persona 5 Royal is on the verge of kicking Xenoblade Chronicles 1 out but I'm not sure yet.

LaoJim

Mar 29, 2020
Well Geometry Wars 3 is my all time favourite game - but that was cross-gen and I played it on XBox 360 first, so I'm not sure it counts.

Forza Horizon may well be the best arcade racing game ever, but I'm not sure any of the individual entries get on the list above other more ground-breaking games. I think Hitman 1 and 2 probably count as one unified entry.

Apart from that, I can't think of anything this generation that is truely special - most of my recent top ten are from game series that started in the 7th gen - Arkham Asylum, Bayonetta, Dark Souls - a lot of longer running series haven't necessarily produced anything more memorable this gen. That said, ask me again in 5 years when I've actually finished my backlog.

Zen_Master

Nov 15, 2020
I feel like I could make up a good 5 out of 10 with last gen's games, including in no particular order Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata, Doom, DQXI, AC Odyssey & Valhalla, Witcher 3

jesu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
UK
Dying Light joins Dead Island in my top ten.
And Forza Horizon 4 is now my favourite racing game so that would be in there.

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
For sure, I have a hard time ranking experiences but I will mention Outer Wilds, its a really special game that I cant compare with anything else.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Off the top of my head now I can only think of Persona 5 and maybe Wipeout Omega, there's a lot of games I haven't got around to playing yet though.

Not sure what the others would be, definitely FFVIII, Dark Souls, Suikoden 5 and Metroid Prime

Edit - I would maybe say FFXIV Shadowbringers if that counts

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Steins;Gate

I think both of those two will be staying in my top 10 for a long time.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
Quite a few actually. Last gen was amazing.

Sekiro
Bloodborne
RDR2
God of War
Uncharted 4

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
God of War
Persona 5
Stardew Valley
The Witness

Generally a lot of games that I wouldn't normally look after much.

Deleted member 59261

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 16, 2019
The Last of Us Part II, God of War (2018), Witcher 3 and Bloodborne certainly did. But I'm not completely done with the last generation yet so maybe more games will join my top 10. My backlog can be seen in the picture. Got a lot of nice games to play.
rpmknZe.png

Last edited:
May 24, 2019
Forza Horizon 4 (as a representation of the whole series) might be the only thing to penetrate the wall of Mega Drive and PS1 games that define my gamelife.
edit: And OutRun 2's in there too.

TLOU2 and Bloodborne combined aren't powerful enough to topple Jumping Flash!

Last edited:

Jane

Oct 17, 2018
Just Xenoblade 2 I think.

EDIT: I guess Danganronpa 2 and Persona 4 Golden if the Vita counts as last gen 🤔

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Bloodborne
Persona 5
Nier Automata
Final Fantasy XV

I could actually add more but those games are the first that pops into my head. Man.....we had an incredible generation.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Metal Gear Solid V is one of the best games I've ever played, so that's definitely found a place in my all-time top ten.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Practically all of them and I've been gaming since the late 80's. Gaming is better than ever. Unless I were to make a top 10 based on nostalgia where I adjusted it to how much I enjoyed the games for the time of their release.

Not set in stone but probably:
Bloodborne
The Witcher 3
Dark Souls III
Sunset Overdrive
The Last Guardian
Yakuza 0
Mario Kart 8 DX (undeniably the better version even if I played mostly on the Wii U)
TLoU2

The only old games I would consider for the list are Demon's/Dark Souls, SotC, Metroid Prime and older Zelda games.

Last edited:

Necromanti

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've stopped doing lists since I've been finding it harder and harder to rank games.

All I know is that Outer Wilds is my game of the generation, so I guess that's at the top for the foreseeable future.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne, Persona 5, and Breath of the Wild for sure.

Maybe RE2make as well.

Heropon_

Oct 31, 2017
In fact most of my top 10 comes from this gen :
The Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild
CrossCode
Slay the Spire
Celeste
Octopath Traveler
Baba is You

Mostly indies, and I've many 2020 indies to catch up.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Sea of thieves I'd say stands out, for the amount of fun/stress/suspense and thrills it creates with every new session.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
Umineko is the greatest experience I've ever had in gaming, followed by BoTW and MGS5, I'd also put The House in Fata Morgana right there and probably Resident Evil 2. So that's make it half of the list

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne changed my entire taste in video games. It was my first souls-like and I doubt it'll ever get dethroned from the top of my list.

Hades was my introduction to rogue-likes and I dumped nearly 100 hours into it. It's probably very close to Bloodborne as one of my favourite games of all time.

Xcom 2 after the expansions is probably the greatest SRPG ever made.