Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Btw im still savinf up to buy it in november. So, does it mean november wont be too late for me to get it?

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
As far as Germany is concerned I know for a fact that the biggest retailers are still fulfilling September pre orders with any new stock that arrives (at a drip feed speed).

Anytime PS5s go up for sale it's a matter of seconds.
In my circle of friends some got lucky (I did) while others are either waiting or have bought off eBay for 800€.

All in all I highly doubt that there will be PS5s sitting on shelves this year tbh.

I hate scalpers and all but if you really want a console anytime soon that's the only reliable option.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Rats. Not sure I want to give £450 of my salary to Sony quite this badly really.

I get it, pandemic, but it's still quite frustrating that they can't manage this a little better. Guess my ol' jalopy PS4 will have to see me through another year.

In fairness it's hardly like the must have PS5 exclusives are pouring out the sides
It's more about playing my backlog with better framerate at this point. I didn't get a Pro so my base PS4 is really starting to feel weak.

mausterhunter

Feb 1, 2019
As far as Germany is concerned I know for a fact that the biggest retailers are still fulfilling September pre orders with any new stock that arrives (at a drip feed speed).

Anytime PS5s go up for sale it's a matter of seconds.
In my circle of friends some got lucky (I did) while others are either waiting or have bought off eBay for 800€.

All in all I highly doubt that there will be PS5s sitting on shelves this year tbh.

I hate scalpers and all but if you really want a console anytime soon that's the only reliable option.

MMS should be finally done with preorders this week. (Mine just shipped, too.) Remains to be seen how many they have to sell going forward, but yeah, I'd expect everything to sell out instantly for a long time.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
I'd rule out 2021. Production may increase in the fall but then you're gonna have the lead-up to Black Friday/Christmas. I'm focusing on PC gaming so whatever for me at the moment.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
I expect it by fall or so tbh. PS4 sold like hot potatoes at first but by fall 2014 it was widely available to order. But it also depends if AMD can keep up the supply on the APU chips for it. That seems to be the main issue currently.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
It's more about playing my backlog with better framerate at this point. I didn't get a Pro so my base PS4 is really starting to feel weak.
Agreed.

Plus my PS4 sounds like it's on life support at this stage, there will come a point where it just gives up the ghost. It sounds like a tractor shagging a lawnmower right now.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Shame stock is still so short. I feel a bit guilty as my ps5 just sits there and is collecting dust as I mainly play on pc. I probably turned it on a handful of times since purchase. Was thinking about giving it away, but then I remind myself of the few ps exclusives I might actually play

Feral Gingy

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Had a pre-order in since september 17th and still waiting... Haven't even seen one anywhere on display or anything. Starts to feel like a scam.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe summer but it won't be readily available, more like the restocks should be more frequent.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The production will probably catch up just in time for the holiday season, where you still won't be able to find them in stores

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't AMD said recently supply of their components for PC and next gen consoles should be better during second half of the year? so around that.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
All new consoles are hard to come by when launched and takes a little while until most have them enough. I think the launch rush will end but not until the next holiday season hits which will be worse with COVID. So early 2022?

Not to this extent because we had the option of going to the store to pick them up. Before there was a decent chance of getting one after the holidays whenever they replenished stock at one of the stores if you live in a city with alot of stores. That chance is non existent because everyone is forced to do it online and you're competing with the whole country to get even one. Bots are still a thing that are inflating the problem. Until the things end up in stores demand can't go down.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
MMS should be finally done with preorders this week. (Mine just shipped, too.) Remains to be seen how many they have to sell going forward, but yeah, I'd expect everything to sell out instantly for a long time.

Oh congrats!
Shameful what they did last year.
Me and my buddy both ordered the same day and mine was shipped on time. He is still waiting to pickup his.
No communication whatsoever.

Am done with MMS even though I got lucky .

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
i would risk to say "next holiday season" for widely available meaning "walk into any store and grabing one from shelf"

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Maybe late summer there will be a period where stock will be easier to come by but expect Christmas 2021 to look a lot like Christmas 2020 for PS5 stock.

Yopis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Coast
Shame stock is still so short. I feel a bit guilty as my ps5 just sits there and is collecting dust as I mainly play on pc. I probably turned it on a handful of times since purchase. Was thinking about giving it away, but then I remind myself of the few ps exclusives I might actually play

Same situation played from launch until I built new rig. Last saves in any PS5 games are 12-30-20. I built on 1-1-21 lol.

Good to have though if I feel the need one day.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I expect it by fall or so tbh. PS4 sold like hot potatoes at first but by fall 2014 it was widely available to order. But it also depends if AMD can keep up the supply on the APU chips for it. That seems to be the main issue currently.
PS4 was different. It was relatively hard to come by during its first 6 months or so on the market, but when it showed up on sites like Amazon or Wal-Mart, you usually had around 15-30 minutes to secure an order. In contrast, PS5 literally sells out the second it's made available at any online retailer. And even then, the console takes weeks to actually ship to the consumer. The situation surrounding PS5 is quite different than PS4.