• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hoagiecity

Oct 23, 2018
the only two games i consistently play with others/online are Tetris99 and SSBU, both of which i play better (or think i play better) after smoking

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Terrible when "drunk". I'm fine when buzzed, but definitely more reckless.

Playing high on weed is the default for me. It definitely is more fun.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
I'm better at Rocket League when I'm buzzed. Able to time shots way better and actually move closer to how I intend to in my mind. Buddy of mine is better at shooters when buzzed.

CabooseMSG

Jun 27, 2020
There's a mysterious period of time 2 or 3 beers in where I will body anyone in FIFA. Outside of that, I normally only play laid back, exploration type games when I drink.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I play high 90% of the time. Makes everything better. Other than forgetting what I'm doing allot of the time. I can drink and game but not get drunk. Then I'm a sloppy mess.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
With booze im usually pretty good unless I get super hammered. But playing high, specifically a weed high, is always a net positive.

Playing on Acid is just asking to just get horribly distracted though. I was tripping with a buddy of mine a few years ago and he was fighting a thunderjaw in Horizon. I was expecting the visuals to be the best part but the combination of the soundtrack and the explosions and the sounds of the metal created like the ultimate edm music in my mind and I just got lost in the sauce. I have no fucking clue how this dude was able to actually control the character let alone damn near flawlessly destroy this Thunderjaw lmao he just looked at me after he killed it and was like "dude idek how I just did that" and then everything else we tried to fight we got totally and completely bodied and ended up shutting it off not too long after and just started doing something else

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Weed completely debilitates my ability to play video games and because of this I also lose all interest in them. I become unbelievably invested in TV though.

Never been much of a drinker so I'm not even really sure how much it would affect me.

DeadMoonKing

Nov 6, 2017
I remember playing the Hornet Sentinel fight while high and it took me from 11PM to 3AM. Every time I lost, I would just laugh.

I used to game while drunk and, given that my main jam is story-focused games, I can confidently say it's just a horrible idea on so many levels

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Yep, it's really strange

When I was at uni, I would get ready early and pre drink whilst waiting for the girls and guys to get ready and for others to arrive.

got pretty drunk. Played gamesand got the highest k/D and won every game. I remember I won't 12/12 of the games of splatoon 2 I played

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
I tried to play Destiny 2 PvP when I was really high on weed and I thought I was doing a great job and every firefight was super intense, but I was actually doing a horrible job and dying constantly

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I envy those of you who are more focused while drunk. I feel my reaction time slows to a crawl when drunk.

That's why I usually stick to slow paced Nintendo games like Yoshi and Captain Toad.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
I envy those of you who are more focused while drunk. I feel my reaction time slows to a crawl when drunk.

That's why I usually stick to slow paced Nintendo games like Yoshi and Captain Toad.

at a certain stage alcohol will turn off certain "buttons" and "noise" in your brain and allow you to hone in on perfect headshots or whatever

though the scale tips rather easily where everything is slower across the board

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND
I tried smoking and playing when I was into Final Fantasy XIV about a year ago. It never went well... I mostly just ran in circles on a mount while gooning out and annoying my FC by telling them how high I was.

Spiderman

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I only play when high, it just elevates everything for me. I'm downloading Death Stranding right now and going to play it for the first time, it's going to be a wild ride walk.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No definitely not. It's crazy how many people you come across playing Warzone and they are stoned as fuck and they are really good at the game. I would just be sitting in the corner throwing a whitey

Also my cod name is Smokey but I don't even smoke 😄

I will game whilst drinking alcohol but rarely to the point I'm pissed. If I reach that point I guarantee I wouldn't be able to shoot straight

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
I tried smoking and playing when I was into Final Fantasy XIV about a year ago. It never went well... I mostly just ran in circles on a mount while gooning out and annoying my FC by telling them how high I was.

back when MMOs were new getting blazed and grinding at the valkurm dunes in FFXI was quite the trip

sober you see it as a beach you go to with friends and kill stuff for EXP but high it was some bizarre fever dream theme park with like 1000 things going on at once

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I always kind of disliked gaming while drunk. Fun with friends, but I rarely find I perform better.

Weed though, for sure. I still have fond memories playing Rage Racer on PS1 high off my gourd and beating the super-difficult Angel and Devil cars. Fuck I felt like I was on another plane of reflex handling those corners and courses.
Yeah, I've come home a few times tipsy and then started gaming and had really good results.

I beat the gimmicky
Dragon
boss in Sekiro like that- I really struggled with the timing earlier in the day, came home tipsy, got him on 1st try.

Had that happen IRL with pool as well. In the right zone, you can call pretty much anything correctly. Once you go over, though, it's a painful crash.

Deleted member 54580

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 7, 2019
For modern games, definitely high and most times I'm better when high. I tried playing drunk before and it was a complete disaster. I had no concentration at all

Now retro games while drunk is very fun. I like them better drunk than high.

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, but sometimes a combination of relaxing things means I relax a little more deeply. A good whisky and Tempest 4000 is pretty absorbing.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Much like when playing pool or bar billards in the pub... Just the right amount of drunk/stoned will produce epic results.

However that line is razor thin, and too much or little in either direction will produce "QWOP" like results. I've never been able to recreate the heights of skill I've achieved at the pub while at home. At home it's much easier to over indulge :)

Last edited:

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No, but it definitely makes me have more fun. Except when I play rocket league drunk, my inner god comes out