Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Only reason I'm keeping mine is because virtual console games aren't out on Switch. Wii U remains as my VC machine when I get the urge to go back to N64 or SNES games.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
My Wii U got Metroid Prime Trilogy.

It doubles as a Wii.

If those things you don't care for then sell it for some small amount of money I suppose.

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Mine is still my Wonderful 101 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions player, as well as my Virtual Console machine. If those Wii U games make it to Switch, and the NES app expands to include other consoles I may put the system away.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
A robust Virtual Console offering, Wii BC and Super Mario 3D World definitely make the system worthwhile post-Smash Ultimate.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not for me. It's technically my brothers, and I don't really sell consoles in general, but I've only booted it up in the last year for Smash.

maneauleau

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
For me the Wii U is such a unique console that I can't part with yet. There are some fantastic games that are not on Switch :
Pikmin 3
TW101
XCX
SM3DW
Nintendo Land
Affordable Space Adventures
Wind Waker HD
TP HD

And there are also some divisive and unique games that I like to return to:
Star Fox Zero
Game and Wario
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Zombi U

Finally I like to boot Wii games on it. I wish it could be hacked to increase the resolution of the Wii games but nonetheless it's still a great and easy way to play all the classic Wii games that have not been released anywhere else.

Last edited:

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Yes and a big one.
Xenoblade X.
Since for some reason it's not cool enough for the Switch.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
youtube, netflix and for ..uhm..other video portals

also: Super Castlevania 4 on the toilet

edit: post above me is right. Xeno X will never come to switch. so keep your wiius

edit 2: another thing. I use my wiiu as lightgun arcade machine. there are tons of light gun games available for wii and I play them on wiiu. LA Machine guns being my fav.

and nothing replaces the wiimote IR pointer when it comes to accurate lightgun shooting

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
In 60 years it will be looked at like a rare Nintendo museum artifact that will sell online for thousands.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm keeping mine cos of my digital games on it. Mainly w101 and Metroid prime trilogy. Losing them would be horrible.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
No, if you've played all your favorite exclusives and keep it around as a Smash machine, then you will have no use for it when Ultimate comes out.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
I can think of at least three:

Xenoblade Chronicles X
Tokyo Mirage Sessions
The Wonderful 101

And the GBA Virtual Console serves tons of little reasons too.

KnightimeX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I keep mine for Wind Waker and Super Mario 3d world.
But for every Wii U game that I have that finds it's way to switch gives me another reason to let go of wii u.

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Made the mistake of selling my Wii U last year, immediately regretted it and bought another one. Just a warning OP.

There's still too many greats missing on Switch (Mario Maker, Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Zombi U), not to mention the Wii compatibility and VC. Then there is the tablet itself. It is charmingly unique and vastly superior to the Switch with its cramped buttons and dodgy analogue sticks.

It's going to be glorious when people realize how good the Wii U was in a decade >:)

I share this sentiment.

Last edited:

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
1) don't sell consoles
2) don't disrespect my Wii U like that.
3) there are other exclusives than Smash on it.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pikmin 3
Mario Maker (3DS version sucks)
Wind Waker HD & TP HD (These will get ported at some point probobaly) (Play the Gamecube versions on Dolphin)

That's it really. Splatoon became obsolete thanks to Splatoon 2 which is far superior.

I mean it was hard justifying keeping the Wii U even before the Switch came out. Even Smash 4 was a disappointment unless you really care about the roster. Brawl and Melee were both much better games.

I would still rather play WW on Dolphin with it's original art style and not be forced to use a crappy controller. It also avoids the problem of me having to boot up the Wii U, which is something i never ever want to do.

Last edited:

Ashler

Oct 27, 2017
I can honestly only think of Mario Maker and Metroid Prime trilogy that's available from the store.

wiiucollector

Aug 5, 2018
Germany
The Wii U might serve more as a stepping stone to the Switch, but I could never part with mine. If nothing else, it's a curio item, but the peaks are still incredible. If it means nothing to you, it's a no brainer, just sell it. The only console I've sold as an adult was my SNES and you could say it's only a few years later, after I regretted it, that I'm able to talk about it :/

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are 2 "big games" still exclusive they way I see it. These WILL get a replacement of Switch in some way

Mario Maker -> will get sequel on Switch
SM 3D World -> will get Switch port

And some smaller that might
Pikmin 3 -> will get sequel on Switch
Xenoblade X -> port?
Wonderful 101 -> port?

But yeah with Smash WiiU is pretty much completely dead and good riddance

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's still the only console that can play Super Mario 3D World so yeah that's enough reason for me.

Deku_o4a

Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Xenoblade X need to get a Switch port before I sell it.
Even after those eventually get announced, the browser of the Wii U is still the best out there. Still watch directs with it.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Twilight Princess HD
Wind Waker HD
Super Mario 3d World
Xenoblade X
Tokyo Mirage sessions
Wonderful 101 (?)

The Wii u is a pretty cool system, i guess it depends on how much you can get back for it

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
Mario Maker, Wonderful 101, and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse are all great games that are definitely worth playing. I'm sure there's others on the system I haven't played that are worth it as well, like Pikmin 3.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Unless the Wii U catalogue gets ported completely to the Switch, there will always be some reason to keep it and on top of that you have BC.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Wonderful 101, Super Mario Maker, Zelda HD Duology, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Project Zero/Fatal Frame Maiden of Black Water, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, NintendoLand, Pikmin 3, and a ton of Virtual Console game of course.

How else are you going to play Smash Tour?
Andre, are you proud of yourself? Are you?

OP
OP

Deleted member 33057

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Okay you guys convinced me lol. I think there's still a lot I can get out the system that I never even considered. I normally give my old consoles away to family rather than selling. But I might hold on to it if I'm ever in the mood for some of the exclusive stuff!!

Also, I feel bad for giving up on XCX...but I just remember not enjoying it. I'll try it again one day, either on Wii U or if it gets released on Switch

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Yoshi Woolly World
Pikmin 3
Super Mario 3D World

And im not paying full price on New Super Mario Bros U and DKC Tropical Freeze which inalready have, still have Metroid Prime Trilogy digital, and for my self liking, i got Pinball Arcade old tables that are no longer available.

No. Not selling it. Even plan to grab back Splatoon 1 ( dont know why i just enjoyed it more on Wii U than Switch )

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WW HD
TP HD
Xenoblade X
Mario 3D World
Mario Maker
Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3
Playing Wii games
Lots of VC games

Oct 26, 2017
Sure, at least in my case. There are still plenty of games exclusive to it that aren't on the Switch, such as Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, and the Zelda remasters, that I will at some point years down the road go back to, assuming that they don't get ported, of course

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I keep it around for the very occasional Mario Maker and Splatoon 1
... and that copy of Captain Toad that I will play any day now.

Still need to restart and give Pikmin 3 and Xenoblade X another shot too.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Wii Sports HD dammit.

I'm perplexed as to why they still haven't made it available for Switch. Miss me some bowling.

I'm surprised it took this long to mention.

Last edited:

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I bought Fast Racing Neo earlier this year for my Wii U and it's really fun. I haven't seen it mentioned yet in this thread!

The Yoshi and Kirby games haven't been mentioned enough, either.

For all the games that have been ported to the Switch, and it's felt like a ton over the last year, there are still a lot of games exclusive to the Wii U. Smash isn't a good enough reason to get rid of it.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
The Wonderful 101 and Zelda TP HD are the only releases for Wii U that are missing from Switch. I really hope 101 gets a port (or a sequel), ebecause the game is absoutely great

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Speaking of Virtual Console, its a shame no nintendo console came close as Wii on that aspect. Wii Virtual console was stunning, full with a lot of games

Oct 31, 2017
Here's five reasons to keep it : Pikmin 3, Xeno X, The Wonderful 101, Tokyo Mirage Sessions and GBA games (best way to enjoy those on consoles).

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles X

That reminds me...I need to check on my Wii U. It kept crashing when I tried to play Smash a few months ago. I hope there isn't a hardware issue... :(

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For me TP HD, Super Mario 3D world, WWHD and Mario Maker need to be ported before I could safely say there's no point in owning a Wii U.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
I use mine for Netflix. Maybe keep it for that? If not then I'm not sure. I'll probably get rid of mine once Netflix comes to the switch.