• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How about you?

• Hate Mounds, Love Almond Joys

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • Love Mounds, Hate Almond Joys

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • I like them both equally

Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Both of these can go to hell

Votes: 48 34.8%

• Total voters

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why, but I can't stand Mounds for some reason, but when it comes to Almond Joys I can't stop eating them.

How about you all?

StreetsAhead

Sep 16, 2020
I don't think I've ever had a Mound but I love Almond Joys and I don't understand the intense hate for them.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I guess these are the same as Bounty bars in the UK?

Which I really like but would usually never choose.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I love them both but almond joys have a slight edge. I still picked both though.

Grenlento

Dec 6, 2023
I think I just like almonds.

Hershey bar with almonds is acceptable, just the chocolate bar can go down the well with plain M&Ms.

dphrygian

Oct 28, 2017
Texas
I prefer dark chocolate and don't care for nuts in candy, so I'd pick a Mounds over an Almond Joy. But they're both pretty mediocre.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I don't really like coconut but do like almonds. So not a fan of either, but I at least prefer the one with the coconut and almond.

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
I've always preferred Mounds as I like dark chocolate more than milk chocolate and dislike nuts in my chocolate

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I think they're both disgusting but gun to my head I'd definitely pick an almond joy over a mounds. at least there's an almond in there

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Mounds and Almond Joys:

153ed6d8-8fbd-4d93-91a5-8256e335935b_text.gif

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
I hate coconut and if elected I will ban Mounds and Almond Joys from this once great nation.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Never understood the hate.

They're the perfect blend of soft and sweet coconut covered in chocolate and one of them has an almond in them.

They're fucking incredible.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
Prefer Mounds because of the dark chocolate. Wish there was a dark chocolate version with the almond. I will eat either if they are offered.

Pois0n

Oct 10, 2021
Never tried a Mound, but Almond Joys are my favorite candy. Never really understood the hate for them, what is it about coconut that people dislike so much? Almost seems like a cilantro situation, where you're genetically predisposed to thinking they taste nasty lol.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Never tried a Mound, but Almond Joys are my favorite candy. Never really understood the hate for them, what is it about coconut that people dislike so much? Almost seems like a cilantro situation, where you're genetically predisposed to thinking they taste nasty lol.
for me, it's the texture. I like the smell and taste of coconut, but the texture of shredded coconut is bleh

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember the last time I had them but I want to say almond joy was what I use to prefer. I don't really remember their taste that well.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
Mounds are far superior to Almond Joy imo
- halfway-decent dark chocolate as opposed to the low-tier milk chocolate they use
- smooth, tasty coconut NOT interrupted by a dry, boring almond

Maybe it's also that I like literally all other nuts more than almonds. IMO their crunch is satisfying, but they have few, if any, other positive attributes. I don't like the way they taste and they're just so, so dry.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Coconut flakes are the most vile foodstuff on earth, so both of them are equally bottom of the barrel candies.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I prefer Almond Joy but don't like either so Almond Joy wins just by virtue of the nut. Was always the biggest bummer to look in my halloween bag after trick or treating and to see them both outnumbering my much preferred snickers or butterfingers

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I thought I'd like Almond Joy more than I actually did when I went to the US. It's just kinda meh, I'd rather just get Snickers or even Bounty.