• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

remanutd

Oct 29, 2017
New York
I'm at the age where my fitness matters more than being home playing games lol, i spend that playstation time on the gym now but i will play Horizon DLC, God of War, Spiderman and the new Motorstorm wanna be game: Onrush ( hate the name)

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017
33, 2 kids, wife, suburban house.

Yes, I am at that age. I've played 120 hours of Zelda BOTW in 120 different sessions (WiiU keeps track). While I enjoyed Zelda BOTW immensely all these Open world/GAAS are impossible for me to play. I don't have 6 hours/session to commit.

I'm thinking of buying Minecraft for something new to play that can be enjoyed in small sessions.

atarisegabox

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Spain
Married, job, daughter. Too many games, too little time. I often find myself playing more SHMUPs on my iPhone than regular games on my Xbox. Sometimes, a game comes up that takes me back to the console (Cuphead, for example), but it's getting harder and harder.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Even when I was younger and unemployed such games were daunting.
With less time the worst thing is finding a couple of hours to play but finishing the session with the feeling I've barely made any progress.

Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
If I didn't have a Switch and were able to play during my commute, I probably wouldn't even be playing games right now, that's how busy life has been for the last couple months.

I definitely see what you're saying, my sit-down-and-play-games time is basically zero right now.

suffah

Oct 29, 2017
Mobile gaming has been a godsend. Due to the length of these games I can only jam a few AAA titles per year (BOTW, Witcher 3, SMO this year). Mobile fits in the rest during my commute.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
I'm down for big games. I'm just not down for ones that waste my time with stuff that just isn't fun. Empty open worlds and loot treadmills just ain't for me.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
In terms of taste or tolerance level, not at all. I still prefer RPGs and sandboxes to mostly anything, and I still like a challenge with as little hand holding as possible. But those types of experiences definitely can conflict with being a responsible adult with a life.