DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
In the first season at least, Batman Beyond had some pretty good set up with villains and their designs

latest

3c197f319dba0c4aa90515aadec21c83a9013c32_00.jpg

I mean these guys have awesome designs and powers, it's a shame we only saw them 3 times and DC hasn't introduced them in broader media

Oct 25, 2017
Blight/Derek Powers exchange with Terry of "how little Terry saying he killed his father narrows down Derek figuring out who he is" is peak "amoral businessman"

Mar 30, 2019
Inque, Spellbinder, and Curaré were my favorites. I enjoy the spin on Bruce's villains they brought to the table too. I don't follow the comics, so I don't know which were original to the animated series.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
The great part about Batman Beyond Villains is that they taste exactly like regular meat-based Villains, but are made entirely from plant proteins.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Agreed. A lot of them show up again throughout the show, but it'd be nice to see the represented elsewhere more often (games, collectibles, etc). A few apparently show up in the comics but every time I looked into it the current Beyond comics storyline seemed super derivative of old Batman villains.

Royal Flush gang, Spellbinder, and Inque are favorites of mine but the show had a ton of great villains and monsters.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Agreed. A lot of them show up again throughout the show, but it'd be nice to see the represented elsewhere more often (games, collectibles, etc). A few apparently show up in the comics but every time I looked into it the current Beyond comics storyline seemed super derivative of old Batman villains.

Royal Flush gang, Spellbinder, and Inque are favorites of mine but the show had a ton of great villains and monsters.

The Royal Flush Gang now have their Batman Beyond designs in the main comics but other than that it doesn't see much is done with them.

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
Most of villains mirrors OG Batman villains. Too bad they were only planned to be written as one episode viallins.

Inque - Clayface
Spellbinder- Scarecrow
Big Time - Two Face
Blight - Mr Freeze
Chapell - Bane

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
I really liked Blight and liked the idea that the primary antagonist also had a secret identity all of his own. But then Terry learned the secret identity, and that was like the last Blight was ever heard from ever again. The end.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
The great part about Batman Beyond Villains is that they taste exactly like regular meat-based Villains, but are made entirely from plant proteins.
God dammit.
laughing my ass off here

I'd love to see more of Terry's villains but the whole "Batman of the future" thing keeps them out of the "present" timeline.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Well it's in the future and the series in done where else are they supposed to be used besides in comics?

Anything, really. Beyond is a nostalgia well and I don't think they've gotten a single collectible unless there's a HeroClix I'm unaware of. There's also no reason why they can't show up in other cartoons when there's a time travel or alternate dimension plot.

Most of villains mirrors OG Batman villains. Too bad they were only planned to be written as one episode viallins.

Inque - Clayface
Spellbinder- Scarecrow
Big Time - Two Face
Blight - Mr Freeze
Chapell - Bane

This feels like it's pushing it a little. Inque/Spellbinder are close but Inque feels far more dangerous and precise than Clayface, while Spellbinder has a narrower niche than Scarecrow.

I can see the similarities to the others listed if I squint but they're so far removed from the OG versions it's hard for me to think of them as derivative.