packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
THPS, Avengers, Wasteland 3, Crusader Kings 3, Cyberpunk in a couple months...

No, I don't feel a drought at all

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Nope, the exact opposite. I just finished Ghosts of Tushima, I'm currently playing Nexomon: Extinction, just picked up Avengers and Tony Hawk, WoW: Shadowlands comes out next month.

It's a great time for games.

Mar 30, 2019
I'm drowning in unplayed games atm. I just rapid-fired played with Dragon Quest Builders, Streets of Rage 4(which is great!), Arms for the time (it's ok), and my main play Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (finally).

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
No, just last month and the start of this month I added Wasteland 3, Tell Me Why, The Last Campfire, Fall Guys and the Control dlc's to my backlog/finished games of this year. I'm also planning on adding Marvel's Avengers, Outer Worlds expansion and either 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim and/or Mafia: Definitive Edition to my collection as well.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
Yes, I'm currently working 7 days a week and with the pandemic closing down areas plus lack of video games I'm not really minding it. Sony and Microsoft are waiting for their next gen systems (sony has some stuff I want to play, xbox is in the air) while nintendo is shiting themselves with who knows what they're doing

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I feel similar, but droughts are more subjective than people think.

I don't care for Avengers. Fall Guys is ok, but it's not grabbing me. No interest in THPS.

Im waiting for Spelunky 2 basically.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't bought a game new in a long time. Between sales and "claim this game and keep it forever" stuff I already have too much to play. And that's not counting things that are actually releasing. So many great games out there if you step outside of the "had to have released in the last 3 months" bubble.

Oct 27, 2017
Is it really a "drought" when there are great games releasing, and its just you, who choose not to play them?

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I'm trying to finish Spiritfarer so I can grab Paradise Killer and then there's Moon and the Mario collection and The Last Campfire and 13 Sentinels and...

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Don't agree, OP. This year had Nioh 2, Ori 2, TLoU2, Streets of Rage 4 and Ghost of Tsushima, which have all been exceptionally good.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Nah I actually have too much to play. FFXIV, THPS, and Gundam MBON. If we're counting older games, I still have Crosscode, SaGa Scarlet Grace, and Celeste to finish.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not. In August and Sept alone, just on PC there've been the following I'm interested in

Final Fantasy 14 Patch 5.3
Total War Saga: Troy
Wasteland 3
Tell Me Why

Crusader Kings III (This is a "priority" title - the kind of title I'd preorder ASAP and the only reason I didn't is because I don't want to overspend)
Iron Harvest
Total War: Three Kingdoms - The Furious Wild
Baldur's Gate III (Early Access)
Mafia: Definitive Edition

That's just on PC, and ignoring my backlog. There are way too many games and I don't know how I'm supposed to play all of them, let alone many.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
This has been a great year. Streets of Rage 4, Desperados 3, Doom Eternal, Crusader Kings 3, Wasteland 3, Microsoft Flight Sim. Fucking SPELUNKY 2 right around the corner.

This has prob been the best year in gaming for a long time.

1upmuffin

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
No Vash, I don't. Tony Hawk is amazing and Spelunky 2 comes out this month, and Super Mario 3d All Stars.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not at all. THPS just came out, Wasteland 3 is fun so far, Avengers is huge, and Spelunky is a couple weeks away.

Depends on what you like to play.

Stock

Oct 25, 2017
Luxembourg
Someone is salty

Anyways, I feel like there are too many games right now for pretty much all the major platforms. Juggling Paper Mario, Wasteland 3, Cpt Tsubasa, THPS, and Hades. Also really wanna fire up Crusader Kings 3 Avengers, and Flight Sim. How do I hold all these games and somehow maintain a household!?!

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
For me there are too many games to play. Playing Tony Hawks and Avengers now. Will be playing Mario All Stars and Pikmin 3. Strategy games are coming out the wazoo like CK 3, Wasteland 3, Age of Empires 3. Halo ODST on PC is approaching. Then in November Spider-Man, Ratchet and Clank, and possibly Demon's Souls will be here and whatever Nintendo has for the holiday. I'm swamped in games.

Last edited:

Ombala

Oct 30, 2017
its weird its almost fall and i ain't hype or excited about anything coming out this year

Played the avengers beta and shit was just a destiny clone, super disappointed also as a Nintendo fan it is a DROUGHT like mario 3D collection announcement was okay but man i was hoping they were remakes instead of ports and with nothing else on the horizon beside port hell

barely any * confirmed * japanese games on the horizon for this year either =/

still have a little hope for ps5 launch but i doubt its gonna be anything steller beside spiderman dlc which isn't a system seller imo, i'll wait )

but man this drought is real
Spider game is not dlc its been explained several times, how anyone that's active on this forum don't know that is beyond me.

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
THPS1+2
Super Mario 3D All Stars
Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Cyberpunk 2077
Spider-Man: Miles Morales
+ others I'm forgetting

This is the opposite of a drought. There's an absolute deluge of games coming down the pipeline. I'm actually looking at what games I'm gonna have to cut from my schedule. Yakuza and Cyberpunk come out within such close proximity (only a week apart) that I should really only get one of them if I ever hope to finish either.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Not really. I've found out if I end up playing games to completion more by the time I'm done something new ends up showing up

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Avengers and Tony Hawk just came out today. Also something something Covid-19.

Oct 28, 2017
Well the summer is alwalys slow in terms of actual releases. I'm also having a huge backlog and getting older, therefore I'm much more picky than like 5-10 years ago.
But to be honest since the Resi 3 Remake there's been literally zero interesting titles and what's yet to come are the Crysis and the Mafia remakes....so all remakes. Actually you know what, OP? You're right, this year has been trash in terms of new releases.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
If you are going by strictly AAA games, then yes there is a drought. But if you include AAA + AA + indie, then no....it's a deluge of great games. It's almost too much to play.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Today we have one thread calling this the best game release day of 2020, and another thread saying there's nothing to play and what's going on. I don't agree with either but lol.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've bought or played a ton of stuff lately.

Avengers
Crusader Kings 3
Wasteland 3
Paradise Killer
Spiritfarer
Inmost
Chronicon
Tell me Why

And that's ignoring things like Tony Hawk and Flight Sim that are a bit out of my wheelhouse

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
A little but it's a hardware year + COVID. But it's not like my backlog is complaining.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
I have Game Pass so no.
This.

Decided to play Arkham Knight since it's leaving in a week or so. About half way done. Then I'll finish Nier Automata. I have a massive backlog. So I need to get through a lot. But I've also rolled credits on Battletoads last week and I'm looking forward to play Wasteland 3. Also haven't finished TLOU2, but I might go back soon. Long story short, I have waaaay too much to play.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
We are still in a literal pandemic.

Games are on multi-year development cycles. The perceived or real drought has very little to do with COVID-19. If a game was planned to release this year, it's probably still going to release this year, barring technical or creative derailments.

Realistically we're at the end of a generation. I'm pretty sure the end of the PS360 cycle was the same.

I do think the pandemic is putting a damper on next gen hype though.

Thicc Enigma

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 18, 2020
I don't feel any drought. I actually feel overwhelmed with the amount of games that are available to play.