• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
8mnbk5.jpg

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Paper Mario is coming out in a month and then Luigi's Mansion 2 HD a month after that. I'm fine.

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
You realize that when you first load this page on an iPhone, all you see is a penis with eyes?

I've been more interested in a ps5 pro announcement, but of course would love some Nintendo news also.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
I could do with a direct ngl but i guess the next one will be the big one for the next console

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I'm waiting to see if the next console will be backwards compatible with the Switch games (Hopefully it is) as I've missed several generations of Nintendo consoles (Haven't owned one since the Gamecube). If that's the case, I will be feasting.

dcchambers

Jan 28, 2020
Gut tells me they've got a lot cooking for Switch 2 but delays pushed the launch back into next year, so they don't have a lot to release game-wise.

We do still have TTYD and Luigi's Mansion 2 remaster/ports coming this year, but outside of the Princess Peach game we need a *new* game to help carry Nintendo through to the launch of the Switch 2.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I know you're impatient about Switch successor, but they're releasing games every month so not really.

kxs

Jul 25, 2022
Nintendo will likely have a Direct in June right?

They will announce the line up for the 2nd half of the year then.

I think there is still some juice to squeeze from the Switch.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Eh. I don't really care that much. Nintendo will release stuff when they want to and if it interests me I'll buy it. I don't need to constantly be marketed at.

Jan 3, 2018
Switch is still selling well so i guess they figure they'll ride the gravy train to the end of the line. I feel like if the Switch's decline had come sooner we'd all know what the next Mario and Mario Kart look like by now. Hopefully next gen Nintendo actually has some competition.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
not really? while I am always excited for a direct and new announcements, I have plenty to play, and if they have a direct in June that's totally fine. It's not like I am starving for games, they've delivered hard this gen

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't they release that super Mario game recently? And the Peach game like last week or something?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Nope.

I have plenty to play, on Switch as well. Not even talking about other platforms.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I got too much to play right now anyways so when they're ready to make a move, hopefully I'll be ready for it myself.

I Fall

Banned
Dec 31, 2023
Brazil
Thinking about it, for me most publishers are really quiet for some time. Maybe Microsoft is the most active for its reasons. It a time of uncertainty, maybe those publishers are waiting to see what the wind brings.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Ehh, I dunno man. I still got more than enough stuff on my Switch that I wanna play through and stuff that I'll get like Paper Mario 2 Remake and I'm more than set this year with games on other platforms like FF7 Rebirth or Infinite Wealth, so I'm personally more than fine with Nintendo slowing down for a bit.

Celestial Descend

Corrupted by Vengeance
Aug 15, 2022
Aside from annoucing Switch 2 with a steller launch game lineup, I don't know anything exciting that Nintendo can do. Switch is at the end of the life cycle, you are only gonna get scraps.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
I just feel the excitement and momentum around the brand is at a low. Like a final year of Wii level low
It's got the end of life console vibe going on right now, yeah. Same thing happened to 3DS around 2017-2018. There will always be those who disagree. I remember some people were saying the 3DS was still going strong in 2018 and nintendo wouldn't give up on it. But the general trend now is less releases, less big releases, less excitement, hardware is getting more outdated by the day etc. It's in the slowdown phase.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
I mean, shit happens. Switch 2 was supposed to happen this year but got delayed so now theres less stuff from nintendo.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
People are so greedy. They just dropped Wrecking Crew '98. What more could you possibly ask for?

Oct 25, 2017
Announce the console, announce a Direct, shadow drop Mother 3...

I just feel the excitement and momentum around the brand is at a low. Like a final year of Wii level low

Not even close. Get some perspective.

Things are a little slow for them right now, but it's much better to have a slow last year of a successful console than a slow first year of a new console.

There's plenty of other games to play so go play them. Unless the only joy you get out of this hobby is being marketed to so you can be hyped about the future.

Zaro

Nov 13, 2017
Damn i'm overwhelmed with game, i'm waiting for Endless Ocean. I've not yet play Mario RPG, paper soon, i 'm fine.

vio55555

Apr 11, 2024
Switch just sold over 70k last week in Japan and has games that are 6-7 years old continuously in the top weekly sales numbers. There's plenty of people that are still discovering the Switch library every day/week even at this late stage in its lifecycle.

They've produced a console with such powerful mindshare that we've perhaps never seen before (maybe PS2 late years is only comparison and its software likely wasn't moving at this type of clip) at this stage of its run.

They also have tons of bigger than ever franchises primed to iterate on the next console. What exactly else do they need to do than just get everything ready to pounce in the next console. If you're out of things to do on it, just be patient, 2025-2027 is probably going to be mega hit after mega hit.

And their releases are still coming at a consistent clip (even if a lot are remakes/ports or similar things) even towards the end. Pretty much every prior Nintendo console was starved at the end of their runs compared to the current Nintendo Switch situation.

KezayJS1

Apr 25, 2021
I guess it really depends on what you mean by do something, but I'm assuming it's them making full plans public for Switch 2. That being said, I don't really feel that way. Still fairly occupied with games I'm checking out in the meantime and catching up on my backlog.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Almost feels like the new generation was supposed to release this year, haha.
Remakes and ports is all you will get until Switch 2

Squid Icarus

Jul 11, 2019
I would have sacrificed half of each year's Nintendo lineup solely for a new Endless Ocean game, so I can't complain at all. It's unbelievable we're getting a new one. I couldn't be happier. And Switch 3 is coming not too far away too

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
Not really, we know there's an event coming for their next console and it seems the unveil event was pushed back because the "Switch 2" has most likely been delayed… I think Nintendo has done all they can with the Switch and just moving all their stuff towards a Switch 2; this is definitely the Twilight year for the console; maybe 1 more surprise left but I'm content with my Switch right now.