Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not. I've beaten the RE3 remake three times in four days. I don't think I'll ever get tired of these games. 🤔

Jan 27, 2020
Washington, DC
It is a lot with 7 then the two remakes back to back. If you're over it, you can stop buying them. You have my blessing. :)

The games aren't going anywhere if you want to pick them up down the road. It'll be especially easy since the new consoles will have back compat.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Not overused, but this is exactly how people felt back in the classic era around the time of RE3 and Code Veronica. That's why it stopped too.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I wasn't a huge fan of REmake3, but no, Resident Evil is my favorite series and I am eagerly anticipating the next entry.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope, RE is best franchise flat out. Bring me more. Gimme, gimme more.

HeWhoWalks

Jan 17, 2018
Uh, no. If you're growing "tired of it", ignore its presence. Very simple solution. It shouldn't have to be axed because someone has grown tired of it.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, when they are practically the only entry in the genre in a year, and the games are often short enough they don't burn me out the way some 50 or 100 hour investment would.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After RE3 I might be. I can't buy $60 games with that little content, no matter how good they look. If RE2 was a step forward, RE3 is a half step back.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Not at all really, the games are so different to each other and they are relatively short well paced games so I dont mind playing them back to back even. The enemies can be anything and you jump from many different characters so its not something like Call of duty where its pretty much the same stuff with the same guy.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not really, Resident Evil 7, REmake 2 and REmake 3 have all been great games, 3 just needed a little more time to be fleshed out but it's a very good game regardless.

I'm super on board with whatever they put out next if they take the concerns of 3 to heart.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but only in the sense that at this point of 3 Resi games in 4 years I feel totally well served by the series and would prefer Capcom devote some of its resources to revive something else from their wealth of dormant IPs, nevermind utilizing the potential of their engine for building a new IP altogether. I'm glad that their most beloved franchises have regained relevance and respectability this generation but I also think there's plenty room for them to explore completely new ground in the form of a new IP.

Hell, I would be content with them introducing something radically unproven or some daring new direction even if it's to reinvigorate established series, as was the case with Resi7, but at this point I'd like for that to occur in other franchises besides Resident Evil if it can't happen in the form of a new IP.

And if it wasn't already clear from all that, suffice to say that they can cut it out with the RE remakes already.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not overused, but this is exactly how people felt back in the classic era around the time of RE3 and Code Veronica. That's why it stopped too.
What are you talking about? They didn't stop. There was what, 2 years between Resident Evil Remake and Resident Evil 4? The Resident Evil series has never stopped.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Not for me personally. Before I played RE2 remake last year it had been close to a decade since I put any significant time into a RE game (with RE4 around 2007 and RE5 in 2009). I take breaks the series when I need to. After I finish RE3, I'll see what they have planned next before deciding if that's something I want to play sooner rather than later.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Nah. The franchise is in a better spot now than it was when 6 was out and it looks like the horror is returning so I'm down for more. That said, I hope future games aren't all in first person.

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
I don't like yearly releases so I fully agree. Seems after the success of RE7 and RE2make CAPCOM are going to try and strike while the iron is hot and milk this every year.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I adore the series and play REmake annually, loved RE2 Remake but just couldn't get into the RE3 Remake demo. The city street environments weren't doing it for me, really missed those long dark corridors from RPD with that gorgeous volumetric lighting. I've read the demo contained almost all of the streets areas sooo maybe there's something there for me in the other environments but knowing how short it is I'm not about to drop $40+ on a game with that doesn't even have a B scenario. No interest in the MP mode either.

All that said I'm dying to see more of RE8 after Dusk's leaked info. An evolution of VII's fps gameplay on next gen systems with a return to a castle environment :drools

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I will always be a fan, but I agree with the sentiment. It has been too much RE for me at least. I kind of bailed on RE7, and I'm waiting for RE3R to hit a big discount before I buy it.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thoroughly enjoying the IP for the first ever these past few years. RE7, RE2 and RE3 are phenomenal and I'd happily take a new one every year.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. RE2 Remake rocked and RE3 Remake was even better. I'd take more games in that vein in a heartbeat. Hope they remake Code Veronica next. Need that Alexia Type 1 theme remaster.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Just recently finished RE2 Remake, and today I finished RE VII. Played them back to back.

I'm not tired of RE, especially when they are as good as they have been lately. That being said, if you're tired, then just take a break and wait for the next game to go on sale after a while. I'm going to do that with RE3 Remake anyway, as it's not realistic for me to buy every game at full price. I bought both RE 2 and VII on sale and played them when I really wanted to play them.

Last edited:

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Nah they just need to evolve it a bit. I hope with next gen they make it open world.

Mekanos

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 17, 2018
True there was a gap in 2018 but in 4 years we've had 3 major RE games.

I dunno, was it too much Mario when in 2010-2013 we had Galaxy 2, 3D Land, and 3D World? That's not even counting the NSMB games. Just seems inevitable that massive long running franchises will have lots of games.

HeWhoWalks

Jan 17, 2018
No, when they are practically the only entry in the genre in a year, and the games are often short enough they don't burn me out the way some 50 or 100 hour investment would.

I keep hearing this, while scratching my head. I assume many of you aren't on PC, because they are zillions of survival horror titles there (with plenty on the way, including the sequel to Remothered — hitting consoles as well).

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Not at all, but then I wasn't tired of it after 0 and Code Veronica either. I wouldn't complain if they took a year out from RE to focus on, say an Onimusha reboot though

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I keep hearing this, while scratching my head. I assume many of you aren't on PC, because they are zillions of survival horror titles there (with plenty on the way, including the sequel to Remothered — hitting consoles as well).

I play on PC primarily. Remothered sucks, as do most indie attempts at survival horror. Some do better when it comes to other spins on the formula, like the dozens influenced by Frictional's games, but pretty much nothing that has combat in it on the indie and AA scale has been any good.

HeWhoWalks

Jan 17, 2018
I play on PC primarily. Remothered sucks, as do most indie attempts at survival horror. Some do better when it comes to other spins on the formula, like the dozens influenced by Frictional's games, but pretty much nothing that has combat in it on the indie and AA scale has been any good.

Eh, I completely disagree about Remothered and there are plenty of Indie horror games that don't "suck". So, to each their own. Ironically, I don't hear much mentioned outside of RE on the action side of survival horror for AAA releases, so it seems, at least based on your thinking, they all suck at it. ^_^

Like I said, plenty of god horror games out there.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
After 6 I was tired. 7 brought me back around and RE2 reinvigorated me. RE3 I've yet to pull the trigger on, but am dying to play it. Already mega hyped for8.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Absolutely not, RE2 and RE3 remake are some of the best games this generation.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I was tired of it some time after RE4. If RE2 Remake hadn't come for free with my GPU I probably wouldn't have bothered.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Always one coming out? What has there been except RE2 and RE3 recently? Outbreak not even sure counts.

Also as someone who considers RE in their top 3 franchises plz be quiet