• Quantum Break

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • Control

Votes: 52 63.4%

• Total voters

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
I feel ya OP... and I actually enjoyed Quantum Break's TV episodes

I'm definitely replaying it after I finish Control though.

gnoclaude

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
For me Quantim Break was the best Remedy game (big praise as I adore Alan Wake). The story was just so damn amazing not to mention it had world class actors and fun gameplay to back it up. I can see how people who care more for gameplay might not dig it but for a big sci fi nerd it was bliss. It felt like fringe meets doctor who all wrapped up in Remedy goodness. I'm a sucker for timey wimey shenanigans.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
Quantum Break had some of the most fun third person shooter gameplay in the market, especially on hard.

Overall, I enjoyed QB more. Control beats it hands down in atmosphere, but I preferred the combat, performance, and minute to minute gameplay of QB more.

Jan 4, 2018
I'm so sad that Quantum Break will never have a sequel after such an interesting cliffhanger. I loved QB's story and characters.

Ronin7th

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, I think I would have enjoyed Control more had I not played Quantum Break. It honestly feels like DLC for Quantum Break over a fully fleshed out separate game.

I was waning by the end of Quantum Break and persevered and just don't have the desire to do so with Control.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
For me Quantim Break was the best Remedy game (big praise as I adore Alan Wake). The story was just so damn amazing not to mention it had world class actors and fun gameplay to back it up. I can see how people who care more for gameplay might not dig it but for a big sci fi nerd it was bliss. It felt like fringe meets doctor who all wrapped up in Remedy goodness. I'm a sucker for timey wimey shenanigans.

Amen

I LOVED where the lore was going towards the end of QB.... some of those documents you read are something else. Especially alluding to who Lance Reddick's character actual was :)

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played Control yet but considering that QB is a 9/10 game for me it'll have to be rather amazing to be better than QB.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
The problem with Control for me is yeah, it rely's a bit TOO heavily on it's shoot bang and atmosphere. There are moment to moment bits where, I don't know, I just get kinda... disinterested. Like, I've had to legit force myself to play it at times, which for me at least, is never a good sign.

It's weird.

ziggurqt

May 29, 2019
I really liked Quantum Break story but Control is a better game all around, and I hope they'll go nuts with future DLC's.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
Quantum Break has better pacing for sure.

Control was a bit on the boring side for too many moments.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Quantum breaks time travel stuff was cool but I find Controls occult influences wayyyyyy more interesting

Oct 25, 2017
QB narrative/story is much better, graphics and animations are better too.
Outside the last two missions, Control gameplay is better.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I don't really like the setting in Control. And I think Remedy strength is in linear gameplay. Control felt lower budget in general.

Oct 25, 2017
Quantum Break was possibly the worst AAA game I've ever finished. It's honestly awful.

Control feels like a worthy successor to Alan Wake, one of my favorite games.

So I can't really relate at all. It's better in every single way, I can't even think of a minor thing I prefer in Quantum Break.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quantum Break was fun, but Control is on a whole other level and is by far one of my favorite games of the year.

So...Control>QB for me.

Totenkinder

Oct 27, 2017
Beaten both and I have to give it to Control it felt like a polished version of QB honestly . I remember combat in QB occasionally feeling sloppy Control just feels smoother and more fun to play overall. Story you could argue either way, Control has much better atmosphere and a strong overall feeling of suspense. Both are good games Control is just superior in almost every way GOTY for me

FantasticMrSnake

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 25, 2017
Not at all, quantum break feels like the worst game from Remedy to me, also hated the tv episodes.. they hold the game back.

Control story/general theme is way more interesting, the combat is easier but a little more polish or tight to control.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I have yet to make it through QB once after trying multiple times. I've beaten Control three times, and will probably do it again before the expansions drop. Just a fun, kinetic game to play through!

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
I went back to Quantum Break after beating Control and Quantum Break barely even feels like a game anymore. The enemy variety is weak, the gunplay is lacking, and the time powers don't even matter half the time.