• Each part when they are released

Votes: 810 76.8%
  • Will wait for last part of the series to release then start

Votes: 45 4.3%
  • Wait for a complete collection release

Votes: 200 19.0%

• Total voters
Oct 30, 2017
Seriously some are considering waiting for god knows how many years to play a series of full scaled games when no one is guaranteed tomorrow?

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
Nah seems pointless to wait

I feel the opposite. I don't understand why you wouldn't wait. It's like watching a movie, but you only get to see the first 30-45 mins before waiting a year or more before you can see the next section.

People will say that each piece is promised to be just as robust as a standalone FF title, but do people actually believe that?

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
The day they come out is the day I will play each part. There is no reason to wait for all of then to be out just because the story is divided in part because at the end of the day I'm sure that each of those games will be more than 80 hours long.

Hogendaz85

Dec 6, 2017
I feel the opposite. I don't understand why you wouldn't wait. It's like watching a movie, but you only get to see the first 30-45 mins before waiting a year or more before you can see the next section.

People will say that each piece is promised to be just as robust as a standalone FF title, but do people actually believe that?
It's simple, I know the story already. Also I'm not going to just wait for something I'll play them as they release and whose to say the other ones event get made? Also it's not a movie it's a video game therefore I don't feel that logic applies here.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Getting it Day One but I have to wait until a week to play it.

I will get the Collector's Edition of each version when it gets released. We have waited long enough for this.

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York
It's a long enough range of time for some kind of catastrophe to come upon someone. Type of disaster that makes it impossible to play the game moving forward, e.g. death. So you have to ask yourself whether you are willing to take that chance.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
Waiting it better for people who never played it or people who just like love to torture themselves.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
No? Who knows how long that will take. Hell I might be dead by the time the last game comes out.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
If they really make "full" games out of these releases it would probably be exhausting to play back to back

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I probably won't wait until it's finished. God only knows when that will be. I'm definitely not playing the games at launch and paying full price for them, though. I have no faith in Remake. I'll buy Episode I a couple months after its release when I can get it for $25 or $30 used.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, absolutely going to wait. I get the whole story from start to finish, will save money, and will most likely get a better experience because they would've patched the previous parts through the years. I'll end up only playing them in parts if they get offered for free on PS+ or see some crazy discount or something.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
It took them 5 years to make what is essentially the intro of FF7. I ain't waiting god knows how long till they finish the entire game.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Noooo way. I haven't been this hyped for any game since before Mass Effect 2. I'm buying FF7 day1 and playing at least 5-6 hours imidiately (I know it may seem like nothing to some but for me it's SUPER long play session :D).

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Day one. Every part.

There's no way Remake is just a trilogy. They bloated the first three hours of VII into one game. It will have to be five or six, at least.

There's little reason to believe that the entire game will receive this level of expansion. They're expanding Midgar because it's such an iconic location that went relatively unexplored in the original game.

IrishNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
this is a really unique thing - repaying a game that was huge when it drooped over 20 years ago, remade from the ground up - you get to subvert all the expectations of those of us who already think they know what's coming

episodic releases kinda add to the hype, and they know everyone's gonna want to experience the next chapter before it's inevitably ruined by social media/think pieces
no way I'm missing out on that, god knows ill prolly just double dip for a physical collection when it's done anyway

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
I wish we could get an update on plans moving forward with games...probably cant until first one is out I guess.

Last I remember was just in planning stages a half a year ago or so.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure yet, but given the timescales involved, I'm probably going to hold off until next gen at least; might as well play them all on the same platform, particularly if there's anything planned about save migration between episodes - I suspect that may be more of a hassle if changing platforms as well.

Last edited:

gblues

Oct 25, 2017
Tigard, OR
I have zero faith that S-E is actually going to finish this. I'm holding off on this at least until I know for certain that it actually has a "full Final Fantasy game length" in there—that they haven't shown anything from "expanded midgar" leaves me skeptical that it actually exists.

John Omaha

Oct 25, 2017
Not completely sure yet but currently leaning towards waiting until the complete/definitive edition. There will likely be some improvements and/or extra content over the initial release and it might even be available on a Switch successor or another portable, which is how I'd rather play RPGs these days. I don't have that much of an attachment to VII, so I'm OK with waiting it out.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Originally I was going to wait (Since PSO2 is probably coming around that time), but Amazon had an amazing pre-order deal so I couldn't pass that up. I'll probably play the first part on PS4 and then wait for the rest. Unless the game blows me away to the point that I gotta get the other ones ASAP. I'm excited for the remake don't get me wrong, but a lot of us already know how this one ends so I'm not going crazy about it. (yet! lol)

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017

Out of curiosity, how often do you wait for franchises to finish before starting them?

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
Your point is stating the obvious? I am lost here. maybe I started to drink too early, lol.
I mean the point was pretty fucking clear from the start. I'll wait til its finished since the company has a history of taking ages to put out some games, if this still goes by you then pls don't bother.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for them all would require me to have faith that SE will release them on some kind of regular schedule and that all of them will be made. Frankly, I don't have faith in either of those two at this point.

I might not grab them all on day one, but I plan to pick them up long before they are all released.